ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what is so special about the trophy setup?

Italian 3.2 V6
as title, please (briefly) explain what the differance is to compared to an 182cup?

all ino of is Recaros, the wheels and suspension setup. ..but could buying h&Rs and lighter wheels to put onto a 182cup end up being same if not better than a standard trophy?

..or is there more into y the trophy is quicker?

edit
only reason i ask is, 182cup / trophy is on my car upgrade list, ...prefere the colours (RB + LY) on the 182cup, not to keen on the colour of the trophy also the ride hight is 4x4 style lol but i love the passion thats been put into it..

Last edited by a moderator:
  Astra Twintop
:O

BLASPHEMER

trophy's set up is 2nd to NONE

you could buy "H&M"'s or "M&S"'s but NOWT will compare to the perfect geometery the Trophy has on its Sachs suspension set up!

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
The main difference with the Trophy is its pink paintwork! A couple of likely lads turned up outside my house once in a brand new Trophy and knocked on my front door. My missus literally slammed the door in their face because she didn't like the look of their ghey pink car!

Glanza V
basicly its a 182 cup with v6 spoiler, recaros, expensive suspension and almost perfect handeling and yes its not the most desired colour but the car is fantastic. its not the way to go if ur wanting 2 slamm your car tho lol

correct me if im wrong like lol this in in my eyes anyhoo:eek:

The main difference with the Trophy is its pink paintwork! A couple of likely lads turned up outside my house once in a brand new Trophy and knocked on my front door. My missus literally slammed the door in their face because she didn't like the look of their ghey pink car!

It takes a real man to drive a pink clio plus they'll eat V6's on the track.....

LOL

:)

NEED V6!
It takes a real man to drive a pink clio plus they'll eat V6's on the track.....

LOL

they are no better on track than a standard 182 model drove both around knockhill last year nothing in it on the clock just my arse hurt for days because of the solid suspension on the trophy.

they are no better on track than a standard 182 model drove both around knockhill last year nothing in it on the clock just my arse hurt for days because of the solid suspension on the trophy.

Sorry I'll have to disagree with you there mate the Trophy rides the bumps and curbs far better than a standard 182.

I've taken my car on lots of trackdays and round the ring many times and it seems to be able to cope far better than a 182.

That's just my humble opinion of course.

LOL

as title, please (briefly) explain what the differance is to compared to an 182cup?

all ino of is Recaros, the wheels and suspension setup. ..but could buying h&Rs and lighter wheels to put onto a 182cup end up being same if not better than a standard trophy?

..or is there more into y the trophy is quicker?

edit
only reason i ask is, 182cup / trophy is on my car upgrade list, ...prefere the colours (RB + LY) on the 182cup, not to keen on the colour of the trophy also the ride hight is 4x4 style lol but i love the passion thats been put into it..

better off just putting the money into your car mate!

NEED V6!
Sorry I'll have to disagree with you there mate the Trophy rides the bumps and curbs far better than a standard 182.

I've taken my car on lots of trackdays and round the ring many times and it seems to be able to cope far better than a 182.

That's just my humble opinion of course.

LOL

Just saying I thought that the trophy would be far superior to a normal 182 with all the exp renault, but was dissapointed I hope to drive one again soon to prove me wrong.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Renault spend millions on setting up their cars, thats why standard is so forgiving and imo so, so good. I have been in a Trophy and the way they hold a road is just unbeliveable. Its not a STIFF crashy ride either just so well set up.

On this forum you tend to find that coilovers = god and decking your car makes it handle like a Trophy - no, it will not.

Thinking about it logically you could spend 1k on some decent suspension and some buckets and you have already spent more than the equivalent cost of selling yours and getting one if you so wanted.

Buying a Trophy is also more to me than just a 182, it's a Ltd run and that bit more special. Maybe this is because I have come for a Williams background and "normal" 1*2's don't cut the mustard with me.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Renault spend millions on setting up their cars, thats why standard is so forgiving and imo so, so good. I have been in a Trophy and the way they hold a road is just unbeliveable. Its not a STIFF crashy ride either just so well set up.

On this forum you tend to find that coilovers = god and decking your car makes it handle like a Trophy - no, it will not.

Thinking about it logically you could spend 1k on some decent suspension and some buckets and you have already spent more than the equivalent cost of selling yours and getting one if you so wanted.

Buying a Trophy is also more to me than just a 182, it's a Ltd run and that bit more special. Maybe this is because I have come for a Williams background and "normal" 1*2's don't cut the mustard with me.

Have you ever driven a 172/82 with a decent set of coilovers fitted?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
very expensive if it goes wrong and the car to me looks way to high at the bk .:dapprove:
Nonsense. Only ill-informed people peddle this tosh. To have the front dampers rebuilt is £350. Find out how much standard 182 dampers are to replace and fit.

stick with a cupped 182 as better equiped, that''s why I never bought one as pain was terrible and looked to gash in side
The dash is indentical, bar the ac controls. And you get Recaro's as standard.

Bull. Utter bull. You either drove a knackered car, or didn't drive one. Direct quote from Autocar
" It rolls less than the Cup, has less suspension travel at the front, and yet it rides fully 30 per cent better than that car."

To the OP, go and drive one. I did, and despite only having had my car for a few weeks, it immediately went up for sale, and a Trophy was on the drive asap. I only sold as I couldn't get rid of my other car.

NEED V6!
Autocar
" It rolls less than the Cup, has less suspension travel at the front, and yet it rides fully 30 per cent better than that car."

ha! ha! do you beleive everything you read in the mags.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Typical CS bullshit as per usual, them that have never driven one, them that have had a 2 min test drive & them that can only dream.

The trophy is night & day from 172 & 182, yes it's basic but it does everything you could want from a hot hatch & more, lots more.

But then the 197 gets slated & thats moved the benchmark again;)

ZX6R B1H
has anybody got any tech info on the trophy setup? Caster, camber, toe in or toe out, spring rate etc?

I know it may sound silly but for the likes of me, 1k for a 172 phs1 do some little tweeks and you could copy the setup and have the best of both world minus the flyby wiring and electric throttle. it would work out far cheaper and still have a well setup car which uses the info and tech ren have spent on the trophy.

Kinda like the valver/williams wider track idea :D

Last edited:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Autocar

ha! ha! do you beleive everything you read in the mags.
No. Just base my opinion from owning these
IMGP1014.jpg

IMGP1587.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
has anybody got any tech info on the trophy setup? Cast, camber, toe in, spring rate etc?

I know it may sound silly but for the likes of me, 1k for a 172 phs1 do some little tweeks and you could copy the setup and have the best of both world minus the flyby wiring and electric throttle. it would work out far cheaper and still have a well setup car which uses the info and tech ren have spent on the trophy.

Kinda like the valver/williams wider track idea :D
You could copy the set-up to get a similar drive, but you wouldn't get the same quality of damping. Steve took me out in his, and a well driven Trophy over a B-road carries a shocking amount of speed. On a track there's not much in it, but tracks are usually well surfaced.

Clio 172 cup
this thread makes me smile.

does no one remember EVO magazine rated the trophy as the 3rd best car on the planet in 2005 and only got beat buy a lambo and a ferrari!!!!!!

the best clios ever built straight from the factory would be..

1st clio trophy
2nd clio williams
3rd ph1 172
4th clio 197 cup
5th clio cup 172

the end

close thread................lol

alien green rs133
this thread makes me smile.

does no one remember EVO magazine rated the trophy as the 3rd best car on the planet in 2005 and only got beat buy a lambo and a ferrari!!!!!!

the best best clios ever built straight from the factory would be..

1st clio trophy
2nd clio williams
3rd ph1 172
4th clio 197 cup
5th clio cup 172

the end

close thread................lol

v6? r3? s1600?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
has anybody got any tech info on the trophy setup? Caster, camber, toe in or toe out, spring rate etc?
Clio 182 Trophy (Standard)
Camber
Toe
Ride Height
Front
0.3 - 0.6
1mm OUT
616 / 604mm to top of arch
Rear
1.4 - 1.6
1mm IN
634 / 610mm to top of arch

a turbo'd yellow car
i would of thought just cutting the springs in half would make the best set up! it will lower your car at the same time! so just get any clio and do this! win win id say :eek: