ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh hi! Bloody gone and forgot like a dick. Made a reminder on my phone.

Had the Rupes out for a play today and going to be using it properly over the weekend, can't wait!

12122610384_0f401585e6.jpg

Arctic 182
Ordered the Autobrite snow foam lance with Magifoam deal from the DW group buy. Also a replacement hose for my Nilfisk PW from Directhoses.net.
Supposed to be much better than standard!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
What do you use now Ant? Didn't the spin Dr. give up

Didn't see this Dave.. Spin Dr not given up completely, sounds like the bearings have gone so it's a bit loud. It's done 3 details in that state and is still fine but i'd like to upgrade as the sound is bloody annoying :(
gally

Didn't see this Dave.. Spin Dr not given up completely, sounds like the bearings have gone so it's a bit loud. It's done 3 details in that state and is still fine but i'd like to upgrade as the sound is bloody annoying :(
@gally
Still not as noisy as your hoovers mate. I've got little white smuts on my coat too cos I stood too close to your polisher :eek:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lol that hoover is something else, I blame Rob, must've done it with his superkings ;)

Haha there was a little sling, you're lucky I was using Menz polish and not Wolfs, you'd look like a snowman!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
2 bottles of WWHW.... About time one of the supermarkets near me stocked some, Gool ol Morrisons.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
If you use IPA you will remove all the fillers and base set down by the previous product meaning your wax or sealant will be applied directly to the paint, so you're not really getting the benefits of using an al in one like tripple or srp.

Both these products set a base for waxing or sealing over so leave it be.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
If you use IPA you will remove all the fillers and base set down by the previous product meaning your wax or sealant will be applied directly to the paint, so you're not really getting the benefits of using an al in one like tripple or srp.

Both these products set a base for waxing or sealing over so leave it be.

Brilliant, cheers.

is it 'pure' polishes that require a wipe down before LSP?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The IPA wipedown is to remove any oils and fillers to check the level of correction achieved, as sometimes these will mask swirls and give a false image.

The other reason to use IPA is where certain waxes or sealants require a perfectly clean base to bond directly to the paint.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Add GTechniq C1/4/5 to the list.

I don't think you'd be dissapointed by any of them provided you get your prep and application right

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The IPA wipedown is to remove any oils and fillers to check the level of correction achieved, as sometimes these will mask swirls and give a false image.

The other reason to use IPA is where certain waxes or sealants require a perfectly clean base to bond directly to the paint.

Great, so most waxes bond fine ontop of fillers/glazes?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Typically waxes aren't quite as fussy, but some sealants are fine also, just look into getting a combo that works together with oils and polymers etc.

Typically having fillers under something will always shorten the wax or sealants overal durability, but it's pretty minimal. Most pre wax cleaners, glazes etc contain some kind of oil or polymer that will add something to the finish and most will provide a great base for waxes to bond to

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Typically waxes aren't quite as fussy, but some sealants are fine also, just look into getting a combo that works together with oils and polymers etc.

Typically having fillers under something will always shorten the wax or sealants overal durability, but it's pretty minimal. Most pre wax cleaners, glazes etc contain some kind of oil or polymer that will add something to the finish and most will provide a great base for waxes to bond to

brilliant.

tough coat is fine for wheels, right?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
As long as its a painted finish it will bond. Will make washing hem easier but dont think it's heat resistant so won't last all that long like a dedicated wheel sealant.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Not true. It's stood up for 3 months on the R8, S3 and some of Jim White's details. Granted it's not a semi perm layer like C5 et al but still worth a look.

I've not found anything bar quartz coatings to actively resist the bonding of hot brakedust. Majority yes will wash off for a couple of months, but you will still see spots that won't be removed