ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Ex-User (36231)

ClioSport Club Member
Just put my new engine and upper gearbox mounts on, I'm shocked at how much difference it makes to the feel of the car. The old mounts had torn rubber so guess they were screwed

Phoned Fred at BTM about what to do.....WHAT TO DO????? And decided not to do what he was going to do ;)

Not got that engine in there yet?

I fitted a steering wheel that is smaller than my head, and i love having a silly small wheel again. It actually 3" smaller than standard diameter.
null-1.jpg

107 Track Car & C4
Yesterday i clayed and waxed the roof and the bonnet after work. Going to do the rest of the car today and hopefully my splitter and washer blanks too :)

Fitted genuine new rear discs/pads to my Clio 182 as Falkland Performance told me the discs were in some state and one was warped and causing the knocking.

First proper attempt at anything like this, took 2 hours, had to purchase a torque wrench and 30mm socket so cost £28 all in. (Cheapo wrench haha).

Old discs:

o9HjabPl.jpg

YQXo9zEl.jpg

gy5Hk4Yl.jpg

ZP61QPWl.jpg

New ones + pads all on:

iNKvZCCl.jpg

Jre0dNvl.jpg

The knocking has stopped! So far... also the washers were on the old discs so thank god for that.

Black 182 FF
Just bought my third rear wiper blade in just over two years. Realised the bosch one I bought about six months ago wasn't working well and on inspection it was badly split in two places. I haven't been buying cheap eBay stuff. Trico, Bosch and now I thought I'd try Valeo. Not exactly massive expense, but I thought Bosch would last a bit longer.

Picked my car up from diamond motors after having the belts and dephaser done :)
Very pleased and its a big tick off the things to do list

Thought I'd get my front brake discs and pads changed, got the discs off only to fund through my own stupidity that I had bout the wrong sized disc!
Hopefully get a refund or an exchange if I'm lucky!

107 Track Car & C4
Just bought my third rear wiper blade in just over two years. Realised the bosch one I bought about six months ago wasn't working well and on inspection it was badly split in two places. I haven't been buying cheap eBay stuff. Trico, Bosch and now I thought I'd try Valeo. Not exactly massive expense, but I thought Bosch would last a bit longer.

My Bosch one hasn't lasted that long either, think it only went on in November and it's got a split in it. I was looking at trying the Valeo one next.

Today, I finished claying and waxing the car and tomorrow going to have a go at adjusting my Whiteline ARB :)

Front bumper off to replace mish-mash collection of bolts/fixings for proper ones, including drilling out sheared bolt from splash guard. New centre exhaust mount fitted, and fiddled at the rear ;) to try and get it a bit higher, still too low! :(. Finally washed it, hopefully clay and polish etc. tomorrow

5, 19, Integrale, Cupra R
Someone gave me a BMC CDA which fit straight on. I cable tied it in place and now i sound like a chavvy t**t driving around. Go me!

172 Cup
Well today we fitted the sump guard, the new tie rod and also a pair of ad08's on the front, went for a blast down the gravel track and round the farm yard, feel pretty decent. Few more jobs to do before the first rally, getting there now :)

20130504_123321-001.jpg

Black 182 FF
My Bosch one hasn't lasted that long either, think it only went on in November and it's got a split in it. I was looking at trying the Valeo one next.

Must be the shape of the rear window, none of mine have particularly wiped well and all split relatively quickly.

172 Ph1
Fitted my long awaited 428s in today, got the cover on and torqued down , timing tomorrow with all new de-phaser
and aux tensioner and timing belt kit.

GTD, Lupo
I had a second attempt at fitting my H&R springs after the first attempt was cut short due to a lack of tools to get the shock strut nut off. Managed to get the springs off only to find that Larkspeed sent me springs for a Megane! Nothing like waisting 4 hours, just to do it all again in a few days

Had full four wheel alignment and car now handles as it should. Dropped some stuff off to have it flocked. New locking wheel nuts arrived as well. Hope the weather holds for Saturday as need to do a few jobs and give it a good clean.

04 Clio 172, Meg 250
Took it for it mot. Failed unfortunately. Needs a new track rod end and two of the springs are fractured so need replaced.

Fiesta ST3
Fitted my standard shocks with some eibach sportlines, new top mounts, new steering rack bushes and a new dog bone mount.

Feels like a new car, so much better :)

Clio 182
Bumper off (for the first time ever), new arch spray guard on and headlight washers off to get it through it's MOT!