Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have garage done to my lambda?

Discussion in 'Engine, Gearbox, Exhausts & Running Gear' started by Austin-182, May 17, 2012.

1. Austin-182

Austin-182 ClioSport Club Member

Car:
    Afternoon all,

Haf my car plugged in a couple days ago and it was showing a faulty pre cat lambda. I expected this as my MPG have been low for a while now which is a why i had it plugged in, in the first place.

Anyway, ive gone from getting 26MPG, to this;

[​IMG]

Excellent, great!

However, walking to my car and i could notice something hanging down, yes you guessed it, the lambda sensor!
    But it doesnt look rite to me, is this the rear lambda? Its going from the de-cat then forward. I thought the rear lambda wrnt from the de-cat towards the rear of the car?

[​IMG]
    Pic taken from passenger side

Is it the rear sensor simply hanging down? Its the pre-cat sensor that ive had replaced.

Cheers

2. George182

George182 East Mids - Leicester ClioSport Area Rep

Car:
    FF BG Turbo 182
    There should be a little plastic clip for it to attach to, next to the fuel lines. Easy fix

3. Stu-

Stu- ClioSport Club Member

Car:
    Francia Blue 172
    That's just the plug that connects it to the wire harness. As said it just clips up onto the chassis.

4. Austin-182

Car:
    So it is the correct way? It is the rear and its just fell down then?

I was confused as i thought the wire should be at the opposite side, going towards the rear of the car and not the front

5. George182

George182 East Mids - Leicester ClioSport Area Rep

Car:
    FF BG Turbo 182
    Looks about right, there should be a couple of metal holders for the excess cable on the heat shield.
    Thats just the cable for the post cat lambda. You won't see the pre cat without looking underneath as its in the manifold down pipe.

6. Austin-182

Car:
    Nice one, was worried theyd conected the front and back up together. Il go back tomorow to get it on the ramp and sort it

7. SteveyB.

SteveyB.

Car:
    Clio 1.2
    Just lay underneath and pop it back into the clip, did it just the other day takes literally 2 seconds

Steve