ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do I need?

Titanium 182
Can someone give me a list of good products I need everything as I've never done anything other than a quick wash on previous cars, the only things I have is buckets and a cheap jet wash no snow lance, also I'll be doing this after I get the car resprayed it'll be titanium silver body with a black roof with red flake I don't know if that makes any difference or not? I'll be polishing/waxing by hand so any suggestions of good quality products/pads/cloths would be great

Megane 250 FF / cup
As a decent cheap-ish starter kit i would go out and get yourself some zymol auto wash, autoglym super resin polish which will slightly fill the swirl marks and then a tester pot of dodo juice wax which is awesome stuff. I get most of my products from a site called i4detailing. Although halfrauds have 3 for 2 at the mo so you could go there and get meguiars step 1,2,3 for just £16. I use the meguiars foam pads and also there buffing towels.

Elliott.

Titanium 182
Cheers Elliot I went to halfrauds as I didn't like to see my car looking so filthy on a nice sunny day I ended up getting an auto glym kit the in black bag it seems pretty good I'm sure there's better stuff out there but figured for £40 I couldn't really go wrong I need to get some tardis as there's some stuff I just couldnt shift but it's a lot better now, I've also looked at some waxes and I not sure which one to try either the dodo wax or some collinite?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
AG intensive tar remover should move most things that Tardis would, just maybe with a bit more work. Look into a megs or AG clay kit for other parts that you can't get rid of.

Wax wise, collis for durabilty, DJ for looks and regular applications

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm finding it harder and harder to recommend products.

People these days seem to end up buying cheap or on the shelf products and buying twice in the process, you don't save money or time that way.

Buy right from the start, research as much as you possibly can and then buy.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Buy the right products from the start is something i've actually been quite lucky with. I never really started with too many duff products.

Probably due to my research OCDness! If I had a pound for every old thread I read on DW i'd be minted!

That's clearly b****cks. You'd still be in the same position you're in now, if not worse as you'd have spent those pounds on products! x

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Pmsl! I may or may not have 3 different baskets adding up to £300 on my internet atm. :eek:

Includes a new Rotary (my millawaukee is shaggered) and RG55. :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
This is true. I need a new wax anyway, I don't use my Glasur on every detail.

£95.70 in my PB basket and 86.90 in my CYC basket! FML!

As said don't buy cheap. This is my current list of products which are all very good.

Dodo juice born to be mild
Lambs wool mitt
I4d lime clay bar
AG tar remover although tardis is better
A clay lube
Billerry wheel cleaner
Poorboys wheel sealent
Some Mircofibres
Wax, mine is Smartwax good and easy to use, a lot of chose on the net though
Drying towel

All can be bought from I4detailing.co.uk

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
Cheers for the advice guys I think I'll palm off the ag set as some of isnt that good and the other stuff I just won't use, I'll get over to the I4detailing and cyc websites and get myself some proper stuff at the end of the month when I get paid, one other question as I mentioned before I'm getting a respray is there anythings that I should do or any definite donts when I clean it given that it'll be fresh paint and I don't want to ruin it