ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Clio

Hi guys, im thinking of buying a Clio Dynamique but dont know which engine to get and am after some advice. Ive been given mixed reviews some people say 1.5dci is the best others say the 1.2 petrol. Which is fastest and is the diesal loud and noisy? Any help would be great, thanks.

Black 172

i have never driven the 1.5 diesel, but i had a 1.2 16v and its definately quicker than alot of other 1.2 16vs around! I have driven a few cars and my 1.2 was quicker than alot of the others. But if your looking for speed then a 1.2 aint gonna give you speed a 172 will !!! or 182!.

1.5 diesel will be quicker, I really enjoyed my little 1.2 dynamique has all the little extras, mine was just missing the air con.

Well thats that then, diesal it is! As for the 172/182 would love to couldnt afford the insurance though! Cheers for the help guys.

Lou

Ive got a 1.2 16v Dynamique and love it, yeah it may not be fast but it gets me from A to B and still looks good!

My old car was a Diesel, dont recommend them like, very noisy, sounded like a tank lol

I prefere the diesel. Its about £1k extra but you should be able to get it for less. Its worth a few hundred more at resale. Its not as quick as the 1.2 if you realy rev it but in 99% of driving its quicker. Since the gearbox isnt stunning on any Clio and the clucth is heavy I prefere not having to chnage gear as much which a dci is better at. If your doing any decient motorway driving personally the dci is better.

Im still abit unsure but think i probably go for a diesal. Not buying brand new can only afford a second hand one maybe a 52 plate. A nice shiny black dynamique, just been looking through the autotrader and am getting quite excited!

artic blue 182

i had a 1.4 dynamique had it from new for nearly 2 years verry nippy around town and great on motorway i would recommened....saying that i know of a black 1.2 dynamique with cool pack 53 plate feb 2004 going for 6k