ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Were do I buy a new key from!!??

Hi All,

When I bought my 182 it only came with the one key and im worried I'll lose this and be in a right pickle! I've been told that a new key from Renault will set me back £120-£150! Does anyone know of anywhere else I can get a key cut with the immobiliser code for a much cheaper price?

Your help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Bucks182.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Unfortunately it needs to be coded from Renault specifically, so no way round it I'm afraid. You can go to an independant garage who use Renault, to avoid the questionable Renault service, but it'll be the same price.

You could take the key part to a locksmith's separately AFAIK to make it a little cheaper, but it'll be negligable.

I'm ni the same boat and am putting it off... it'll bite me in the ass soon!

Insignia SRi
Iv got this very same problem but evertime I go to get a new key I get distracted with inlet matching, decats and Yozza zorsts!!!! lol

Insignia SRi
I know I really do need to get a new one!! Getting my inlets matched on the 14th so once thats done its next on the list!!! lol

clio cup 172
I lost my only key a month ago so i called a locksmith an he picked the lock and programmed me a key in half hour for 150.
so it will cost you the same if you lose it anyway so id wouldnt bother!

They come out werever your cars stuck usualy within the hour

Renault quoted 170 plus i somehow had to get the car to them?

Lots of Alfas
Ive just ordered a new key from Renault, they took some code from my service book. It was £145 and there's a weeks wait for it.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I lost my only key a month ago so i called a locksmith an he picked the lock and programmed me a key in half hour for 150.
so it will cost you the same if you lose it anyway so id wouldnt bother!

They come out werever your cars stuck usualy within the hour

Renault quoted 170 plus i somehow had to get the car to them?

You sure!?! All coded for immobiliser and alarm, codes supplied by Renault? :S

EDIT - I am sure it said £50 earlier!

182cup & 172 racecar
When you bought it you should have insisted that it comes with two keys and argued toss,your not alone so many people have bought cars with only one key.

Renault.
Will cost between £130-150 including coding.
It takes between 5-10 working days to come in as they are unique to the car and are made in the factory.
You will need to visit your nearest dealer with your driving license/ ID and logbook (V5), they will take a deposit off you and book you a slot for coding (while you wait).
No a key plip off ebay will not work, they are unique to the vehicle.

If you lose your 1 key or it stops working you will be looking at 5-10 days without a car (unlikely to get a courtesy car whilst waiting for a key), you will then have the expense of getting your vehicle recovered into the dealer so the key can be coded. Sod that for the sake of £140!

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
The plips come blank and THEN get coded at renault, so you can buy a blank plip from ebay IF you can find one

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
can the chip be taken out the key and attached to the ignition barrell? so you could get a key cut at a locksmiths and then they will both work.