ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well, I found out what the bone shaking vibration was....

340i
I'll let the pictures do the talking.... ;)

hhhmmm, what "isn't" there?

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

Oh there it is....

IMG_0676.jpg

Fitted a replacement shaft this afternoon, I love working outside in 1" of snow and -2 degrees :dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

M

mini-valver

Done well there sir!. Easy fix though, get another shaft whcih is fucked (anything will do, very rare the inner goes!) and take the circlip off the end, knock the tri-ball off, new one on, sorted. Spare shaft :cool:

340i
yeah I am surprised the inner has gone TBH...It literally dropped to bits when I pulled it out the differential

M

mini-valver

TBH, I'm not sure, I "think" the N/S is bigger but not 100%

Titanium 182
Good work ;)

I swapped my back wheels with my fronts to get more tread on the driving wheels in the snow. f**k me its horrible working on cars in this weather.

ph1 black 172
mine did this. near side aswell. got a new one from renault £135 after exchange/surcharge.

all fun and games

340i
Well in 28 months of ownership this drive shaft, a broken bolt and flat battery are the only things that have broken....

I think! ;)

340i
any more then 1/4 throttle and any speed over 50mph the car would shake and pull around violently... literally the whole car vibrating!

M135i, 118 coupe
Looks like i have that problem but only seems to do it above 65 ish great!!!!

Will it be obvious?/ Its going into JMS shortly soon for coilovers anyway

M135i, 118 coupe
Looks like i have that problem but only seems to do it above 65 ish great!!!!

Will it be obvious?/ Its going into JMS shortly soon for coilovers anyway

SQ5
Yes! I'm glad this happened to someone else, mines does this twice now and could never find out what the problem was!

340i
As the shaft / bearing ultimatly wears more and more... The vibrating and shaking will get worse.. Mine was hardly noticeable, then 300 miles later it was unbareable!

If you concerned I would check it out asap guys!

DMS

A thirsty 172
Ah. I just noticed that everyone in this thread who's had the problem is driving a Ph1. I thought it may only affect the "older" variants :p

It affects most cars, check the angle off your driveshaft. When they go fucked it no fun because the car shakes like f**k and the noise is horrendous. Lowering it on coils wont make any difference. If its lowered they will go fucked sooner or later.

Exactly, the car is too low and the CV joint is working overtime with the ridiculous angles. Get the car so the wishbones and driveshafts are horizontal and they'll last a lot longer