ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well, I found out what the bone shaking vibration was....

RS RIP
i HOPE it will be something like the driveshafts for me too :mad:

Since last night i can also hear a funny noise, only when on drive / in gear . Car was also acting funny on acceleration, sort of "searching" when on throttle , torque-steering.. When on hard throttle, i could hear some sort of whine or crunching !? This has gradually been getting worse over weeks

When parking the car last night, going slowly , i could hear a kind of "ticking" and also again only when in gear so that rules out the engine ??

(Got a new clutch 3000miles ago btw)

Driveshafts ?

RS RIP
:bump:

do'nt want to start another thread, thought i'd hook up to this one.. Anyone familiar with my above mentioned >?

RS RIP
tick tick tickticker (although small ones) and SUDDENLY there since last night. First thought was engine tapping but when off clutch and revving no sound is there

RS RIP
Not sure yet Tom, cheers for the feedback !

have to give it another go this afternoon, last night was LATE and just wanted to catch some shuteye.

Is the cv part of the driveshaft ? I know the previous owner already had both(shafts) changed at 30K. Car is now on 75K+
Seems like a common problem/ wear+tear situation on lowered cars ?

They are just a common problem fullstop tbh, I wouldn't say that its specifically because it have been lowered. The CV joint is part of the driveshaft - its one complete unit.

RS RIP
^^ right, and i should ask for a new or recon-d one for my gearboxtypenr. at the dealers ? (being a cup)

Good idea to do both sides or does "when it's not broken do'nt touch it" count here ?