ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water pump failure - advice?

Clio 182FF
Greets,

I have ran a search on here but havn't found anything that clears up my problem.

A few weeks ago I had my cam and aux belt changed along with the waterpump. Was driving home late Wednesday night when I noticed that my temperature was sky high and the STOP light was on. Upon popping the bonnet there was no coolant in the bottle.

Filled it up with water twice to get it home and the garage have picked the car up to check it over and have told me that the new water pump had failed.

It is a pattern one (not original Renault) but surely they shouldn't fail after only a few weeks? They are as puzzled as me but have ordered a new pump and fitting it within the next few days.

Any ideas why it would just give up like that and also I'm guessing the part will be covered so I won't have to pay for it to be fitted again?

Thanks.

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
what make of pump is it ? just about to fit one myself and dont want to do it twice :)

Clio 182FF
Update: I'm not sure what make the water pump was but the garage owner said it was a brand that he uses often and it's the first time he's had it happen - however he's put a different brand in now and so far everything seems to be running fine.

He let me see the pump that failed and you could see where the pump had failed! I didn't get charged any extra though which was nice.