ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

want to buy a new console, which one? (no fighting)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ok so i got some spare cash, i want to buy a new console

either a ps4 or a xbox one

which do i get?

will be run through an amp with 5.1 surround, running a 80mbit fiber connection, also have sky hd which i believe the xbo can be linked through??

as for game types, i like racing games mainly, have all the forza games on my 360 etc... the new titanfall game looks a laugh too.

will also be used for blu ray playing etc. I also have a NAS system running throughout the house can either console play videos etc streamed from the NAS?

does the kinnect camera have a mount for on top of a screen? as my screen is wall mounted with no where under it to mount the camera to?

where has the best deals?! i see game have pre owned (not that i want to buy pre owned i know it sounds silly but would rather pay the 40 more to get a new one lol)

Not sure if helpful or not but the Mounts can be bought for under £20 (top end) that will mount the kinnect to the top of the tv, unsure of how long the cable is,

Arctic Blue 182
Both consoles cant play MKV if your thinking of streaming movies. sure you can do a quick Google to see what you can and cant play. All my friends have xbox`s and i'm a life long customer so also got an xbox One. Not sure that it was particularly worth it but I feel that way about most stuff that's expensive these days.

My Kinect is mounted on top of my TV using a couple of well placed cable ties as my TV has vents that i could hook the through and its not budged even when the cat decided to try and kill it.

Oh and Titanfall is a right load of fun.

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
to be honest, not many of my mates play consoles, those that do have both and can give me no reason to buy one over the other i just get the "buy both" from them lol, its one of these or a crank pulley for my amg making me over 600bhp lol !

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
PS4 is the better console (technically) but the XO has the better line up of games (currently).

As you like Forza and Titanfall I'd go for the XO.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Well I'm a PC gamer at heart and bought the 360 late into its product cycle and the PS3 really late in the game. Which one do we use the most? The PS3.

I'm not in the market for another console, but if I was, I'd be looking at the PS4 first - purely off the experience of the previous generation.

D.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
PS4 is the better console (technically) but the XO has the better line up of games (currently).

As you like Forza and Titanfall I'd go for the XO.

I'll have to agree with this, the xbone is so f**king slow it's unreal, just loading up a party or dvr recording takes forever, ps4 is far superior in these terms. Ps4 also had a first over xbox it got Naval strike before the xbox did. Also ps4 has rechargeable controllers as standard typically ms rape you for every little add on, worse than Audi imo.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Well I'm a PC gamer at heart and bought the 360 late into its product cycle and the PS3 really late in the game. Which one do we use the most? The PS3.

I'm not in the market for another console, but if I was, I'd be looking at the PS4 first - purely off the experience of the previous generation.

D.

Not really a fair comparison as the PS3 was released over a year after the 360 was so it had the benefit of further developed and refined technology.

work for BMW
Not sure if this thread is serious?

The answer is Xbox.. there is absolutely no contest

I got rid of my 360 a while back as I game on PC now, but I love driving games and nothing touches forza, not even on PC IMO.
I've just gone out and got another 360 with forza 4 to satisfy my need, but if the xbox one wasn't so expensive I'd have got that instead. Stick with what you know/like.

Forza 4 on 360 is superior to 5 on the xbone, but who cares. Lol.
4 had more tracks and cars, a lot more! But 5 is still better, the detail and graphics are superb. There's less content but what is in there is better quality.
Forza has always been better game than GT. Content isnt what's important in a racing game, its the racing.

Forza was always better than GT5. I'm not so sure about GT6. Despite some flaws, it's a fabulous racing game. All the better considering how joyless its predecessor was.

I would also strongly disagree with the idea that content is not important in a racing game. Preposterous.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Bought both at launch............sold the XO.

Nuff said.
Bought both at launch, not turned xbox one on this year, been buying multiplatform games on the ps4 as the frame rate and graphics are always higher/better.

A SHED!
Buy a ps3 and get ps+ and get games like tomb raider and bioshock free to play. Ps4 currently has bugger all games at moment.

LY 200 EDC LUX
I can't stand the PS4 controllers. XO controllers are far superior. Live is also better. Yes, you pay for it, but its barely anything, and its better for it.

i also wouldn't buy an XO purely for Titanfall. Its good, but it isn't that good. No single player for a start which is ridiculous in itself.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I can't stand the PS4 controllers. XO controllers are far superior. Live is also better. Yes, you pay for it, but its barely anything, and its better for it.

i also wouldn't buy an XO purely for Titanfall. Its good, but it isn't that good. No single player for a start which is ridiculous in itself.

You now pay for Playstation Online.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I'm going to wait a month or two, getting some work on the amg instead lol

Bug

Megane rs250
Just got my old ps2 out have to wait for a controller to arrive since mines broken but you cant beat the old school games
Got my gamecube for the mrs she loves mario sunshine aha

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Good decision, mate :) You'll have far more fun with the mod's. I believe the current consoles are still several months away from having a decent lineup of games.

Agreed, the PS4 is especially poor.