ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VERY BIG BALLS

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Sweet jesus, no thanks.

Lol at some of the comments...
"How do you even get on a bike with balls that big?"

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Guy Martin's with chassis wobble is even scarier!

Last edited by a moderator:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Good old Brucey!

He's a huge talent, made a few mistakes over that lap as well. Imagine how fast it would of been if he hadn't!

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
That is actually insane, looks like it is on fast forward.

How can you do that!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I often wonder that. Over 100 years of tradition is a good reason to keep going. But the number of deaths is crazy.

Thing is deaths or big crashes are expected at the IOM TT, where as if someone dies at a track it is completely different, everyone knows what they are doing when they get on a bike to race around the IOM.

I don't think it will ever be not run as it generates 90% (not sure on exact figures but it is a lot) of the Islands income for the year over the 2 weeks, and they also do not have to put up with the EU bullshit so can pretty much do as they please.

It always amazes me when they interview them and they know where every bump pothole and drain covers are on the lines around the circuit.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
As Guy Martin says himself.
"The reason I do it is because if you get it wrong, it'll kill you. If you think its dangerous then go home and cut your grass and leave us to it."

His plum sack must be the size of an Olympic swimming pool!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's pretty much the last bastion of personal freedom and responsibility left in this part of the world!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Most of them would feel their death would be dishonoured if it was cancelled in their name.

im all for leaving them to it!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Most of them would feel their death would be dishonoured if it was cancelled in their name.

im all for leaving them to it!

Indeed. And while it is dangerous. I bet it is still safer than smoking or being obese etc.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Why would someone post that vid on the internet? When you hear of a riders getting killed on the TT or anywhere actually, you only need to imagine how awfull their injuries would be. No need for vids imo unless to show what they survived.

Have been watching this all week on itv4 and theres been some good coverage. Certainly shows the men from the boys. The top MotoGP riders have nothing compared to these blokes in my opinion.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Why would someone post that vid on the internet? When you hear of a riders getting killed on the TT or anywhere actually, you only need to imagine how awfull their injuries would be. No need for vids imo unless to show what they survived.

Have been watching this all week on itv4 and theres been some good coverage. Certainly shows the men from the boys. The top MotoGP riders have nothing compared to these blokes in my opinion.

Death is VERY much a part of the TT, but it must be hard for the family to see things like that and know others are getting morbid enjoyment from watching it etc.

BUT, the riders all know they are going to be appearing online if they crash etc, so they HAVE made that choice that they are ok with it or they wouldnt ride there.

FF Artic 182
If you haven't already, you NEED to watch the Closer to the Edge TT Documentary.

The balls required are huge, and the Connor Cummings crash is unbelievable just how any one could survive that then even think about throwing a leg over a machine. Even the Guy Martin crash will leave you stunned.

Deaths happen and it is very sad but people come from all over the world for the TT. You have to be 100% committed to race at the IOM and if you die doing so, the general thought is there is no other way to go than doing what you love.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Yes cant argue the fact fatal crashes are apart of the TT or other forms of road racing. They with out doubt go hand in hand and make those riders what they are. Also wouldnt deny the fact that seeing the crashes isn't an eye opener. But seeing a poor bloke planking at 130mph, face down into a curb is a little bit much in my opinion. Its not as if you even see the bike or what happened before hand. Just my opinion mind.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
The opposite of winning the lottery. Just a couple of feet to the left and he'd probably of been ok. Videos of crashes are good reminders of the risk but running it in slow mo and the super slow mo was not cool.

An orange one
If you haven't already, you NEED to watch the Closer to the Edge TT Documentary.

The balls required are huge, and the Connor Cummings crash is unbelievable just how any one could survive that then even think about throwing a leg over a machine. Even the Guy Martin crash will leave you stunned.

Deaths happen and it is very sad but people come from all over the world for the TT. You have to be 100% committed to race at the IOM and if you die doing so, the general thought is there is no other way to go than doing what you love.

I genuinely laughed after the Guy Martin fireball where he was most worried about not having his leathers cut!! Crazy nutters!

Guy is a little bit of a diva at times tbh, walking off the podium and going missing (in the cream puff) etc. Still a legend though!

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I cannot understand those who have a passion for something more than they have a respect for their own mortality but, if that is what you want to do. Go for it!!

Its great that events like the TT still exist.

That video looks like its in fast forward. Absolute mentalists the lot of them!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly that, after the recent passing of Karl Harris theres been a few of the usual 'it should be banned' chat going round.

But most of this comes from people who have no involvement in bikes or racing. They don't get it, that's fine they don't need to.

The guys who do it know exactly what they're signing up for, they aren't being forced to be there. They do it because they have chosen to go road racing.

I never saw the Connor Cummins crash first time round.
How on earth he survived that and got back on a bike soon after must have been big luck and big balls too!