ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent help required with valver

clio 16v
Ok over the past couple of week the battery light has been flickering on my valver, today it came on solid. Just so happens I was in halfords car park, I unscrewed the caps of the battery to find no water, pop into halfords to get battery water and fill it up. Jump in my car to find the battery is totally flat, called the Rac who gave me a jump start, it started but when the guy held the voltmeter across my battery he said the alternator was not charging the battery and need replaced. what I cannot understand is now it's parked outside my work and wont start but the battery does not appear to be flat headlight etc all work and not dim at all, when u try to turn it over there is just a really fast clicking noise and the engine does not turn over. Any ideas people what fuked teh battery, alternator or the earth strap?
By the way where is the earth starp on a valver?