ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent help needed!!! :s

Clio 182 Cup
Hi

Wonder if anyone could offer some urpgent support. I have a Clio 182 Cup and today when i try and lock it it beeps 3 times then does a high pitch sound as if i havent closed the doors, boot, bonnet ect. I have tried turning the key 3 time sin the ignistion then locking it within 20 seconds, that did not work, I have also tried using the other key, that does not work either. Its as if the exterior alarm sensors are detecting a door open when they are not. Does anyone know anything of this problem? or wether there is a way of removing the fuse or even putting an end top this awful sound?

Thanks in advance:S

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
This happend to my 182 within a few days of owner ship.

The problem was that the sensor that detects if the bonnet is open or not had pushed downwards out of its holder/clip thingy and was obviously breaking the circuit as it was not compressed.

I put the sensor back in place and a dab of glue to hold it there and this solved the problem. Also try and see if the sensors have got any grit in. Get someone to lock the car which you push each sensor in and see if it arms.

Cant think of much else to say.

Sam!

Clio 182 Cup
Thanks for your quick responses, Does anyone know where the sensors are for the doors? so I can chekc those aswell?

Thanks

Clio 182
Mine sometimes does this, and i was told it was due to the alarm system being too slow and not being ready to arm when you press the fob, a quick unlock and then lock again sorts it, or just get out of your car slower! :boring: