ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

uprate manifold

hi, i have a 1.4 8v clio s.. but i want more power from it! i heard that a 1.6 inlet mani may help? will this work? and how hard is it?

thanks

E36 M3. 182
No. That is all.

Sorry fella, but any money speny on 'tuning' your engine, apart from regular servicing, is money wasted. Theres next to nowt to be had from smaller capacity motors without serious ( thousands of pounds) investment.

ok mate ta, iv tried an induction kit but that didnt do much. and cba with spendin all that. looks like il be buyin a new car den!

Evo
Dont be so put off mate, even the enthusiasts who cant afford the 2ltrs have some options open to them.

I used to have a 1.4 16v and spent alot on it, admittably alot didnt do anything. However from my experience some small gains can be made from a remap, decat and new performance exhaust manifold.

Although the best thing you can do is strip as much weight out of it possible and concentrate on handling mods to improve your performance.

Qashcow
on a small engine, dont bother. however, spend the money on brake and suspension upgrades, you will see a difference with that

You can spend thousands and not get much in return, or spend a lot less on brakes and suspension and transform the car.