ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre rotation direction?

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
imagine these wheels are rolling up towards the top of your screen, which tyre is fitted the correct way round? I think its the top pic but just want to make sure as it doesn't say anywhere on the tyre. My wheels have just been powdercoated and the guy has refitted all four tyres the same way round so i need to get two of them switched around

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

clio mk1 RSI
it will have arrows on the side if it is a directional tyre, but they would go with the diagonal channels on the outside of the wheel

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
If it doesn't have a direction it will say "outside" on the wall. Look for that. Can't tell by looking at those...well, I can't.

Suzuki Ignis
Top one is passenger side. The curved grooves should throw water out from under the wheel, whereas the bottom pic it would be pulling it in under the wheel. I think.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
some tyres are multidirectional...

normally theres an arrow pointing in the way of travel or "outside" printed on the outside wall. if these arent present then id say they were bi-dierctional tyres

182cup & 172 racecar
If it doesn't say OUTSIDE,then surely it doesn't matter,but I would say the bottom one on the o/s.

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
it does say "outside" on one side of each tyre, but this is what's confusing me. the pic below is how they would be fitted to the car. it says 'outside' on the outside of each tyre as they sit in the pic, but wouldn't that mean the grip on the passenger side would running the opposite way to the drivers side? does this matter? Is there such thing as left side and right side tyres? they are Kuhmo Ectsas by the way

DSC00093.jpg

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
Ok cheers for your help, at least it saved me from going back to complain and looking like a bell-end (i just sound like one on here instead).

thread can be locked now or deleted.

still looks wrong though:rolleyes:

|Something is wrong there. one side is pushing water out, the other in. plus they are throwing water into the arches.

Get it changed now in my opinion.

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
AAAAAAAAAaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh

to me it looks like i have four driver side tyres, can tyres be side specific?

That's fine then, I had a set of those fitted to my 1.2 and they looked like that. Stop worrying.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
tyres are side specific, thats why you have "outside" or and arrow on ONE side of the tyre.

if you have the word "outside" writen on the outside o9f your wheels then they are right.

if you swapped 2 of your tyres over now youd have those twin lines running along the tyre on the outside of 1 pair of wheels and the inside of the other 2.

ignore those diagonal lines most water is dispensed "out the back" of the tyre anyway so leave them be!