ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twingo RS Tyres

Megane 230 R26
Morning all,

What sort of tyres are people running on their Twingo other than the standard ones? I've pretty much had enough of the combination of the original tyres and my mrs, and my wallet isn't too happy about it either!

The original Contisport tyres have a tread narrower than the wheel and have an appearance of being stretched onto the wheel, with quite a pronounced rim protector that does nothing to protect the rim. What it does instead is when she does brush a kerb, the wheel gains a kerb mark anyhow but the big rim protector snags and a chunk tears out, this time the tear disappears into the bead behind the rim! This will be the second new tyre in three months and she's only had the car since November :mad:

I'm pondering replacing all the tyres with a more conventional design but wondered what people might recommend, don't want to degrade the handling or next thing will be she tears a chunk out of the car itself instead of a tyre :S

Cheers ;)

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Its only the width of them. I think the standard ones on mine were 195's. I got some 205's and the stretch wasn't there and it handled much better.

Stick with the conti sports though, they are great tyres for that car.

Megane 230 R26
Yeah exactly that's the problem, I was thinking 205's would be a good idea... cheers for the advice Craigus :D

Am I correct in thinking 205/35 for the same rolling radius as 195/40?

Update: actually ignore me 205/40 is the closest to 195/40 :)

Last edited:

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
How about pe2s? 205 profile with rim protectors & they last pretty well.

Megane 230 R26
The PE2 is possible I had those on my Trophy, not sure how readily available they are in a 40/17 though, the Clio took 45/16...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Those hankooks are a cracking buy. I'm guessing you can't get conti's in that size.

Black Clio GT
195/40 is a pretty rare size tbh, best going for a 205/40 as there is much better choice and its a much more popular fitment so should be a fair chunk cheaper.......

if you fed up of front lasting less than 8k then i would get a harder compound like a pe2 or somthing similar.....

toyo t1r/hankook evos are about £75, pe2/prada about £100, eagle f1s about £90, contis £110

all with mytyres.co.uk

Last edited: