ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Truckin’ miracle

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
that lorry driver wants doing fro having a bald tyre on his trailer...

I bet she was sat there just waiting for it to go over her.......

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
Czech truck with a Lithuanian driver wrote off my 1.2 Clio on the M25. Just pulled into the middle lane on an EMPTY motorway for no reason... though he did use his indicator... what a gent!

Must be said though, we were coming back from Calais with a boot full of Champagne etc and though the Clio resembled an egg timer we gota way with only 1 broken bottle! :D

RB One Eight Two
Where was the protector rail thing though?

He has a point..? Surely the trailers have the rails on both sides?

The driver had a lucky escape, I would have sh*t my pants and cried.

clio 172 phase 2
i expect the rail was on there before she drove into it. the side guards on lorries and trailers dont have to hold up much resistance. its basically got to be enough to stop pedestrians being dragged under. and cars in low impact collisions.

RS6 C7
Im pretty sure that it does hold up to alot, The lorrys that turn up at our factory get a right bashing on those rails with the forks lifts etc, The car wouldnt have a chance of breaking through one of those.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
i expect the rail was on there before she drove into it. the side guards on lorries and trailers dont have to hold up much resistance. its basically got to be enough to stop pedestrians being dragged under. and cars in low impact collisions.

I would of thought that rail would be able to withstand a hell of alot of force. Surly thats what there for!

clio 172 phase 2
I would of thought that rail would be able to withstand a hell of alot of force. Surly thats what there for!

if you look at the one on there. its hinged. the hinged ones are weak as s**t. if there welded or bolted on fixed stays and rails. there strong, but not the hinged ones.

BMW 535d
that looks a lot like mine did standard (minus the damage) very nice colour but she is so luck to walk away. Them trailers easily go over cars. Dad has done it before in his hgv. not his fault though.