ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

took my 172 cup on a runway

An orange one

wow..what amazing fun, living in cumbria theres an airfield at kirkbride so i went one night with a mate in his silver 172 cup and also a highly tuned 106 gti, for some reason the silver cup just couldnt keep with me which was odd...its done 24k against my 9k and i had my girlfriend in the car too.

oh to settle an argument whats the best revs to launch at? i was using about 4k but still alot of wheelspin..any less and it bogs down a bit..

Quote: Originally posted by ColinG on 12 May 2005

wow..what amazing fun, living in cumbria theres an airfield at kirkbride so i went one night with a mate in his silver 172 cup and also a highly tuned 106 gti, for some reason the silver cup just couldnt keep with me which was odd...its done 24k against my 9k and i had my girlfriend in the car too.

oh to settle an argument whats the best revs to launch at? i was using about 4k but still alot of wheelspin..any less and it bogs down a bit..

It could be just due a service.

Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 12 May 2005
the silver cup probably has air-con...not a proper cup:p

Dont let Jon hear u say that! ;o)

An orange one

clarkie..wheres the airfield day at? ive been asked to join my mate at elvington next saturday..is anyone going?!

Quote: Originally posted by robcup on 12 May 2005
Quote: Originally posted by ColinG on 12 May 2005wow..what amazing fun, living in cumbria theres an airfield at kirkbride so i went one night with a mate in his silver 172 cup and also a highly tuned 106 gti, for some reason the silver cup just couldnt keep with me which was odd...its done 24k against my 9k and i had my girlfriend in the car too. oh to settle an argument whats the best revs to launch at? i was using about 4k but still alot of wheelspin..any less and it bogs down a bit..[/QUOTE]

Why do you just keep quoting stuff in threads and not replying?

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Dansta on 12 May 2005
Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 12 May 2005the silver cup probably has air-con...not a proper cup:p

Dont let Jon hear u say that! ;o)

Jon has to run semi slicks and small wheels just to keep up with a lardy 182.
:p

clarkie..wheres the airfield day at? ive been asked to join my mate at elvington next saturday..is anyone going?!

There one there this weekend I think you sure yor not getting the dates mixed up?
Im probably be there on Saturday though if there are any spaces left.