ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toe Settings

E92 M3, BG 182
Hi All,
I've got a 182 which has Eibach Sportline springs and Ktec solid top mounts fitted and AD08R tyres.
I had the tracking done at a KwikFit on a hunter machine straight after fitting the springs/top mounts and tyres and it seemed to drive OK. I had the car serviced and checked over at Diamond Motors earlier this week and Mick spotted that the outer edge of the near side front tyre was wearing more than the offside and suggested it might be down to an incorrect toe settings.
I went straight to a different KwikFit and they adjusted the toe settings which seems to have cocked everything up. Apart from the steering wheel not being level when driving straight, the car now tramlines all over the road and generally feels sloppy and woolly through the steering.
I really want the car to drive naturally in a straight line when the steering wheel is centered and level, and not tram line all over the place.
What are the right steering geometry settings recommended to achieve this?

Cheers,
Dave.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
As said, have you got the before and after print out?

I have 10 mins toe out and -2 camber on the front but that may not be best for you.

172 Ph1
Here's my set-up

4cb7eebb0ea31e2abe4a08792aef46f7.jpg

E92 M3, BG 182
Heres my settings before and after the last KwikFit visit

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 136
  E92 M3, BG 182
The car drove straight with the original settings of minus 1 minute toe out - sounds like it might just be roundabouts like flebay said and nothing to worry about (i.e. should have left well alone)

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
This is what I set mine to the other day at work, The reason the toe is so far out to begin with is i undone the track rods on a different ramp,While doing the oil change to check they were not seized.
b6cf293afa15841d5244a2db9f4375b7.jpg