ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

Similar has happened to me on here too lol.

I think you're right on the mods front. I know I've not followed the same path lol but tinkering with engines is part of the fun for me. ITBs still to fit lol. Trumpets are hard to resist.

I did wash mine last weekend, first work on it since Oulton. It then rained on it just as I finished drying it :)

Trumpets....sold the JMS thing then? Once I get a garage at home then I'd probably do a lot more myself - labour is expensive.

Great news on getting the diff all sorted mate I can't wait to see what difference it makes to your times! Should be really interesting next season.

PMSL at sexy car etc

Be an interesting first track day this year for sure..... listened to that for 40 mins too..ffs....

thought you were going to go into a flying rage that day. Really s**tty thing to do

Yes, the day will go down in my CS history - once burnt and all that.

Thought it was something to do with yoofs.

Have you registered yet then? They have mp3 copies of all the earlier bakerlite tunes.....

You definitely pull on me on the straights, my car does still have glass windows and no chopping of interior metal work though.

I think mine made 183 on RS Tuning's rollers which suggests my engine was a bit tired. Although that wasn't the engine I raced with so who knows lol.

172 Race Car
Its like a really bad treasure hunt.

Shes on standby

550w_ds_icons_anneka_rice_2.jpg

Ok, with the numerous pm's etc I'll name and shame...It'll stir some sh1t that's for sure. I paid out just over 1K for parts (with out seeing them, pictures or otherwise) on his reputation alone a week before I picked them up, using Paypal, I offered Bank transfer too..... I (did) put him up there with the James's of this world - honest and reliable....

I bought 2 sets of Oz Ultraleggera's with 4 brand new Dunlop Direzza 205/50/15 from Iceman......

The rest you know - he did try to convince me (by TXT as he wouldn't pick up the phone) that they had only been "scrubbed in". Sorry, I only get outside shoulder wear like that after lots of hard driving.....and if the car's not set up properly.

It took the rest of the day, picked up at 10am, to sort out returning the wheels tyres and after returning I still had to txt to get a refund. In the end at 7pm I open a paypal dispute after which I got an "your dispute has been resolved, refunded and closed". Though it still took 8 days to actually see my money again.

Moral of this story .........sad to say there is only one James...(thank f*uk..lol) and treat every one with the contempt they deserve when buying stuff on here....

And before the fan boys get involved, yes I had sold the tyres on - for a fair wedge as they were new and I also had sold on a set of wheels for another fair wedge so whats wrong with that I ask.

Business is business and if I hadn't sold the tyres on I wouldn't have bought anything as I don't use Dunlops

Hahahahahaahah - 438's ......are way better, Mark will confirm....

Theres no doubting that the 438's are good, but the RS2 is equally as good once it's been mapped by someone that knows and cares about what theyre doing Pete. Mine was one of the first mapped by RSTuning so he spent ages to get the best he could out of it, though i've heard now he's not interested in mapping them properly anymore but still taking peoples money. The rumour is it was affecting his sales of ITB kits that himself and Matt at TDF did/used to sell.

Like Mark said, it also depends on how healthy the engine is as well as how its timed. Adjusting the timing makes a big difference to the power... Here's what mine made... Even Tony said it drove like their previous ITB'd engine when he had a go in it!

img003.jpg

Poor form from Iceman also...

Nick

Last edited:
Theres no doubting that the 438's are good, but the RS2 is equally as good once it's been mapped by someone that knows and cares about what theyre doing Pete. Mine was one of the first mapped by RSTuning so he spent ages to get the best he could out of it, though i've heard now he's not interested in mapping them properly anymore but still taking peoples money. The rumour is it was affecting his sales of ITB kits that himself and Matt at TDF did/used to sell.

Like Mark said, it also depends on how healthy the engine is as well as how its timed. Adjusting the timing makes a big difference to the power... Here's what mine made... Even Tony said it drove like their previous ITB'd engine when he had a go in it!

Poor form from Iceman also...

Nick

Hi Nick, was partly pulling Marks pud.....and also yours as you said you had listened to Burpspeed re mod's etc and money....and also stirring the well used RS2 debate (I'm not an angel you know....though can dress up for money).

Yes, pour form indeed, everyone has an off day............

Ok, with the numerous pm's etc I'll name and shame...It'll stir some sh1t that's for sure. I paid out just over 1K for parts (with out seeing them, pictures or otherwise) on his reputation alone a week before I picked them up, using Paypal, I offered Bank transfer too..... I (did) put him up there with the James's of this world - honest and reliable....

I bought 2 sets of Oz Ultraleggera's with 4 brand new Dunlop Direzza 205/50/15 from Iceman......

The rest you know - he did try to convince me (by TXT as he wouldn't pick up the phone) that they had only been "scrubbed in". Sorry, I only get outside shoulder wear like that after lots of hard driving.....and if the car's not set up properly.

It took the rest of the day, picked up at 10am, to sort out returning the wheels tyres and after returning I still had to txt to get a refund. In the end at 7pm I open a paypal dispute after which I got an "your dispute has been resolved, refunded and closed". Though it still took 8 days to actually see my money again.

Moral of this story .........sad to say there is only one James...(thank f*uk..lol) and treat every one with the contempt they deserve when buying stuff on here....

And before the fan boys get involved, yes I had sold the tyres on - for a fair wedge as they were new and I also had sold on a set of wheels for another fair wedge so whats wrong with that I ask.

Business is business and if I hadn't sold the tyres on I wouldn't have bought anything as I don't use Dunlops
Was not good mate :( Glad all got sorted but was such a waste of your time!

Glad to hear you are happy with our dealings mate very kind of you to say :D Pmsl at only wanting one James ;)

Just you wait until I swap my second extinguisher for nitrous (disguised as an extinguisher) :race:

Can't believe you of all people didn't check the tyres lol, glad you got it sorted.

Hi Nick, was partly pulling Marks pud.....and also yours as you said you had listened to Burpspeed re mod's etc and money....and also stirring the well used RS2 debate (I'm not an angel you know....though can dress up for money).

Yes, pour form indeed, everyone has an off day............

Was not good mate :( Glad all got sorted but was such a waste of your time!

Glad to hear you are happy with our dealings mate very kind of you to say :D Pmsl at only wanting one James ;)

I did nearly add that I haven't even seen the LSD, Martin may have just pressure washed the casing and given back...LOl..
JOKE!!!!
Just you wait until I swap my second extinguisher for nitrous (disguised as an extinguisher) :race:

Can't believe you of all people didn't check the tyres lol, glad you got it sorted.

Going to be a bit discriminatory now....had it been a chav with a blinged up 1.4 I wouldv'e, but you sort of trust people that seem wealthy and have had a good reputation on here....live and learn n all that....

Cup In bits
I did nearly add that I haven't even seen the LSD, Martin may have just pressure washed the casing and given back...LOl..
JOKE!!!!.

DAMN!!! You've sussed us out :eek:

Are you referring to my newly purchased g/box ?

:S

You have me worried now, although In marks defence, he has been good with me and everyone has an off day as has been said which is less than some that seem to have off years and keep overpricing and giving bad descriptions hmm hmm cough ITB's.

No, Morgan....your gearbox has all it's internals...I don't doubt this 1 moment of old ageism - he did look a bit craggy.

sorry been down pub since 12, on Christmas work team meal and have come back to work, to cycle the 10 miles home...Doh.....

having already being knocked of my bike once this week I don't fancry my chances.....

182cup & 172 racecar
No, Morgan....your gearbox has all it's internals...I don't doubt this 1 moment of old ageism - he did look a bit craggy.

sorry been down pub since 12, on Christmas work team meal and have come back to work, to cycle the 10 miles home...Doh.....

having already being knocked of my bike once this week I don't fancry my chances.....

LOL, you after race funds again?