ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time to plan the tuning of the clio!

LOL at don't listen to anyone here, just ask K-Tec instead, because nothing ever breaks on a K-tec tuned car, right?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
What he's saying in "relative" terms is.... male puma drivers like to wind their sunroof's back.. get along side a Polish wagon driver and openly play with their c0cks!

Haha, this made me laugh out loud.

In all serious there are some idiots on this forum. Its impossible to advise someone that is obviously pretty insane anyway.

mso

172 cup supercharged
lol, wanna see my bores

A lot of people seem to be running down Ktec for one reason or another just buy Redline mag next month to read up on there turbo conversion they done on a 182 then make your minds up what they are like.

I only know of 2 people who have had their 1*2s supercharged who still own theirs or arent trying to sell it. Yet theres been a hell of a lot more that have had this done!

As for Redline, have they had it on long term test to be able to give a real life opinion on the conversion? Also, and no offence to redline, but I doubt very much they have inspected the quality of the conversion!

mso

172 cup supercharged
I only know of 2 people who have had their 1*2s supercharged who still own theirs or arent trying to sell it. Yet theres been a hell of a lot more that have had this done!

As for Redline, have they had it on long term test to be able to give a real life opinion on the conversion? Also, and no offence to redline, but I doubt very much they have inspected the quality of the conversion!
Did you and Ktec have a falling out !!!!!

Black Clio 200
For a cliosport forum there are an awful lot of tw@ts on here when you mention tuning a clio...

I've recently bought myself a 200, and I'm looking at different ways to tune it as well mate, been looking at the KTec website and I'm thinking of their Filter + Remap & Milltek Exhaust first of all.. Seems like you can spend a lot on the 200 and get very little gains, but its fun!

Will be good to see any updates with this mate.

182 Turbo Project
For a cliosport forum there are an awful lot of tw@ts on here when you mention tuning a clio...

I've recently bought myself a 200, and I'm looking at different ways to tune it as well mate, been looking at the KTec website and I'm thinking of their Filter + Remap & Milltek Exhaust first of all.. Seems like you can spend a lot on the 200 and get very little gains, but its fun!

Will be good to see any updates with this mate.

First post?

320d

To be fair its a decent point. Tuning a Clio is not good value for money, yes most of the time people itb/turbo/sc their clio's then sell them months later. However if somebody knows this and still wants to do it then we may as well get behind them and give them advice.

clio 182
it seems to me that the people on here buy a clio.....turinis, lowered, silvervisions or stripped out track car........then proceed to tell everyone else not to do what they want to there cars as you have to be an epic, hero, lol, in the clique type of guy to get away with it

for an owners club i really have never seen so much negative attitude towards other people doing things to there clio's!

BMW Z4
Since when has good value for money had anything remotely to do with passion? A lot of you sound like my dad (god rest his soul) and by the sound of you are rapidly becoming what you fear yourselves. Your DAD LOL

Pipe and slippers anyone?

The OP has a passion for doing something. It might not be the right thing to do and it might cost him a lot of money, car ownership cost's a lot of money. It's not an investment vehicle it's a money pit. Perhaps some of you should tade in your Clio's for a nice Prius and be done with it ehh, throw a baby in too and a nice recaro baby seat and be done. My Aston cost me 98 grand and it's now worth hmmm 50k at a push. Now that's passion eh! And do you know I dont give a f??k because I LOVE it and it makes me SMILE and it makes people SMILE when they see it and that's what being a petrol head is all about isn't it?

To the OP. Go for it. It's your car enjoy it. Be prepared for a lot of costs and a lot of possible failures and from that you will learn some valuable lessons.

Dread to think what you're all gonna say when I start my Clio project next week with a budget of 20 grand for a race car ROFL

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Funny that i should find this thread .... Failsport are currently looking to build a turbo'd, supercharged and throttle bodied Clio 200!! In the style of a Golf 1.4TFSI thingy, but in a clio & with cornering ability.

Obviously we'll be fitting turini's, silvervision & ktec coilovers as well, to harness the power.

Feel free to pm me about the build process, we've drawn things in CAD & everything.

Should have about 450bhp if you run forged internals, with 35psi of boost.

Will blow any Focus RS into the weeds, especially Munsons, he only has 350% boost iirc.

Mk5 golf gti
icemanuk is spot on

why does every thread have to come down to "its not logical it will cost a fortune go buy another car"
its honestly laughable as ive never met such sensible people before

if you want a turbo on your 200 then so be it, people should offer help on how to carry it out rather than judge his decision

got pics of your 200 ?? :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Funny that i should find this thread .... Failsport are currently looking to build a turbo'd, supercharged and throttle bodied Clio 200!! In the style of a Golf 1.4TFSI thingy, but in a clio & with cornering ability.

Obviously we'll be fitting turini's, silvervision & ktec coilovers as well, to harness the power.

Feel free to pm me about the build process, we've drawn things in CAD & everything.

Should have about 450bhp if you run forged internals, with 35psi of boost.

Will blow any Focus RS into the weeds, especially Munsons, he only has 350% boost iirc.

Lol. Idiots. I've already done that. Started in the morning last week, took me approx 47mins. 30 of which was a tea break.

1st time I took it out, the torques span the earth, moving clouds from the arctic to Birmingham. Snow, everywhere.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
icemanuk is spot on

why does every thread have to come down to "its not logical it will cost a fortune go buy another car"
its honestly laughable as ive never met such sensible people before

if you want a turbo on your 200 then so be it, people should offer help on how to carry it out rather than judge his decision

got pics of your 200 ?? :)

Given the reliability of conversions of this nature on the 1*2's, it's a foolish pursuit. But why let facts get in the way of a good discussion.

Carry on.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What he's saying in "relative" terms is.... male puma drivers like to wind their sunroof's back.. get along side a Polish wagon driver and openly play with their c0cks!
They don't have sunroofs.

Also after all the people calling the sensible people t***s irony came to mind. We are trying to help. It's not in your finacial intrests to mod a clio for power.

But you know what since we're all t***s, Ktec are the shiz, get their Supercharger or something then blow all those mad FRS' away.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Lol. Idiots. I've already done that. Started in the morning last week, took me approx 47mins. 30 of which was a tea break.

1st time I took it out, the torques span the earth, moving clouds from the arctic to Birmingham. Snow, everywhere.

FFS :(

We'll have to go ahead with our other project then, installing the 3.0 from my BMW into the Clio Trophy's boot, then adding RWD & a silly bodykit. Might handle like a boat, but it would look cool, from a distance anyway.

You think it would catch on?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Lol at Clio owners having a dig at the puma. Clio's are designed for housewives to use as shopping cars. Not exactly the kind of thing that you'd call manly.

Drive one fags, even the non racing versions are a hoot.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
FFS :(

We'll have to go ahead with our other project then, installing the 3.0 from my BMW into the Clio Trophy's boot, then adding RWD & a silly bodykit. Might handle like a boat, but it would look cool, from a distance anyway.

You think it would catch on?

That engines far too good/smooth. You'd ideally need a more basic big lump, something that gives poor mpg. Please make sure the bodykit has a ride over the rear 3/4. Aids aero stability. Like an f duct, or something.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
That engines far too good/smooth. You'd ideally need a more basic big lump, something that gives poor mpg. Please make sure the bodykit has a ride over the rear 3/4. Aids aero stability. Like an f duct, or something.

We tried using a Renault 3.0 before though on Tom@JMS's black 182 - it caught fire after Budgie went for 400% boost :dapprove:

burnout60lt2bg.jpg

Hence the potential use of the BMW engine for added strength when we fit the Abarth coilovers.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
A 500 Abarth set that alight with flames from the awesome exhaust system.

Mk5 golf gti
They don't have sunroofs.

Also after all the people calling the sensible people t***s irony came to mind. We are trying to help. It's not in your finacial intrests to mod a clio for power.

But you know what since we're all t***s, Ktec are the shiz, get their Supercharger or something then blow all those mad FRS' away.

he didnt ask for financial advice

he obviously knows it isnt going to gain him anything financially

who mods any car for that reason? its just a stupid statement to make

i personally agree with you, i wouldnt turbo one etc but thats not up to me

if you want some advice i'd get throttle bodies and book lots of track days :D

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Okay he won't get bang for his buck.

Is that more in tune with your simple mind?

120d M Sport
Some unnecessarily patronising/condescening remarks from people in here.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink is worth remembering!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Simple minds were a fantastic band. Over 40million album sales. I've been a big fan since the release of their 1980 album, empires and dance. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual.

Fiesta ST2
check clio197.net you'll get an actual answer worth reading on there. I think there is a company currently producing a SC kit for the 200 so maybe worth waiting a while.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Simple minds were a fantastic band. Over 40million album sales. I've been a big fan since the release of their 1980 album, empires and dance. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual.
I wasn't a fan.

I see you're point though, brown sugar.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
The conversion will cost thousands, take ages, best case not break for a year, put your insurance up, may make it less fun to drive, run poorly during the cold weather and ruin your fuel economy.

I think if you have alot of money to spend, you should wait till the summer and spend some money on track days and see where the car is lacking. Endless posts on here about how poorly they respond to mods, even decats. I fear all you'll do is waste your money and make the car undriveable. If you want a much quicker car I would really consider buying something else as the 200 is not a cheap car. It probably cost you at least 14k ish.

People are being rude, but the messages they are sending are correct.

BMW Z4
Ok I'm gonna take this thread in another direction. A few years ago I ran my own kart team in the UK endurance championships, my mates drove for me and my bro ran the pit. I also drove. It was GREAT fun and VERY tiring and we did very well at it. I then moved to Dubai for a bit and we stopped. My mates then got some track day cars. A couple of Clio's a Bimmer 320 a 306xsi with a Gti engine in it and an MR2. I was badgered to get one to track and join in. Thing is I did'nt want to just track I wanted to endurance or at least GT with two drivers as it's a great thing for mates to do together so I researched and decided I would do Britcar and as a first race would enter the 24 hour. I was about to strip out my AMV8 and turn it into a GT4 when I came under much pressure to join my two best mates and also get a Clio and enter that into class 4 for the 24 hour.

I have specced this out including spending about 7k on the engine and would end up with about 800kg with 250 bhp sequential gearbox with paddle shift etc etc. Build it myself and much fun would be had by all.

So would you not do that also then? Wrong car for Britcar class 4 where it's up against

Seat Cupra
Civic R
Bimmer 1 series
MG ZR 190
MR2

that type of thing

Interested to hear your thoughts before I buy the doner next week :)

clio 182
^^^ if you have the money then do it! this is what its all about, building something and enjoying it!

i no people who have spent literally thousands on hillclimb cars just to break records, they finacially win bugger all but they get satisfaction of winning in something they created!

build thread will be needed of said clio when it starts!

Mk5 golf gti

what did i say to earn that comment

simple mind?? i understood what you said you didnt need to put it into simpler terms

no one cares about the benefits of it financially?? comprende?

As to iceman get the Mr2 ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Iceman, seeing as you don't have the car already, I'd probably research which is the best for britcar and get that one. Certainly you're more limited in terms of updated parts etc with a Clio as opposed to a civic etc.