ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time to plan the tuning of the clio!

Renaultsport clio 200 cup
Hey guys just thought i would post up to see what everyone would say about tuning my 200!currently atm i am considering too options of either supercharging or turbo and trying to figure out which would be the best option. i no jam sport supercharged one but havent head anything else about it. whats all your opinions?prob take it to ktec to get all the work done if there able to do it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You bought the wrong car by the sounds of it.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Surely the insurance of a Turbo/SC modded Clio will be more than a car that left the factory built to be aspirated? :S

My personal opinion is to only buy a car that was intended to be Turbo/SC from the factory, unless you want to throw money at the car, then engine and drivetrain reliability, traction etc are always potential issues.

It will also be a depreciation nightmare and more difficult to sell.

Renaultsport clio 200 cup
as said above i didnt buy the wrong car and by the time the car is finished the insurance will be cheaper, so not getting many answers i was looking.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The supercharger will drown out the sound from the 6x9's though.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
There's so much fail in here, I'm out. I'll get in trouble if I give my honest opinion.

Look at it logically too..

a = cost of 200
b = cost of turbo/supercharger
c = cost of insurance

x = cost of 250
y = cost of insurance

a+b+c = way more than x+y

Buying a 200 is fine. That's what you prefer. That's your decision. People like to modify things, that's where there is loads of Supras that are faster than a Ferrari, because they wanted to modify something and not just buy it from the box.

But doing it because the insurance is too high on a Megane is something Dizze Rascal would sing about.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Very well put.

Saving to buy coilovers comes to mind.

Listerine & Poledo
A blown 200 may be more interesting than an RS meggy, but it certainly isn't a financial winner, more a large flaming bin that you can pour your earnings into.

or, as suggested, sell the car, by the supercharger, then finance a completely different car to save up for the car you were going to charge.

Yes, that makes......sense?

mso

172 cup supercharged
Hey guys just thought i would post up to see what everyone would say about tuning my 200!currently atm i am considering too options of either supercharging or turbo and trying to figure out which would be the best option. i no jam sport supercharged one but havent head anything else about it. whats all your opinions?prob take it to ktec to get all the work done if there able to do it.

Just talk to Ktec about getting it done and listen to the experts not people on here who don't know what they are talking about that might change your mind on not getting it done.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Apart from home made conversions, is there a company built Supercharged/Turbo'd clio on here thats been reliable?

No, thought not.

260% JCW

If you've got money to burn, KTech will no doubt take your money off you and provide a conversion.

I would be very careful about who you chose to do this type of work to your car. I would recommend speaking to has MANY owners as possible who have had similar works done by any tuners you are considering.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Buy a c20let with the money youd spend on the conversion
Keep a nice new car ( the 200) untouched
Dont lose more in depreciation than nesasary
Have a balistic fun car also
Job done

mso

172 cup supercharged
Lol so dont speak to Ktec, all there good for is a mail ordering service. :eek:

Not even going to talk about the clown that created this thread...

As I said don't listen to the idiots on here, or they are experts in is a McDonald menu !!!!!!!

inferno 182cup

ur doin the rite thing tuning the clio, people might say money waiste, but u cant put a price on a smile that u get from dusting down Focus RS boi's an the common tuned CTR's an other common stuff. reg quote (RS F 0F) 2010 RS unlucky

I'm not quite sure what that comment even means in relative terms but okay.

What he's saying in "relative" terms is.... male puma drivers like to wind their sunroof's back.. get along side a Polish wagon driver and openly play with their c0cks!

200 with booost
I think you should go ahead and tune it, I have similar plans, yes its expensive to go down the super charger route because you have to upgraded virtually everything in the engine, but the smile on your face wil be well worth it. Everyone on here has an opinion thats right to them but its what is right to you that matters, whatever you do dont get a bloody puma though ;)

Anyone thought about putting a different lump in the 200, thinking 2ltr turbo from VAG, highly tuneable, can easily get over 300BHP without to much cost. havnt a clue if it will fit but no doubt 50 people will tell me to buy a polo instead..

Baines, have you used any of the tuning companies on offer in order to recommend a companies quality of work for such a conversion??

Amazes me how many people recommend companies they have no experience of either personally or having inspected the work close up.

182 Turbo Project
Baines, have you used any of the tuning companies on offer in order to recommend a companies quality of work for such a conversion??

Amazes me how many people recommend companies they have no experience of either personally or having inspected the work close up.

Flol, it was a joke.....

Never mind mate, we can go through the Alphabet next week :)