ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tie Rods

Titanium 182
Saw a site mentioned on another thread called micksgarage.co.uk seems good what brand should i be going for ? QH,FAI?

Renault Clio 172 cup
Micks garage are ok ( might be where I got mine I think ), based in Dublin I believe. The one's I used were Firstline in combination with track rod ends made by OCAP, and everything went together ok, been on about 6 months, 3-4 thousand miles and 5 trackdays. Bought the special tool off e bay to fit them, about 30 quid ( there are more expensive ones out there but the e bay one did the job and its not like you're doing it monthly) , you need one that will grip the 32mm on the end of the rod.

Titanium 182
Thanks for all your help so far FLOBALOB you couldn't link me to the first line one on the site could you as i cant seem to find them ?

Renault Clio 172 cup
Cant see the Firstline stuff on their site either. They dont seem to give very indepth description of their parts either (i.e length of rod ,as this is the main bit you need to be wary of when ordering tie rods ). My cars a Cup and they come in at 330 mm but I,m pretty sure non cups are shorter. If you put your reg into their search engine it should chuck out the correct ones.
Also there are a lot of other threads re this subject on here, you may want to have a little look around for some more info.
To be honest I would just ring up someone like Renault Wolverhampton ( they are in the traders section on here ) and they will probably tell you all you need off the top of their head.

Titanium 182
I have come across this one on the firstline catalogue FTR 5031 which is 309mm length but does not say if it will it the rack. cant believe how hard it is to find an inner rod!!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
First line sell the ones you need, they are approx 330mm in length.

Anything shorter will not fit.