ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not feeling overly enamoured with the Xbone the closer the release gets and the more details are released.

Am I just being a c**t? Would I be an idiot to get a ps4 instead? Realise fan boys may be along. Maybe just buyers remorse.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Looks good, but I can't help but think it won't be that fast (switching between games/TV etc)

Game have sent me an e-mail now saying they will be taking payment.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Ditto

Some reason It's showing as 2 consoles ordered. Ordered 1 can that's in the original confirmation, checking online now it shows 2 consoles and both with cod and FIFA.

I'll let it slide, buy both and knock the spare one out for a bit more than retail on release day

I'm not feeling overly enamoured with the Xbone the closer the release gets and the more details are released.

Am I just being a c**t? Would I be an idiot to get a ps4 instead? Realise fan boys may be along. Maybe just buyers remorse.

One word... Titanfall

No PS4 release and frankly looks like one hell of a game!

Guess its not on PS4 as owners would expect 1080p and the PS4 frame rate would be an issue ;-)

I'm thinking about waiting for a steam box anyway - see how they fair.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

I don't think you'd go wrong with either console mate - assuming you are 'into' console gaming. They are both decent systems in my opinion.

Looks good, but I can't help but think it won't be that fast (switching between games/TV etc)
Limited experience would suggest it is as quick as it looks in the video; although it wasn't hooked up to US tv channels, Skype and so forth. But I do believe it's representative of the system.

none :(
In order to switch back n forth from tv to gaming, will I just need to run my TiVo box through the Xbox instead of my tv or am I completely off the ball here.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Yep an exclusive in glorious 720p... should of just called the machine Xbox 720 then at least most owners will know what to expect:rasp:

http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/11/05/titanfall-xbox-one-720p-bombshell-doubts-confirmed/

Game developers have already said it's not due to limiting hardware, but due to time constraints... It also upscales really well to 1080p. Most people won't even be able to tell the difference.
The ps4 is running at 1080p native but as you would have seen its suffering from major framerate issues...

They are both new systems, the games will get better and better. You can not judge EITHER on their launch titles, or any title in the next year or two even! Please do some actual reading / thinking before making yourself look so uneducated and sad.

Honda. Tesla Someday
In order to switch back n forth from tv to gaming, will I just need to run my TiVo box through the Xbox instead of my tv or am I completely off the ball here.

You are correct. The Xbox has HDMI in. Attach TiVo to that and away you go.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Well if the Xbox is that fast, as soon as it hands over to Tivo it won't be, Tivo sucks.

Polo + Micra
Well if the Xbox is that fast, as soon as it hands over to Tivo it won't be, Tivo sucks.

the update it's just has helped my tivo a fair bit tbh (finally added the option to delete groups) and channel switching is quicker

although i just use my phones tv guite to see whats on and turn over

none :(
Paid for my xbone today, also pre order NFS and and play n charge kit

My TiVo seems to have gone a lot slower, seems to take anywhere in between 30seconds to 1 minute to start playing a programme or even get into my recordings. Plus I have all my series links on new only, yet still seems to record the show multiple times.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Game developers have already said it's not due to limiting hardware, but due to time constraints... It also upscales really well to 1080p. Most people won't even be able to tell the difference.
The ps4 is running at 180p native but as you would have seen its suffering from major framerate issues...

They are both new systems, the games will get better and better. You can not judge EITHER on their launch titles, or any title in the next year or two even! Please do some actual reading / thinking before making yourself look so uneducated and sad.

LOL hit a nerve did I fanboy:quiet:

Time constraints .... more like memory constraints

http://www.redgamingtech.com/xbox-one-esram-720p-why-its-causing-a-resolution-bottleneck-analysis/

Upscaling, ah yes my PS3 does that to 1080p as well, doesn't mean I want to play it for the next 10 years!

As I said before it is over double the amount of pixels so you would have to be partially blind to not noticed or be a deluded fanboy....

Yes Ghost is having framerate issues but then so is the PC version last time I checked, and the xbox one urm well they have a embargo on the review until the 12th lol.... trying to hide
something ?

LOL at not judging the games for the next year or two, might as well forget about the xbox 720 for a year or two as well yeah ?

Done plenty of reading thanks and have come to the conclusion that the Xbox 720 is underpower and will be struggling to keep up in a few years times. more and more companies are reporting that games are in 720p as it seems the easier thing for them to do unfortunately. Titanfall being an exclusive I would of thought they would aim for a nice resolution but just not possible it seems.

Nippy white cup
Lol I suppose there are always going be argument be it cars, consoles, football teams etc but is it just me that couldn't care less what another machine does over my choice? I love my car and it does a lot of things very well but there are also other things that it doesn't but I love it none the less. I chose the xbox because it suits my needs overall. I mainly play fifa and forza with maybe battlefield currently so playing those with much better graphics and other improvements will be gone and if the ps4 has small (and it will be small) graphical advantages then fair play. I certainly couldn't be arsed arguing about differences which in reality mean f**k all

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
All the gaming/tech sites are saying that unless one has 2 TVs side by side with Xbox One version and Ps4 version you'll see much difference.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
LOL hit a nerve did I fanboy:quiet:

Time constraints .... more like memory constraints

http://www.redgamingtech.com/xbox-one-esram-720p-why-its-causing-a-resolution-bottleneck-analysis/

Upscaling, ah yes my PS3 does that to 1080p as well, doesn't mean I want to play it for the next 10 years!

As I said before it is over double the amount of pixels so you would have to be partially blind to not noticed or be a deluded fanboy....

Yes Ghost is having framerate issues but then so is the PC version last time I checked, and the xbox one urm well they have a embargo on the review until the 12th lol.... trying to hide
something ?

LOL at not judging the games for the next year or two, might as well forget about the xbox 720 for a year or two as well yeah ?

Done plenty of reading thanks and have come to the conclusion that the Xbox 720 is underpower and will be struggling to keep up in a few years times. more and more companies are reporting that games are in 720p as it seems the easier thing for them to do unfortunately. Titanfall being an exclusive I would of thought they would aim for a nice resolution but just not possible it seems.

Fanboy post if ever a definition was needed.

Goliath I
Why are people bidding over 100 quid on eBay for a pre-order receipt?

8y6equ9u.jpg

dk

911 GTS Cab
The people being asked by game to pay up front, was this on web preorders?

i preordered in store and haven't heard anything.