ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Southwest monthly big meet at Exeter - 2nd friday of the month - 8:30pm

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
There is road works marsh mills area. Just saw the signs as I was travelling down. So I don't know if its along the a38 or if would affect us. Just thought I'd mention it incase timings need to be altered.

I should be there ;)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
The Marsh Mills Flyover has been closed in the evenings most of the winter - I think we even hit those roadworks on the way to the last barn owl meet.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Probably then. I don't drive round that way so just noticed the signs.

You got your car sorted yet mate?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It has good days and bad days but I don't think the alternator's going to explode or anything and it provides plenty of charge so unless it gets worse I'm just going to keep running it for another month or two.

Put simply, if it survives the trip to birmingham on thursday it'll survive the trip to Exeter on Friday lol.

LY 172
Needs mapping.

Currently on the rs tuner pops and bangs. But not getting any bangs. So gona have a proper map done.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I really wouldnt advise the pops and bangs TBH.

Long term its only ever going to do you harm not good.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Just fit a large set of speakers to the underside, pops and bangs with out the damage to the exhaust :p cheaper on fuel aswell

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
But then your car would no longer be so 'special', and we wont know when your about come careering around a corner so we can all jump out the way

You should still come, I will not be driving fast, making the fuel last as long as possible at the moment, the car owes for after an expensive christmas!

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
No :( it hasn't been done in a while, not since I gave it a wipe down in December, but its still moderately clean. I was going to detail it over christmas, but I only managed to do my sisters car instead as there was moss growing on it.

I dont have my stuff with me, but, if you fancy doing a session on it, fine with me. Should have brought the new dancing shows it has for you to tidy up as well!

PB Clio 172
Dancing shows??

Sure I would like to show you what I can do with it. I don't use expensive things so it would be free.

Christmas is a busy time so will let u off lol

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Haha was meant to be shoes (wheels), but also shows (trackdays) and brakes which I need to get fitted.

There was a list of things I needed to get done but never managed :(

We can arrange something, try and get a day when it's not raining haha!

PB Clio 172
Yeah sure just drop it over and leave it with me for an hour or twoI need brakes aswell and a new mirror glass seeings someone clipped it with their car - tits

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Hopefully now the weather is starting to get a bit better we should start getting more people again.

Its next Friday dont forget folks :)

I'll probably bring the turbo along if anyone who hasnt already had one fancies a passenger ride in it. Wont be quite up to full boost by then but should still be pretty interesting :)

PB Clio 172
Yep hope it will be better weather too

Looking forward to seeing the turbo after its build. Last time I saw it it was a tad broken but hell it didn't feel like it lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah if anything it will be LESS power on the forged internals than it was on the standard internals, although I think by the time you guys went in it the rod was already bent so was probably down a bit on power by then, so it will probably seem about the same when you go in it next.

PB Clio 172
Either way that thing goes like stink

Didn't you put the boast way up when you took us out? I remember it dripping oil reminds me of my 5 turbo I think it used oil like petrol lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes mate as I knew it was the engines last event at silverstone I wound the boost up for Trax, and it was still up at the time I took you guys out in it last time, but the engine was properly on its last legs, the oil dripping out of it was what it was breathing where the rings were so shot.
Thankfully now thats all stopped although im sure there will be the odd drip here and there now the engine and box have been rebuilt as there is always the odd little one, lol

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
I hope my cars sorted for friday cos would be nice to have a run up the A38 with a few of you guys (fingers crossed) Where abouts do you plymouth lads meet before getting on the A38 (Marsh Mills???)

We meet at Morrisons on Outland Road about 7:25 - 7:30 then leave just after.

172 CUP
I hope my cars sorted for friday cos would be nice to have a run up the A38 with a few of you guys (fingers crossed) Where abouts do you plymouth lads meet before getting on the A38 (Marsh Mills???)

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Naa I copied I across from the other thread at about the same time. Time stamp is less than 60 seconds apart.
Trying to be helpful