ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
It's a disgusting price - although for anyone looking for a more expensive upgrade - you can get 7990's at £469 atm - they WILL be going up in price when the new AMD series is out by the way, over the £500 mark due to their pricing structure.

Paid £419 for my 680 in March like an idiot lol.

Evo 5 RS
- CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K 3.40GHz @ 4.50GHz Haswell CPU
- Motherboard:
Gigabyte Z87X-OC Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard
Motherboard - Cooler: Alpenfohn K2 Mount Doom CPU Cooler
- RAM: 16GB DDR3 2133MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Hard Drive: 120GB Samsung SSD 2tb Seagate barracuda
- Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 3072MB Graphics Card
- Sound: Realtek 7.1 HD Sound

3x 24" LCD monitors

Gigabyte force M9 mouse

Logitech solar keyboard

If you're planning on running Nvidia surround you might want to spec a second 780 GTX.

Bumder With A Buffer
Im in the middle of redoing the "Office/Games room" and started to look at PC desks. Going into the corner of the room so ideally need a corner one

First off found stuff like this

http://www.officefurnitureonline.co.uk/shop/sun-corner-workcentre.html

Then found Argos do some and I could make it bigger

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6213688.htm

plus

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6213750.htm

Then I found this

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/modding/2011/05/16/amazing-water-cooled-pc-in-a-desk/

Hmmmm that would be nice! Do I really need it = No, do I want to build one? Yes

is there a reason why most have small monitors and not use something big?

basically i'm on the lookout for a decent rig for 600 that i can just plug into my tv (40") and start playing but i've had a look through here and i think all of you have like 20" monitors, is this down to the graphics card not being able to run games on ultra on big tv screens?

oh and if anyone can recommend a computer and maybe a monitor for around 600ish that'll be great. looking to play games like bf4 on ultra

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
is there a reason why most have small monitors and not use something big?

basically i'm on the lookout for a decent rig for 600 that i can just plug into my tv (40") and start playing but i've had a look through here and i think all of you have like 20" monitors, is this down to the graphics card not being able to run games on ultra on big tv screens?

oh and if anyone can recommend a computer and maybe a monitor for around 600ish that'll be great. looking to play games like bf4 on ultra

Doesn't matter how big the screen is, they will all run the same if using 1080p. The higher the resolution, the higher the stress on the card. Unless you're Scone with 3 Titans of course :cool:

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
It finally arrived!

a2zc.jpg

mtuv.jpg

How it will look when finished:

j9jv.jpg

How it looks at the moment... (Leak testing!):

rdd0.jpg

Nahhh That'll be fine, just another 7970 would be enough.

Im getting a new MB, another 16GB ram for no reason at all then two GTX 770 4GB edition.

Used to run them in crossfire, suffered from microstutter in some games, lost performance in others, so sold it :(

Back when OcUK shop opened I went to the opening and got a 7970 for £200 (about a year ago), sold it for like £270 so it's np.

Evo 5 RS
Doesn't matter how big the screen is, they will all run the same if using 1080p. The higher the resolution, the higher the stress on the card. Unless you're Scone with 3 Titans of course :cool:

Actually I normally find 27" @ 1080p looks a lot worse than 24" and under. The lesser pixel density makes for worse image quality. 2560x for 27" really...

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
Actually I normally find 27" @ 1080p looks a lot worse than 24" and under. The lesser pixel density makes for worse image quality. 2560x for 27" really...

That wasn't the point I was making mate. He was asking why we don't all play on 42" TV's, he thought it would stress the GPU's more because it's a bigger screen which isn't the case. I was saying if it's 1080p it will all run the same, and by run I mean perform.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Also very nice Nickson!

Real nice Nickson!

Cheers guys!

Been ages in the making waiting for the motherboard. First WC loop too so pretty happy with how it came out.

Finished shot from a second ago:

l7wr.jpg

Although now it needs a new top rad, as being a complete and utter idiot earlier reattaching it to the case, I managed to pierce it with a screw, pouring red coolant everywhere. Lovely stuff.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Oh dear lol, looks good though. Mine had a full water-setup & case upgrade a few months ago, but it is in need of a tech upgrade but I think it's going to have to wait a while as I keep throwing money at the house / mortgage.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Nickson, what fans are they, AF or SP ones? I've got the AF ones and they're not quite as quiet as Corsair say they are!

I've an AF at the rear (left hand side) and 2 x SP 'Quiet Editions' on the top rad. The SP's are nigh on silent, they're brilliant. The AF is a 'Performance Edition' but is still pretty quiet, noticeably louder than the SP's mind.

I've got 4 Gentle typhoons in push/pull up top, 2 APs sucking in up front, 1 from the bottom and one more exhausting out back and it sounds like a jet engine only because of the APs! I was going to get some SPs but couldn't justify the cost when they do the same job. Mega pleased with the GTs though, brilliant fans for the price.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've got SPs on both of my radiators, both connected to fan controllers, so if I know I'm going to be playing games I can whack the fans right up and turn them right down the rest of the time.

I've got a fan controller too, such a lifesaver! Seems I have different fans to what I said, just had a look and I must have changed them out at some point and forgotten.
Just took these now.
2yhaza9y.jpg
zequmesy.jpg
a3esuvu8.jpg

I don't know why I put the anti kink coils on now, they look gash.

My bitcoin mining rig decided to turn itself earlier today, after a quick inspection before turning it back on I found the culprit:

nquwQUI.jpg

It certainly did a good job at killing itself - it's actually quite a common issue on the Gigabyte WF3's, which is really frustrating as i have 2 more of them.. for reference a friend of my has 35 of them, and over 30% have failed, in exactly the same place! I guess at least it's not common on the MSI Twin Frozr's, as I have one of those as well..

Sent my RMA request to dabs today for a refund, hoping I can send the other 2 back, otherwise I'll have to run those until the VRM's decide to take another dump.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Lols.

I'm fecked right off at the moment, computer's dead so that leaves me with a PS2. Oh dear.

(and a G25 shifter doesn't work with GT4 :dapprove:)

RX7 FD
I know people rave about the 7950 especially in this price bracket.

I am just waiting to hear the pricing for the 290 series before I order my new bits!