ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
You could use it as a weapon. I would like a mech keyboard, but I really like my X4 and don't have an immediate need to change

Evo 5 RS
hey, 98% scaling on all 3. Rapido!

Although it goes something like

1 isn't enough, 2 is perfect, 3 because the chipset lets me. lol.

Not a 320d
Well its the height of the keys I don't like and its SO LOUD.

The Logitech is great, raided the cupboards at work and found two, so have one for backup. Keys are lovely to the touch. Literally the best keyboard I have ever used.

Not a 320d
I like being able to push the keys down with some force. r****d typist and all.....

Seriously though even after using it for a while its really loud.

Think Its because I came from THIS THING so im used to the low keys, so on the K70 I always seem to hit the wrong keys and stuff.

Im not talking old skool 1988 IBM keyboard loud but not far off.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I had something delivered too.

euu6.jpg

:lolup: Nicely done.

I've got a deathadder mouse - love it, and a roccat isku keyboard - it's good but the illuminated keys are hard to read unless you are right over the top of them. Macro keys are really useful though

Looking forward to homeworking to re-build my PC.
Currently planned out to buy in a month or two peice by peice.

GTX 770 4GB x2
New Motherboard gigabyte GA-990fxa-UD3
Another 16GB RAM Corsair Vengance
and buy a HHD and an SSD for operating system and most played games :D

Anyone wanna put input on this? I will be running the same monitor as scone (sorry for copying but it looks stunning haha)

Evo 5 RS
I'm not using that monitor at the moment, it's all connected up to my 40" Sammy TV lol. It is a cracking monitor though, using it for work still.

That'll be a decent enough system mate. Although I wouldn't use AMD personally, if not only down to the fact it's been so long it'd be like starting from scratch again overclocking lol.

You sure your 3 titans can upstand that TV ;) haha

I never been a big fan of overclocking cos I can't see/ feel the differences honestly.
But im happy with my cpu atm its on par with my mates i7.

Then once thats all sorted I can start buying new peripherals lol

F82 M4
Wouldn't bother with SLi to be honest mate. Single card solution is always the best. Scone will agree, even if he is running 3 Titans himself! I'd get a 780 personally. :)

F82 M4
It's up to you mate. There's more benefits with single card solution, less power draw, more reliable etc. There's no denying a 770 SLi will be faster than a 780. Hell, it probably even outperforms a Titan.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Well, my new Sidewinder's settled in nicely. Love it.

Photo%2016-09-2013%2019%2008%2008.jpg

Now I've just gotta decide what to macro, and also come up with a way of properly mounting the joystick/handbrake forward of the gear lever.

Bland Question but im looking at a mousemat atm as I've got a shiny new desk and don't want to ruin it.
So Is there an actual difference between them apart from material?

I've never used a mat before so its an honest question lol

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Left hand mousey? Surely not.

Yeah, I use the mouse on the left. Partly because I'm left handed anyway, and partly because it's next to the shifter which makes it a lot easier to use. Otherwise I'd have to use my left hand to change gear and my right to work the mouse, and that don't leave a lot of hands left on the wheel.

F82 M4
Bland Question but im looking at a mousemat atm as I've got a shiny new desk and don't want to ruin it.
So Is there an actual difference between them apart from material?

I've never used a mat before so its an honest question lol

Massive differences mate. They all give very different glides so it's completely down to personal preference. I use a hard mouse mat (Steelseries 9HD) as opposed to a cloth one, I like the feedback better on hard mats as they have a slightly "rough" texture where I find cloth ones too smooth.

IMG_20130915_104935.jpg

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Not bothered with a mouse mat in years.

Currently planning re-doing my PC room. Utter dump currently (as in dumping ground - we aint hobo's lol).

Want a bigger monitor, couple of proper monitor speakers (Missions currently) and a nice new desk. New floor, lowered ceiling with LED's in it. Will be a proper gamers grotto.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I use a Razer Goliath.

In all fairness I've never used a solid one so can't comment on the differences but it works very nicely with my Deathadder, very smooth.

Not a 320d
Here was my battle station yesterday. I work at this f**king contraption for 9 hours because delay delivery for my desk

1800mm x 1200mm radial desk arrived this afternoon though, going to order two pedestals as well which are desk high and will extend by 400mm each end. Might put some pic up. Hardly impressive.

WP_000187_zps2d7c9e6e.jpg

MY10 R35 GTR
- CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K 3.40GHz @ 4.50GHz Haswell CPU
- Motherboard:
Gigabyte Z87X-OC Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard
Motherboard - Cooler: Alpenfohn K2 Mount Doom CPU Cooler
- RAM: 16GB DDR3 2133MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Hard Drive: 120GB Samsung SSD 2tb Seagate barracuda
- Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 3072MB Graphics Card
- Sound: Realtek 7.1 HD Sound

3x 24" LCD monitors

Gigabyte force M9 mouse

Logitech solar keyboard

MY10 R35 GTR
TBH couldn't decide which card to go for.

Got a set of razer 7.1 headphones so just figure that the onboard sound would do for now