ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Evo 5 RS
Wednesday apparently. I even checked with them and they said yeh not a problem it'll go today. Then I checked something else and he came back and said there had been a mistake and they weren't allowed to ship them lol. Gutted.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
3x GTX Titans lol

I wanted to stop playing games after a two year long affair with Eve Online so sold the decent CPU and GPU but now I'm missing the smoothness of PC vs Xbox. I might treat myself to a nice unit at Xmas.

Also that 29" Dell is lush!! I can imagine why that aspect ratio makes gaming better, do you just get black lines at the left and right if you watch a 16:9 video on it?

Do ittt! Console has nothing on a decent PC, keyboard + mouse is so smoother imo.
If you watch a film on VLC player then you can change the aspect ratio so I assume thats what he does lol

Can't wait to start homeworking, I need money for the PC!! haha

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Serious question in my first post in this thread.

to make an Epic gaming PC how much does it cost? quite happily to build myself etc but I'm debating not buying the new Xbox as i think i'm bored of consoles now, lagging and breaking all the F'ing time.

Would just like a decent gaming PC with Epic graphics ( inc 3D ) and fast loading for games like Elderscrolls and Fallout etc.

Vague question I know but a ball park figure for a regular gamer who's pissed with Xbox and PS would be great.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Depends what your definition of epic is tbh mate.

It sounds like you're not upgrading from a current rig at all, so you will need to budget for mouse/keyboard/monitor/speakers/headset etc and don't forget desk and chair. Pointless dropping 2 month's wages on a monster PC and not being comfy when playing.

My opinion of epic with the above included would be in the 2-3 thousand region, but if you've read this thread you might notice some people's idea would be double that.

You can easily spend £1000 on a case, desk/chair, monitor, keyboard/mouse and speakers before you've bought any actual components. You'll get a machine perfectly capable of running the most modern games for some time for £1000. But it depends what your standards are. If you buy components that are upgradeable then at least you can start at the bottom.

Decent mobo/cpu to start with as a good combo here will last (£4-500). As far as GPU is concerned, I'd be happy to spend up to £300 on a card, if you decide you want more power you can always buy another one and SLI/Crossfire them at a later date.

Everything else is ancillary to an extent. I'd never own another desktop without an SSD personally, even if it's just your main drive for the OS and main apps. Memory is upgradeable, get a decent sound card and a good PSU with a bit of headroom available and you're away.

But all the parts above add up very quickly.

Just going from your suggested games, I play Skyrim on everything maxxed out with mods to make it looks nicer too and it runs very very well.

I got a AMD Phenom 1090T cpu, Radeon 6950 gpu and 16Gb ram (bit of an overkill but it was a bargain lol)

So tag that along with a average MB and psu, you could pick that up on gumtree realy cheap. I don't do 3D yet so pointless me saying something that will get shot down by someone who is down with 3D cards/monitors lol.

Edit: A 2 second search on gumtree and found this.
http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/g...gb-6950-2gb-windows-8-7-free-games/1028764568

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Depends what your definition of epic is tbh mate.

It sounds like you're not upgrading from a current rig at all, so you will need to budget for mouse/keyboard/monitor/speakers/headset etc and don't forget desk and chair. Pointless dropping 2 month's wages on a monster PC and not being comfy when playing.

My opinion of epic with the above included would be in the 2-3 thousand region, but if you've read this thread you might notice some people's idea would be double that.

You can easily spend £1000 on a case, desk/chair, monitor, keyboard/mouse and speakers before you've bought any actual components. You'll get a machine perfectly capable of running the most modern games for some time for £1000. But it depends what your standards are. If you buy components that are upgradeable then at least you can start at the bottom.

Decent mobo/cpu to start with as a good combo here will last (£4-500). As far as GPU is concerned, I'd be happy to spend up to £300 on a card, if you decide you want more power you can always buy another one and SLI/Crossfire them at a later date.

Everything else is ancillary to an extent. I'd never own another desktop without an SSD personally, even if it's just your main drive for the OS and main apps. Memory is upgradeable, get a decent sound card and a good PSU with a bit of headroom available and you're away.

But all the parts above add up very quickly.

Well I want it purely for Gaming, so would have my current set up which includes a 3D plasma or projector, stand and super comfy armchair recliner, all I'd want is something decent enough to not lag on BF4 and the next Bethesda games, the rest is irrelevant.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Everything I mentioned is for gaming.

I've never been able to get on with the idea of using a mouse and keyboard on a recliner?

My housemate uses his gaming rig that I built for him on his bed.... He literally lays flat and has a Goliath gaming mouse and Razer Deathadder on some 5 year old sprung mattress for support lol.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but a desk and chair is part of PC gaming imo!

Agreed, meh spec.

If you want to buy new, look at the Scan/OcUK prebuilt systems - or build your own.

If you can tell us a budget, then it's much easier to spec up.

Anyone go overboard with peripherals? Currently waiting on my Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake Edition keyboard to arrive - been a few weeks delay with the shipment but I really want it now!

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Not great imo, Dual core would be too slow and the gpu wont be able to run the games you want at all. Look for 2nd hand ones on ebay/gumtree mate

What is it I need to look for spec wise? tbh I'm not clued up on PC specs at all dude. in order to run BF4 seamlessly.

What is it I need to look for spec wise? tbh I'm not clued up on PC specs at all dude. in order to run BF4 seamlessly.

BF4 Seamlessly... They put up recommended specs up the other day.
Bf4SPECSvg.png

So thats an up to date moderate PC and will cost more than £400 which im assuming your budget is coming from the link you just posted.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Still waiting for EVGA to process my Step up to the x79 Dark... This is taking far too long!

Literally the last piece of my build. This x79 FTW deserves nothing more than the bin.

EDIT: I am #0 in the queue!! :cool:

Fiesta ST2 MP215
BF4 Seamlessly... They put up recommended specs up the other day.
Bf4SPECSvg.png

So thats an up to date moderate PC and will cost more than £400 which im assuming your budget is coming from the link you just posted.

Budget would be up to say £550 for the unit, game sites are blocked at work, just googled the spec thats needed so will have a look later tonight, I have found some Quad Cores on Ebay for under £400 new but they are quite vague on the Graphics cards that seller.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Game specs are always so vague. I can't imagine even trying to play it with 512MB VRAM
When I was a lad, I only had 512Kb to play with... on my trust Cirrus Logic card... You kids don't know you're born these days. LOL! But yeah, 512MB (or, indeed, that minimum spec) is not going to hold up very well at all...

Evo 5 RS
Yeah my PC history is pretty late on compared to that mate lol. Although my first machine was a P75 and some fancy software rendering. Upgraded to 12MB RAM to play Quake.

Then discovered that I could buy this nifty little thing called a Nvidia TNT 2 ;)

F82 M4
Anyone go overboard with peripherals?

Depends what you mean by overboard. I'm rocking -

2.1 Edifier S730 300w RMS speakers - £250 (should of been £350!)
Corsair K70 Mechanical keyboard - £120
Steelseries Sensei Mouse - £55
Steelseries 9HD mouse mat - £30
Steelseries Siberia V2 headphones - £65
Sennheiser 598 headphones - £160
2 x Sennheiser HH10 - £40

£720 on just the peripherals...

I need to get a life :cool:

Got something nice in the post today:

1275552_10153224055950557_1414436992_o.jpg

Pure keyboard p**n - Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake Edition - I have 993/999 :D

Depends what you mean by overboard. I'm rocking -

2.1 Edifier S730 300w RMS speakers - £250 (should of been £350!)
Corsair K70 Mechanical keyboard - £120
Steelseries Sensei Mouse - £55
Steelseries 9HD mouse mat - £30
Steelseries Siberia V2 headphones - £65
Sennheiser 598 headphones - £160
2 x Sennheiser HH10 - £40

£720 on just the peripherals...

I need to get a life :cool:

I run similar -

Sensei Mouse,
New keyboard as above
Asus Xonar Xense bundle (comes with Sennheiser PC360)
Steelseries glass mousemat
Gunnar Phantom glasses - these genuinely help eye strain when on the pc for long periods

FF 182
That keyboard is sweet, but the price is insane!

I need a new mech keyboard, currently using a £13 gigabyte keyboard.:S

I am s**t at peripherals lol
I got the first keyboard since I started building computers so its a an Aldi keyboard as thats what my mum bought me a few years ago hahah!

I got:
Coolermaster inferno mouse
Tritton AX 720 headset
and a single Tesco speaker
I'm happy I got a s**t keyboard anyway cos I get pissed off a lot when gaming so I just hit my keyboard/desk

FF 182
Have to say though, i just got a Zowie FK mouse and Zowie GT-F rough mat and they are feckin sweet. The mouse is so comfy to use i dont even realise im using it. Highly recommend the mouse for claw/fingertip grippers.

Just looked at that mouse Vinnie, not a fan of buttons on the right hand side of the mouse tbh.

This is my mouse, its awesome, loads of dpi settings, macro'd buttons with difference profiles too. Amazing mouse fp
Sneaky pic
image_125.jpg

FF 182
Just looked at that mouse Vinnie, not a fan of buttons on the right hand side of the mouse tbh.

You dont have to use them ;). Its a quality mouse, great sensor, low lift off distance, comfy and Huano switches, best mouse ive owned since my G9x, and ive tried alot since. No gimmicky led's or crap software, just plug and play purity.

You dont have to use them ;). Its a quality mouse, great sensor, low lift off distance, comfy and Huano switches, best mouse ive owned since my G9x, and ive tried alot since. No gimmicky led's or crap software, just plug and play purity.

Then its a wastee! I like using them all :p braided wire too makes it sexy ;) haha

Also Dear Mr.Scone... f**k you :( LOL

BMW M4; S1000 RR
First PC I remember using (admitedly was my Dad's) was a DX100 with like 8MB of memory, if that. I can't remember who made the CPU though. It played Lemmings 1 alright, along with Cannon Fodder.

Evo 5 RS
Well typically the day I decide to take the PC home and put it in the bedroom the Mrs has had British Gas round with the live meter reader. Every time I turn the f*cking thing on it spikes like a c*nt. She hasn't noticed yet though lol.

F82 M4
Ditched my Corsair K70 for a logitech K120

So much nicer.

Anyone after a cheap K70 PM me.

Nicer than your K70? I absolutely love my K70, it's one of the best peripherals I own. I'm confused, that Logitech one is just a standard £10 keyboard?

K70 is the best keyboard ever, I wish you'd stop being wrong all the time it's really annoying.

Not anymore ;)

Just noticed that your KB is 213.99 Addicted!

May actually be mental :p

Didn't actually pay that, preordered at £179 :)

But being Ltd Edition, OcUK seem to be taking the piss with their pricing!

Must admit, it is damn lovely - even if it didn't have the features it has - I wanted one that was robust & long lasting - being an Aluminium frame is just win.