ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters

dk

911 GTS Cab
How, DK? I barely use my laptop that amount of time on an admin day!
About 2-4 hrs during the day and then about 4-6 hrs in the evening.

Its pretty much permanently connected to my arm, both for work and home. Rarely use my iPhone for anything other than calls these days and a laptop for downloading.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
About 2-4 hrs during the day and then about 4-6 hrs in the evening.

Its pretty much permanently connected to my arm, both for work and home. Rarely use my iPhone for anything other than calls these days and a laptop for downloading.

Remember that time you did the thread about the HP thing being an ipad killer?

It's not related, just wanted to lol again.

dk

911 GTS Cab
lol, that was a good one, talk about getting excited about a new toy!!!!

And it was a simple thing like the autocorrect being s**t that led to its demise.

Although my apple autocorrect seems to go a bit funny every now and again recently, adding random words in that it thinks are needed when they aren't, even duplicating words, quite strange.

Just got an email from work stating that although the iPad mini retina was launched today on the apple website, there are severe constraints for anything apple with a screen at the moment until after the new year lol, so that would be all products then pretty much. They recommend switch iPad air customers to iPad 2 and iPad mini retina customers to iPad mini lol, right because nobody ever wants the latest version do they......

Macbook air and Pro are also both in constraint.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
lol, that was a good one, talk about getting excited about a new toy!!!!

And it was a simple thing like the autocorrect being s**t that led to its demise.

Although my apple autocorrect seems to go a bit funny every now and again recently, adding random words in that it thinks are needed when they aren't, even duplicating words, quite strange.

Just got an email from work stating that although the iPad mini retina was launched today on the apple website, there are severe constraints for anything apple with a screen at the moment until after the new year lol, so that would be all products then pretty much. They recommend switch iPad air customers to iPad 2 and iPad mini retina customers to iPad mini lol, right because nobody ever wants the latest version do they......

Macbook air and Pro are also both in constraint.

You should try keyboard shortcuts.. image? What image?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
I'd class myself as a power user, I use my iPad about 8 hrs plus a day, always keep a load of hd video on it and I've never hit my 64 gb limit, so yes, I can't understand how someone would need to have so much storage on a tablet like an iPad.

Ofcourse I could just transfer 64 more gb of tv onto it, but what's on there at the moment is around 40hrs worth, that's more than enough for a few long flights and train journeys away.

anyway, never mind, guess I'm just not baller enough.

I agree with this. Whenever I'm working away etc I store enough to watch, once watched I swap it over for new content. Can't see why you'd keep it on there once watched (Unless children are the users).

dk

911 GTS Cab
Am I not allowed to have the opinion that people shouldn't need that much storage on an iPad? I thought opinions couldn't be wrong?

DB.

BMW 440i
I'm still lolling at 'Power User'. I picture DK sitting there in a 118 118 outfit, sweating with a headband on using his iPad and doing star jumps.

I've got a 64GB and have used about 45GB, and I certainly don't have loads of movies/video on their, so I could see how people go above 64GB comfortably with a small selection of movies, e.g 15 movies, few tv series plus music and photos!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
DK, problems with autocorrect.. same here. I find putting 'things' in those <<< causes probalems? I now get random question marks put in etc (on iphone mind you).

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone know how much an exchange iPhone 5 costs in store?

I remember the 4/4s being £140 is the 5 the same?

Not a 320d
Bought one of these new ipod mini with retina displays.

£320 or something mental like that.

GF's Christmas present. Had a go at me last night because I told her I bought it despite she knew she was getting one anyway.

What can you use them for?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Picked up a 5S today, Too impatient to wait for a 32gb version so got another 16gb, Don't really listen to much music through it so should suffice.

You really notice the speakers :eek:.

Yeah the audio is much better, despite it being thinner.

You do feel vibrations sometimes, but I have a theory that Apple cunningly designed the chassis to deliver the 'low' frequency by reverberating. Effectively making it a speaker.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah the audio is much better, despite it being thinner.

You do feel vibrations sometimes, but I have a theory that Apple cunningly designed the chassis to deliver the 'low' frequency by reverberating. Effectively making it a speaker.

I had the same thought. Played with a retina mini today, too small. Still want one.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I thought the same. Sounds much better that my 2.

I'm considering buying the Mrs a retina mini for Christmas. I need to go and actually play with one though to see exactly how small they are, although I'm pretty certain it will be perfect for what she'll use it for.

AK

M240i
There's no doubting the Air is a superb device. Don't really notice the glass difference much, not sure what someone was moaning about. It's certainly not louder to type on, lol.

Bought one of these new ipod mini with retina displays.

£320 or something mental like that.

GF's Christmas present. Had a go at me last night because I told her I bought it despite she knew she was getting one anyway.

What can you use them for?

They're pretty solid, so might knock some sense into you?

There's no doubting the Air is a superb device. Don't really notice the glass difference much, not sure what someone was moaning about. It's certainly not louder to type on, lol.

It does feel a bit thinner and noisier to me, but it soon seems normal, and it certainly isn't noisy enough to wake the dead like some people are suggesting.

Ford Kuga Phev
Just picked up my Mini Retina from the Southampton West Quay store, screen is stunning! Need to cancel the one I ordered online now!

Evo 5 RS
1384431794776.gif

AK

M240i
Only issue I have is with the smart case. Only has 3 folds so makes it a bit flimsy when in either position.