ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters

Lou

Just ordered 128GB one from Tesco via Quidco with some money off vouchers!
Collect it on Monday!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Cracked and ordered a iPad Air.

It came today whilst I was out :( Its sat in a depot till Monday now!

How much do we think an excellent condition, Boxed iPad 2 16gb wifi is worth?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
In the esteemed opinion of Cs, is it worth buying new and getting an ipad air, or buying a second hand 4 with potentially more storage for the price... For use as a second ipad?

i want to go brand new 32gb because... Just because.

but could I get a 64gb 4 for £479ish now?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've always wondered why anyone would need so much space on a tablet?

As it's replaced my laptop as my main (don't know what to class it as)... I wanted more than 16gb, if I was baller enough for 64/128gb I'd go for it hands down. But I'm not so I had to get 32gb

in fairness it's taken me a year to come close to filling, and it's mostly pics which I've not got round to deleting

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Mine is used a lot for entertaining my daughter in the back of the car, so I want her to be able to have all her films / tv series available that's why I went with 128GB.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I have a 64gb and it's normally full with tv shows and films! but I can fit 20-30 hd shows on it, so it takes a lot, I can't see why 128gb is needed personally at the moment, the 64gb holds a hell of a lot, and I use it for long trips away and have never run out of stuff to watch.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Choice i guess.

I only have a 16gb ipad as i don't keep anything on it. It is really a device i use to surf the web. Unlike others who use them for storing programs for their kids etc

dk

911 GTS Cab
It would take a hell of a lot of apps to take up that amount of space though, kids apps are tiny too.

the only reason to need the larger ones is for a lot of photos and tv/film, but there's a limit to how much you would need on it as a tablet.

Id like to see if the people with the 128gb have actually used over 64gb

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
That is what the chap says he uses it for. Tv programs. Could easily fill that with kids tv tbh.

If the chap wants 128gb, who cares if he uses all of it or none of it? Seems happy with his decision.

Choice.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Choice i guess.

I only have a 16gb ipad as i don't keep anything on it. It is really a device i use to surf the web. Unlike others who use them for storing programs for their kids etc

This

There's no films or music on mine, the only photos are from my iPhone stream

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
With a few of my films and all of my daughter's films & TV it was approx 37GB free, I've now put all of my music on it also and it's approx 13GB free, but I don't really need the music on there (a nice to have).

As some have said it is really to allow her to be able to choose to watch anything she wants out of what she has.

I did originally order the 64GB but after realising her content was 67GB alone and when I looked at the price difference between 64GB and 128GB for doubling the space it hardly seemed worth the saving (I also ordered via the student portal which lowered the price by approx £19)

The other thing to bear in mind is I went from iPad 2 > iPad Air and I don't envisage upgrading again for atleast 2-3 years (unless things dramatically change) so you always need to leave room for more content.

Last edited:
Dk you crease me up. You can't really understand why anyone would need 128GB is the vibe I'm getting. Are you serious?

Perhaps someone who stores twice the content you do might be justified in buying it?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Tbh, I was thinking Apple are still being conservative @ 128GB. I understand the whole cloud thing but in reality that doesn't suit all situations. With everything said above I'm actually looking at getting her the new mini for Christmas (although we'll still use the Air in the car), a bit crazy though considering she's 4 :eek: but she uses the iPad most days and I'd rather spend the money on that than a load of cheap plastic toys she'll get bored of after a day.

Last edited:
TBH I'm not sure I'd be letting a 4 year old child dictate my technology purchases, but that's perhaps for another thread.

Times have changed. When I was that age I'd be happy with a piece of coal.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
It's hardly dictating, when you look at the price difference between 64GB and 128GB it seems insignificant for double capacity, especially if you intend on keeping it for a number of years.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Finally!

1462921_10152000108497558_658351448_n.jpg

So light, but I dont like the glass? Feels cheap?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Why has everyone primarily taken photos of the back of the device?

Keith, the glass?

The screen feels like its a cheap perspex to me. Its obviously really thin which is where the weight is saved, but it feels a bit cheap compared to my iPad 2 screen?

Its rapid though!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Dk you crease me up. You can't really understand why anyone would need 128GB is the vibe I'm getting. Are you serious?

Perhaps someone who stores twice the content you do might be justified in buying it?
I'd class myself as a power user, I use my iPad about 8 hrs plus a day, always keep a load of hd video on it and I've never hit my 64 gb limit, so yes, I can't understand how someone would need to have so much storage on a tablet like an iPad.

Ofcourse I could just transfer 64 more gb of tv onto it, but what's on there at the moment is around 40hrs worth, that's more than enough for a few long flights and train journeys away.

anyway, never mind, guess I'm just not baller enough.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
lol @ power user.

Why have such a hard on about this? The guy wants a load of capacity for both him and his daughter, so it makes sense he may need twice the capacity for both thrir content.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
As "Power user AMG DK" has been out balled, I'll get this back on topic.

Ordered one of these as a temp measure -> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141102055...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Have a £30 voucher for PC World but can't use it for another few week, however, for £6.95 (Sellers just put price up to £8.99) its not bad. The clear slim back case is excellent, smart cover is ok, not as good as the Apple one but for the price, does a job.

AK

M240i
I think that's the same one I order about a week and a bit ago. Still waiting on it being delivered, lol.