ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Lunar Grey Mk1 Hybrid Project

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Great read, look forward to seeing it bolted together again!

Oh, and red wheels ;)

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
yup same here! think red its gonna be!

shes all home now :D excuse shite pics was gettin dark lol

dd7fdbc3.jpg

50e76999.jpg

70c6b8f6.jpg

ecaf7f47.jpg

c4b31ea0.jpg

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Alright trouble :)

Pictures don't do it justice! It's such a nice colour IMO!
Gotta go back for a flat and polish but that's when it's back together!

Gonna try get her back together this week!

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Today's update:- not alot had a funeral to go to

But cracked on with few bits and bobs this evening

63306f66.jpg

f35f082b.jpg

f37b9750.jpg

f4e32343.jpg

1ae7ee54.jpg

f379baad.jpg

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Well got the lump in this evening, not without her issues though! Firstly opened the garage to find my drip tray was knocked over....meaning oil literally everywhere! Alas a trip to the co-op to buy done cat litter!

Anyway, managed to get the engine in with my father in law! Great help! Much easier with 2 people!

Used snowmans towel method......gotta be honest didn't think this would work.... But what I fool i was to doubt this! Genuinely worked!

There was a scratch but on a really really unlikely place!

1b16a4d8.jpg

f45857ad.jpg

c1bf6665.jpg

9dcf76f2.jpg

4f832f4e.jpg

d24f0b84.jpg

77d040da.jpg

bf7f0c04.jpg

86616010.jpg

d93abb16.jpg

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
As re-fitting an engine hassnt seemed to of sparked any interest, I've now picked up the rest of the body parts and shall be making her look more like a propper clio today! Will put pics up if ya like?

FULL FAT 182
You've got the weekend coming up so hopefully you might make more progress :), it's a shame that the temperature has dropped :(.

Good luck with the rest of the build and looking forward to the end result.

Could I suggest either oz superlegra 16" or speedline turinis in red (same colour as the Megane R26R)

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Investigated colour...r26r red is capsicum red :) 727 iirc

Well today will get the bumpers and things back on make it look like a car again lol

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Fantastic work as always mate! Love mk1 builds.

ValverInBits
Was just looking through the fresh paint photos thinking there's not a chance you'll get a F7 block back in there scrape free! They are so so tight, you've done well with the towels though. She looks well!

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
righto a few updates... she runs now...

first start
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHhGjaSqF2A

yesterday...albeit without lamda plugged in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMVxu7i0r7U&feature=related

Got the wilwoods fitted to but the spanner that installed my brake lines.. has done them up too tight so we are going to have to do that the hard way with new lines.

nhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMVxu7i0r7U&feature=relatedot really a huge update but ive just put a deposit down on a full MSA International spec custom cages roll cage.. just awaiting final details and cash to fit.

Then she will return to the bodyshop for final flatting and interior/cage and wheels painting.

Then all we will be waiting for is... seats.. im thinking something like either like these
http://www.jkcomposites.com/GT-page.html

o
r some Cobra Evolutions/Corbeau Revolutions and some perspex windows with sliders. from plastics 4 performance.

Then she will nearly be done i reckon? but im sure ill find more lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had the colour swatches out at the painters and was very very very close to getting mine painted that colour...

I didn't. I would always feel deep down that I copied you. :(

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Aww cheers dan.. proberly the same reason i didnt get mine painted either Racing blue or Liquid yellow.... 2 of my favorite colours ive seen on a mk1... was very tempted with Alien green also!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mines going black gold.

Please tell me you've not seen one!!

I wanted storm grey but my mates just done his that. :(

e91 330d/type r mini
very nice mate, didnt realise you had a build thread of yours on here :) you did well with just that tiny scratch when fitting the engine. i remember fitting the cae back in the mini ans scratched the hell out of the car and i was fuming and had to walk away and go back next day before i flipped out especially when one of the lads that worked at the garage shouted "wade that cage is meant to be inside the car" i wanted to kill him lol.
nice seats BTW ;)
keep up the good work.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
but thats not a valver.... ;)

besides, I thought you were selling/breaking it??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd rather lick a cows rectum than drive a yellow car. It screams homosexuality.

I think its going Gunmetal grey or silver inside, black gold outside.

The annoying thing is i've got to wait until my mates is finished until mine can go in there. So lots of time to keep changing my mind! lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Lets not ruin this guys thread.

I'll no doubt start a thread come nearer the time.