ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Fiesta ST-3
Two from me

6775423370_987425bfd0_b.jpg

St Davids Hotel by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

6775445338_884d13887f_b.jpg

Welsh Assembly by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

White APE
6924252979_693534eb02_b.jpg

First Trail by m'p'd, on Flickr

My first result after a quick play around in the back garden with my new D90. Would have like to have had more exposures but the clouds set in.

Also, i must say a big thank you to TheEvilGiraffe for all the guidance he gave me on this kind of shot.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
My first result after a quick play around in the back garden with my new D90. Would have like to have had more exposures but the clouds set in.

Also, i must say a big thank you to TheEvilGiraffe for all the guidance he gave me on this kind of shot.

:eek:

Not bad ! Stupid clouds.........

Keep practising ;)

HA

Try getting more things in the shot. I don't personally like trails only shots unless it's very clever (I'm a pedantic fusspot...).

What's the large violin in aid of !? :rasp:

Damn OSX auto correct lol!

Scott - definitely the colour.

What's the weird colours in the top left about though? I find that a little odd, it's also as if it goes to black and white in that top corner too. Weird.

White APE
HA

Try getting more things in the shot. I don't personally like trails only shots unless it's very clever (I'm a pedantic fusspot...).

What's the large violin in aid of !? :rasp:

Yes master. Lol.

Two more questions if you don't mind Dan. What was the focal length and any white balance settings?

White APE
Thanks Dan, appreciate the info. Still got a lot to learn! lol

Will have another bash at it tonight if the weather behaves.

Fiesta ST-3
The rocks in the bottom left are out of focus. The rocks dead ahead are. I've over done it on Luminance so I'm having another crack lol.

I'd really look into hyper focal distancing, if you're not doing it already that is. Really useful for landscape shots, and that shot above is a classic example where you could benefit from it.

Fiesta ST-3
Damn you boys are hard to please. Just had a read up on it Dan thanks. Those tables are very useful. I shot at F8 on my 10-20 as thats what I'd been told would get the sharpest results.

TBh F8 should get most stuff in focus especially at the wider end.

If I were shooting with rocks close (as I was yesterday) then I was using F 11-16 and simply focusing roughly 1/3rd into the scene. Its not as accurate a method as hyperfocal but works 99% of the time and is so, so simple! I was also messing with a 3 stop neutral grad yesterday and for bright sky/low light foregrounds it gives you an extra 3 stops of dynamic range.

The filter cost me £7 from ebay lol! I have just ordered a cokin p system as I was so impressed with the ebay special!

I like the Pony shot in colour but think a square crop and some work on the sky in pp would benefit it and the oof rocks could be cropped out a little, see my quick 'shops'

Attachments

• pony (1 of 1).jpg
    pony (1 of 1).jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 51
  • pony (1 of 1)-2.jpg
    pony (1 of 1)-2.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 41