ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Some good stuff here recently.
One from Burma last week:

8157031018_39da0fc27e_z.jpg

Good Evening, Burma. by v15ben, on Flickr

Italian 3.2 V6
An old picture re-edited
8164863951_493f1c42c4_z.jpg

Super 7 in it's prime by PSJHodgson, on Flickr

Got my tripod back so having a play last night. Thought it looked kinda cool..
8164902076_8ff9942120_z.png

Autumn Evening by PSJHodgson, on Flickr

Just been out tonight to try something new.. Never done night shots before..
8164903460_cd7b7a66ec_z.jpg

Carlisle Castle by PSJHodgson, on Flickr

8164904910_9904ebce4c_z.jpg

Carlisle Cathedral by PSJHodgson, on Flickr

Bit of noise after editing but i think it's mainly down to my camera :( I'm not sure.

I'm using the base canon 1000D with base lens.. Has anyone got any tips suggestions to improve the night shots? I had the ISO set to 100 with aperture to around 11-16, shutter speed around 30"

C&C Welcome.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
A larger aperture, or a longer exposure as they look too dark, you notice the noise/grain more in underexposed photo’s so that could be the source of your problem.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Been trying some "dancing paint". Not got the results I wanted but I'm happy enough with this one for my first attempt.

Need to make/buy a sound trigger and make some space in the garage to set up a little studio area. Also need to use a better speaker. Probably try to get a cheap sub instead of the small PC speaker that I used.

8169577499_5e9980aec4_z.png

Week 46 - Dancing paint experiment by A_Cro, on Flickr

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Went back to the dancing paint earlier to re work some of it as there was a fair bit of noise.

Cleaned up better I think (although it looks like there are some massive dark pixels on the right hand side of the black, not sure if thats my laptop or the fact that I've uploaded it over mobile tethering? Anyone else seeing this?)

8169577499_8d31237a52_z.png

Week 46 - Dancing paint experiment (Re worked) by A_Cro, on Flickr

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Just been out tonight to try something new.. Never done night shots before..

Bit of noise after editing but i think it's mainly down to my camera :( I'm not sure.

I'm using the base canon 1000D with base lens.. Has anyone got any tips suggestions to improve the night shots? I had the ISO set to 100 with aperture to around 11-16, shutter speed around 30"

C&C Welcome.

Use the 2-second timer.
Use a remote.
Shoot RAW.
White balance - cool it off (post-pro. is easier).
Those settings are OK but bump the ISO to 200 / 400 and see what happens.
If that gives you too much noise, try f/8.

They're a lot better than my first night shots, so well done anyway !

Once you've got that sorted, get a programable remote, repeat for 60 minutes on a clear night and see what happens when you bundle them into StarStax :D

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Sillywoman bought a new cat igloo. Cats love it. This one was completely KO'd in it in the reasonably dark hallway.

So I got my flashgun out of retirement, fudged about to make it work wirelessly (gotta love the 7D) and boom:

8171999773_2bd72aaed6_c.jpg

Sleepy cat igloo by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

Straight off the camera. Not a single tweak p/p.

:approve:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Not bad at all Brazo !!

Random question but why do all your photos appear to disappear off here after a while !? Do you delete them, or hotlink too fast before Flickr settles the link ?

Thanks guys, Evil giraffe I tend to tinker with images in lightroom long after they are posted and when it uploads the revised version the first one becomes defunct:eek:

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Doesn't really warrant a thread but some of my shots from The Britcar 24hr race in Japanese performance Mag this month. Sorry the picture size is massive, not sure why considering I took them on my iphone :S

britcar 1.jpg

britcar 2.jpg