ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
8064683470_2f9d5889e5_c.jpg

IMG_3564 by CJGREEN., on Flickr

2.2 bar shed.
Walk past where you took that photo every day from work. I love the view from southbank so much.

We were there for a fair few hours shooting at the weekend and felt like I hardly took any shots of the area. I really liked some of the stretch where the streets are older/wind around near the globe where nandos and the golden hind is but didn't actually take any shots there as my kit lens is too slow.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Took this today. Yet another wind farm shot but I like the lighting of this one.

8073307679_df58569387_z.png

Week 42 - Morning has broken. by A_Cro, on Flickr

Some cracking shots in here again. Love the London one's.
I'm off to London next week. Dont want to take the big tripod though, are the gorilla pods decent enough to hold a canon 550d & a Tamron wide angle?

I'd be up for a trip at some point although probably not for a bit due to cashflow being a bit tight.

Another of my decidedly poor shots. I really need more practice both shooting and at PP, might help if I had something better than iPhoto too lol.

8071758113_c642aa1941_b.jpg

I'll tell you what, as I sort of arranged the last meets...I'll let a local do this one.

Only thing I ask that it's not the w/c 22nd October as I'm in HK :)

Took this today. Yet another wind farm shot but I like the lighting of this one.

8073307679_df58569387_z.png

Week 42 - Morning has broken. by A_Cro, on Flickr

Some cracking shots in here again. Love the London one's.
I'm off to London next week. Dont want to take the big tripod though, are the gorilla pods decent enough to hold a canon 550d & a Tamron wide angle?

Yes *If* you allow it sufficient time to stabilise once you press the shutter button. Use a 10 sec timer or use a remote allowing plenty of time.

Oh also, "product" photography is really hard... One I took ages ago, been so lazy with the camera of late:

8075121395_7e403184d3_z.jpg

Cake1 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

Mmmm Nice cakes But.....

Remove the tray and shoot on that work surface. Look to the left of the frame I see a wire, look to the right half a tea cup! Move these first!

And try experimenting with your horizon line (where wall meets work surface) so that its in line with base of cakes. Also ensure cakes in 'line' and not 'skewed'.

I know nothing about product photography but those are some compositional tips. I'd even get in there with a with a macro/lower dof aperture and get some bokeh going on!

And the cost of this advice? The flake one in the middle ;)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yes *If* you allow it sufficient time to stabilise once you press the shutter button. Use a 10 sec timer or use a remote allowing plenty of time.

Cheers. I will be taking the remote with me and I'll put it on a 10sec timer just to be sure.
Would mirror lock up function help at all do you think?
Really should have invested in a big stopper too but cost too much at the moment so I'll try fully manual with my ND8 for some of them.

Mmmm Nice cakes But.....

Remove the tray and shoot on that work surface. Look to the left of the frame I see a wire, look to the right half a tea cup! Move these first!

And try experimenting with your horizon line (where wall meets work surface) so that its in line with base of cakes. Also ensure cakes in 'line' and not 'skewed'.

I know nothing about product photography but those are some compositional tips. I'd even get in there with a with a macro/lower dof aperture and get some bokeh going on!

And the cost of this advice? The flake one in the middle ;)

I know :eek: Managed to critique most of that myself although the wall stuff is insightful... I more shot that on a whim to showcase my exquisite baking skills as opposed to my mediocre photography skills lol!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Oh also, "product" photography is really hard... One I took ages ago, been so lazy with the camera of late:

8075121395_7e403184d3_z.jpg

Cake1 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

I’d shoot those near a window to get some natural light on them, putting them on a work surface of a table is fine because it looks like the place where cakes should be, like something out of a magazine on cooking or whatever, and I’d get a 50 F1.8 or suchlike to give a nice shallow DoF, shallow DoF always looks good on food shots.

I know this wasn’t meant to be a serious food photography shot but I just thought I’d give you some idea’s incase you wanted to show those awesome cakes off to their full potential! :)