ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The I just played (Retro)

Goliath I
I'm assuming many people on here boot up their N64s, Mega Drives or ZX81s now and again. So I thought I'd start a thread where people can leave their views on the latest Retro game they've played.

Whether it be Goldeneye or Jet Set Willy, has it lived up to the memory or is it something you blast out often?

Anyway, just had crack of Mario Kart (Snes). The first thing I realised is that the jump to Mario Kart 64 is huge! Yet the gameplay of the original is still highly playable if graphically dated.
Just listening to the soundtrack the memories come flooding back, what an awesome game it was, simple, yet incredible! Played it for a few hours, good laugh. One that hasn't died its death (IMO) :approve:

Sonic 2 next...

Last edited by a moderator:

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
not to the same level of retro as you but my son recently brought his old PS2 back from his grandads and started going through all his old games....

better get him Assassin's Creed 3 soon then......well dec 25th anyway....

Got the Sega Saturn out the loft a few months ago. Got some awesome little games for it.

Bubble bobble, crypt killer, street fighter. Loads more but I can't remember the names. Got a police shooting one as well with the massive blue f#ck off hand gun.

Goliath I
not to the same level of retro as you but my son recently brought his old PS2 back from his grandads and started going through all his old games....

better get him Assassin's Creed 3 soon then......well dec 25th anyway....

At what age can a console be classed as 'Retro'?

That geezer on the bottom was mental, he was lapping the computer before the end of the second lap!

Don't really fire up many classics these days apart from Mario 64 and Smash Tennis on the SNES. Still absolutely love Motocross Madness 2 on the PC though.

That geezer on the bottom was mental, he was lapping the computer before the end of the second lap!

Don't really fire up many classics these days apart from Mario 64 and Smash Tennis on the SNES. Still absolutely love Motocross Madness 2 on the PC though.

Motocross madness was a brilliant game might have to dig that out

An orange one
The duel : test drive 2 on mega drive, absolutely amazing game!

All of the old PGA golf games on megadrive, with the swing meter along the bottom rather than arcing round the player...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The duel : test drive 2 on mega drive, absolutely amazing game!

All of the old PGA golf games on megadrive, with the swing meter along the bottom rather than arcing round the player...

That game single-handedly triggered my obsession with the Porsche 959. I hardly ever picked the F40 on that!

D.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Game gear - wonder boy.

Best release title ever! Music still stuck in my head lol

Orrrrrr

Amstrad 464 - manic minor

RIP Dan
MKWii last week, went online and came 1st then 2nd - still got skills:p

I play MK64 and MKSnes now and again, Waverace too.

An orange one
That game single-handedly triggered my obsession with the Porsche 959. I hardly ever picked the F40 on that!

D.

i liked the Diablo lol, I was about 7!

Ha, best comment at the end of a run was always," a clean run, let's see your pilots licence "

might have to have another go, it's all up in the attic!