ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

Clio 182 FF
Fitted mine today and well pleased. Ash made me up a silicon pipe with alloy swaged inserts with 70mm external diameters for each end. It made fitting dead easy as both ends (engine and filter end) can be adjusted for length. This was about 16 quid. I also went with the smaller offset Ram Air filter at 24.99. Took about 20minutes to fit in all. Took about 5 minutes for the ECU to sort itself out but then ran great. Not as loud as I was expecting but once over about 4K revs sounds superb with the Milltek system.

Black FF 182
I bought an alloy pipe with swaged ends but doesn't seem to fit the air filter properly. Did anyone experience the same problem?

Clio 182 FF
external pipe diameter of 70mm with swaged ends is the correct fit chap. You may need to smear the filter neck with a dab of vaseline first if its dead tight though but it'll go in - assuming you've got the correct filter size. The jubilee then tightens up behind the swage.

Black FF 182
external pipe diameter of 70mm with swaged ends is the correct fit chap. You may need to smear the filter neck with a dab of vaseline first if its dead tight though but it'll go in - assuming you've got the correct filter size. The jubilee then tightens up behind the swage.
I've been trying to push it in so hard that the cage is starting to warp. After I tried some vaseline it seems to want to pop back out. Clearly I'm not doing something right. I'm expecting the swaged end to push past the the rib section in the filter.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I've been trying to push it in so hard that the cage is starting to warp. After I tried some vaseline it seems to want to pop back out. Clearly I'm not doing something right. I'm expecting the swaged end to push past the the rib section in the filter.
It can be tricky. Make sure you fix the cage inside of the filter.
What you might find easier is to take your battery out, push the elbow into the filter outside of the car making sure not to grip the foam part of filter. Then assemble the induction kit and refit the battery after. The battery takes a few minutes to remove with a 13mm socket on an extension bar. to get the battery retention bolt back in just use one hand from the side and one above and you should be ok.

Clio 182 FF
@mayur_my. Optical is correct, it can be tight and maybe worth assembling prior to fitting. Ignore the silicon pipe in the pic but the swaged ends of yours are like this?

Attachments

• IMAG2997.jpg
    IMAG2997.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 185
  Black FF 182
@mayur_my. Optical is correct, it can be tight and maybe worth assembling prior to fitting. Ignore the silicon pipe in the pic but the swaged ends of yours are like this?
Here Ive attached some pictures of the pipe and filter. Its feels like the pipe doesn't go in far enough. I've been trying to connect the pipe and filter outside the car so there no issue of not having enough room to push it in. I think the only thing for me to do is tighten the jubilee clip and see whether the filter can be easily pulled off. From what I read I understand I should try and loop a zip tie through the jubilee clip before I completely tighten it. If I get it fitted tomorrow I'm off to rag the car for the afternoon and enjoy the sound everyone is raving about. Thanks for all the advice I'll report back if I continue to have problems. This forum has helped me sort so many things for my car so a big thank you to those people that make an active contribution.

Attachments

• IMG_1583.JPG
    IMG_1583.JPG
    306.9 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1582.JPG
    IMG_1582.JPG
    369.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1581.JPG
    IMG_1581.JPG
    394.6 KB · Views: 156
  197was/second 182is
Can someone make video how it sounds? Thinking of getting this mod as well... Is it ramair cc-115 what I should look for?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone made a heat shield for this set up?,was thinking of trying to make one or maybe go back oe set up with uprated panel filter and a bigger cold air feed pipe.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not sure of interest but mine will be for sale at the end of the week

E9375499-56AE-41E8-8C1A-350848FD957B_zpsg2w5chgq.gif

Edit just realised it will just be the metal bend and filter for sale

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I have a ally bend and ram air filter on mine that I will be removing soon as I've ordered 90° someone bends and have a pipercross filter, the same as @Ills

Has anybody had the pipercross c0171 filter and a ITG one for comparison?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone used a normal alloy bend, not the one in the op. I've spoken to ramair today and they are sending me a slightly bigger filter and I've ordered a normal alloy bend from Demontweeks, both parts coning Tomo all being well.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I needed to trim the hose off the throttle body to accomodate the phase 1 Airbox, hoping I didn't trim it too much lol.