ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Oh well. Looks like I'll be losing traffic light GPs left right and centre.

(I'll probably be running the setup in this thread for driving around and just stick the CDA on for static display)

Reactions: Gus
  Clio 182
Had mine fitted since saturday, brilliant sound but nice and quiet when you want it to be.

Car seems to pick up and rev a little better but i did fit a decat at same time.

Thanks @The Fatty

I would have thought that there's a difference in air supply and that the ECU will adapt over time, so those experiencing not 100% performance might find the car improves as it's driven more. Whether or not that difference is enough to be noticeable I don't know. @Dan@SJM would be able to tell you!

Afaik the filter is set up correctly.. and although the difference is minimal, I can feel it. But as mentioned, it only happened after a very very long drive. It's not often I drive so far so I really aint all that bothered.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Afaik the filter is set up correctly.. and although the difference is minimal, I can feel it. But as mentioned, it only happened after a very very long drive. It's not often I drive so far so I really aint all that bothered.
I meant make sure the filter is ok as in it hasn't collapsed or something like that since fitting...

Ohh I see. Yeah took it off just to make sure. Its absolutely fine.. If I'm honest however though I was expecting some performance drop so I'm probably looking for something that isn't there. Part of my OCD lol

FF Titanium 182
Anyone recommend where to put the cable tie? Or have a picture? Havent had any viabrations atm. But want to add it for extra security.

Edition 30 / GSXR750
pipe finally turned up today with a load of deep scratches and a few dents! hopefully get it fitted tomorrow.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I think I may have a slightly oversized battery. That or the Ph.1 has a bracket that is closer to the battery than is in the ph2 (Not sure on that one though)

I'm buggered if I'm changing the battery, I'll just neatly cut the bracket to suit. It doesn't do anything on my car anyway.

Last edited:
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Cable ties? Wheres best place to put them?
post 1 would have shown you! And this post a few pages back!!! :p

Ok hopefully these will show what I mean about cable ties and alignment (and it shows why you need an offset neck!)

ik2.jpg

ik3.jpg

ik4.jpg

how shes looking at the mo!
ik1.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
10bhp gain...seems optimistic!

This is a Ramair filter btw...I'd avoid them like the proverbial plague!

Image280.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Was only a few months old that filter. Car still ran fine, whether it sucked any metal in is another question altogether.

I'd still opt for an alternative filter if indeed the inside is the same...Just saying!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Different filters have different interior constructs...But yes, keep an eye on it!

It's a decent design though, the ITG Maxogen is a similar idea but a bit more 'purposeful'

Clio 182
Just checked my filter after a few days of hard driving and still looks brand new. Will keep a eye on it which you should any open filter

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
10bhp gain...seems optimistic!

This is a Ramair filter btw...I'd avoid them like the proverbial plague!

Image280.jpg
that's not happened from normal use! the mesh would wither get squashed in but the foam pulling in on it or be sucked into the engine completely. not sure whats gone on there! what type of filter is that anyway as it looks very small at the other end?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
only thing I would be concerned about with using these aftermarket rubber bends is that the filter will move as the engine rocks.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Has anybody had experience with the ITG cylinder type air filter? I loved the sound of my Ktec one and the ITG filter looks like the same one. I'm either going to go with this or the pipercross c0171.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
that's not happened from normal use! the mesh would wither get squashed in but the foam pulling in on it or be sucked into the engine completely. not sure whats gone on there! what type of filter is that anyway as it looks very small at the other end?
It's a RAMAIR. It's an old old pic c2005. Possibly a different design, but I'd still avoid them

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
How are people getting on with theirs?

I'm not sure whether it's in my head but I could have sworn I was fairly down on power last night going to my gfs. Lovely b Road that I usually really enjoy but for the first time with the new kit on last night going down it I was underwhelmed quite a bit and I'm sure it usually pulls harder.

Seemed to have noticed a bit less torque lower down too. Seems to make a noise but not pull as hard like what it used to.

Thinking of putting it back to standard.

Yeah i'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed it lol

Having said that, I think from experience, it's only inevitable for it to suck up some hot air contray to what people think. Perhaps not much power loss but for me, it was noticable.

Last edited:

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I inspect what is happening is the ecu is detecting knock and pulling out ignition timing. You should log knock correction and ignition advance after an ecu reset and the same when you feel the power drop. Probably just needs a tune.

I inspect what is happening is the ecu is detecting knock and pulling out ignition timing. You should log knock correction and ignition advance after an ecu reset and the same when you feel the power drop. Probably just needs a tune.

Can't really be arsed with that for the sake of nice noise. Just stuck the original one back on.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
It's most likely making more power as most 'cold' air intake setups do but will require tuning to get the most out of it in the long run.

As everyone said initially, it was worth a shot for £38 quid or whatever it was. And for most people, i expect it was ok and will be keeping it. But even a slight loss of power is enough for my OCD to keep nagging me to take it off so that's what I did. Stuck it on ebay, literally within an hour of posting it some bloke collected it for £30 so I guess it was worth a shot for £8