ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

Clio 182
The filter came next day delivery qbut no pipe as of yet!

Does the pipe going into the side of the airbox just pull out?

I'll fit mine soon as it comes (if the cars not in the garage :()

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
The filter came next day delivery qbut no pipe as of yet!

Does the pipe going into the side of the airbox just pull out?

I'll fit mine soon as it comes (if the cars not in the garage 😧)
not sure I would be putting anything on your car until you get the engine sorted out / confirmed ok.

Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
Got mine today thank the lordymclord!

Fitted it in 10 mins and i'm very happy. Going to fabricate some kind of bracket soon though as i'm not sold on cable ties.

Made a quick video too to show the difference. I haven't gone for a drive yet though as i'm incredibly plied with wine xx

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Weather permitting I will take the Clio to work tomo and get this fitted. Got a few bits to do.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
You can clearly hear the 'throatier' sound with Fatty's IK fitted just as the revs increase.
Just the typical cone filter noise really.

Hopefully my kit will arrive in the beginning of next week.

Good job posting that vid, @dann2707, gives you a decent impression of how it's like.
Its also quite a bit louder as well, notice in the video his mic doesn't distort with the oe intake, but it does quite badly with the ramair setup.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah I can tell the difference, I'm not deaf. But the quality isn't great, which we have established.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
BTW guys, As this exact sized filter hasn't been used before in this setup, its probably a good idea to check on the filter now and then just to make sure the engine isn't trying to eat it!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
bmc_cda1-592x667.jpg

I'll admit, it's mainly for aesthetic purposes, but I really do love induction noise hence being torn over the two lol

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
How do you remove the ducting that feeds down below headlight?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Oh, mmmm, ok 😧
it always wise to keep watch on something new / untested :smile: I dont think it should be a problem, but some poeple may bed/damage the cages so might turn into an issue. To be fair though, if it does happen, ramair haven't done there job properly!

The setup I chose looks clean and neat but hasn't made a noticeable noise difference over the standard airbox. But I can tell a positive difference when driving it + the intake manifold stays stone cold when driving it now! Whereas it used to be to hot to touch

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Rain has stopped play ...booo. got as far as removing the standard airbox. Im at the stage of trying to get the pipe out that goes down to the acoustic valve too. the one next to the headlight. Do i really just yank it? , it wont damage the headlight wiring will it?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
rain almost stopped - do I just yank the air feed pipe as above.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Cool, just needed a little twist and pull in the end, got my hand down to the connector like you said and hey presto.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
All done, nice and quick. Dont have any cable ties though, but used some string and the pipe insulation as mentioned a page or two back.

THANKS FATTY. off for a drive now.