ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Cars Spotted Appreciation Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
20210506_124516.jpg

20210506_124200.jpg

20210506_124556.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Until the new m2 comes out. M2 prices have done well recently because they are so much more useable and people are realising.

What are you gaining by choosing an M4 over an m2? I've driven so many M4s and they just feel meh. The new one if a different animal. The traction alone is night and day.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
I didn't think anyone would be able to make it look any worse until I saw that [emoji2962][emoji2961]

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
There’s a new M3 round the corner from us, did not like.

it’s in that primer grey colour with the colourful seats, really bit a fan. Esp of that plastic looking crap on the front wings, now that even the lower models have stuff there (I think?) it just looks a bit naff.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
My step dad just picked up an 18 plate M4 Comp for 35k and it’s a lovely car, and seemed decent money. I’d been looking at M3s and similar age/spec was in the £40’s.

Weirdly I wa never a huge fan of the Brera, the GT for me.

I bought this last week… probably paid too much but full BMW service history, private plate, upgraded steering wheel and facelift rear lights (fitted by BMW). Azurite black 😍 only issue is the drivers seat leather needs a freshen up as on 50k miles. The paint looks amazing in the sun for 5 minutes until it’s dirty, also looks good at night.

352AA739-77D1-4E53-B39D-AFCCEEF97710.jpeg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I bought this last week… probably paid too much but full BMW service history, private plate, upgraded steering wheel and facelift rear lights (fitted by BMW). Azurite black 😍 only issue is the drivers seat leather needs a freshen up as on 50k miles. The paint looks amazing in the sun for 5 minutes until it’s dirty, also looks good at night.

View attachment 1537577
That's Tanzanite Blue. Unless it's an individual colour which I don't think there were many?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I see they are still using black instead of blue! 😂 Carbon black an example of their naming.

That's very cool and rare. Most M cars of that age are Tanzanite. Probably because folk hate black cars these days... You know how hard they are to keep clean!

Enjoy, it's a gorgeous colour in the flesh, especially the right light.

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Spotted one of these earlier.

I wasn’t able to grab a picture, but have googled and it was the same as this. Same colour, wheels and in really tidy condition.

Managed to just make out badge on the back which was Peugeot 104 GL. Never seen one before, was properly cool!

12B5BC6C-5217-4F51-B7DB-1974BB6C5AB9.jpeg

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

View attachment 1537577

Nice. I'm starting to really like these and the m3. I'm just so upset they don't sound great.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
We bought a MK4 R32 golf at work, I had it out on Friday, i was never a fan of them when they were new but now that big capacity NA hatches are no longer a thing, there is something cool about it!
View attachment 1537666
View attachment 1537667
View attachment 1537668

Another car that was an unexpected like of mine. Bit like the Clio V6 in that I didn’t want one but ended up with one.

Got to be one of the best sounding stock cars (in the normal car world)

Always thought they’d be awesome with 100bhp more though but really loved mine.

Not sure how they fair these days (mine was a pretty new car at the time) but the throttle response was amazing, shame it had nothing to offer after that though. Kind of like the Clio V6 in that regard. Drive an Alfa V6 and feel what an engine should feel like.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
That is lovely and very fresh with the silver wheels, Sir.

How is it to live with? PM me if you’d prefer mate!
Dropped you a message, but short answer is it's just like any A3/Golf sized hatch to live with but with a rediculously obnoxious engine up front :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure how they fair these days (mine was a pretty new car at the time) but the throttle response was amazing, shame it had nothing to offer after that though. Kind of like the Clio V6 in that regard. Drive an Alfa V6 and feel what an engine should feel like.
The throttle response is like nothing I've ever driven, it is genuinely hard to drive for the first few minutes to you recalibrate your right foot! This one on 90 odd k feels nice and tight to drive, goes well. Like most VAG stuff of that era rust on the front wings and suspension components and subframes etc

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Old fella near mine has a few old classics in his garage this one was rolled out the other day. Not in very good condition, but a rare site. Austin 1100? Not sure...
b08fb47d193c5b2a259b6ef2b00a4c54.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
One from today
VID_20210514_143455_0.20.496.jpg

Saw a black one too today also past a white Aventador in Wilpshire and a blue (like arctic blue) DBS in Toxteth of all places that really stood out the colour was like this Range Rover I saw the other week, only pictured it cos the colour looked really good.
IMG_20210429_123513.jpg