ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the car is mocking me!!

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
Ive tried pc'ng (well kestral das-6i'ng) my car and the f*cking thing is just laughing at me. i dunno if its what i'm using but its just not making a dent, currently i have chemical guys correction 2 and tried all the pads ive got and not even the orange hexlogic pad is making any difference, any recommendation to what polish to use. its literally doing zero correction, absolutely feck all!. on my das heavily oxidised corsa it brough it up smashing, and done pretty well on my mums laguna.

Its a Volvo btw? so go knows how hard the paint is. help?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Mate I have had the same experience tonight and feel pretty bloody disappointed!! Car looks mint but there are a few scratches i thought I could improve but nope!!

I was using megs #83 and then menzerna super finish polish followed by chem guys petes 53 paste wax

Volva = hard from my experience. Kestrel will do very little, other than buff the finish a little bit.

Kidding right Ak??

Trev, 3M yellow vs menz 203s. Works well on beemer and T'Audi paint. Decent cut, decent finish. Can be refined with FF or glaze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
this could be arranged arif. you doing your maws motor?

need to get supplies. wasnt too fussed with that polish any way its water based and the polish it till its clear addage does work as it goes clear after about 3 seconds.

AK

M240i
Lol aye the clio needs doing mate..

Av got Menzerna PO 85 RE 5 and Menzerna Power Finish PO 203 S in the garage along way Tropi-care Swirl Cutter.

And some medium and light cut pads..

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
I haz chem guys hexlogic, pads from medium to fine polish and chem guys correction no2 and mirror gloss enhancer?, dunno the difference tbh, they apparently are different but the seem to do the same to me. iirc i think i tried meguires scratch x too and it also did feck all (tried it in an inconspicious area incase i fugged up but the car just dumped some water from behind a trim panel on my trousers and continued to laugh while the pc gave me arthritis)

Guys, just quickly, if you don't know about machine polishing, don't just "have at it".

AK, if you know how to use a rotary, great. But by the sounds of it "Long as you show me how to PC lol!" you may not.

It's not worth going in head first without thinking and doing damage to your/AN Other's paint work.

This is not me being a prick; more of a quick note to make sure you guys don't do any damage to your own vehicles. Please ask if you're not sure!! :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I can see a Volvo c30/clio mk3 respray.

Give me a call when you both want a quote.

AK

M240i
Guys, just quickly, if you don't know about machine polishing, don't just "have at it".

AK, if you know how to use a rotary, great. But by the sounds of it "Long as you show me how to PC lol!" you may not.

It's not worth going in head first without thinking and doing damage to your/AN Other's paint work.

This is not me being a prick; more of a quick note to make sure you guys don't do any damage to your own vehicles. Please ask if you're not sure!! :)

Lol I've had a good swatch at the guide on DW, not saying I know everything but everyone learns somewhere..

I've used it a bit on the roof and all went well all swirls were gone etc, only problem was it left slight marring as my polish never seemed to go clear...

OK lad. Like I say, not being a prick but just would rather have questions than "s**t, my paint's knackered, wot think?".

If the polish has not gone clear (dependant on polish) it means it has not broken down and therefore you are not spending enough time on it. What polish were you using lad?

If there is marring there, try looking into something called the Zenith Technique. This involves several speeds and going up then down the scale, the idea being the high speed takes the marks out and the lower speeds take the marring (left by the rotary) out.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yes well played use G3.

With any luck you might be left with a car!

Sack the G3, how about this;

1188440195Eime6N.jpg

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
ihave always found g3 to be spot on if you in the right cases and by some one eho knows what there doing.. but if definatly can go through very fast if left to it

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
you really need to start off with a Dual action and once your confidence has built up switch over to the rotary

Its not worth damaging your paint otherwise, unless you're already experienced ofcourse.

I first started with the 3m 3 stage paint correction technique, using green top polish (cutting compound) yellow top polish (refining light swirls) blue top polish (finishing polish)

There is a green pad, yellow pad and blue pad to go with them, you cant go wrong and you get very good results

May be worth investing in the above and trying it out

ihave always found g3 to be spot on if you in the right cases and by some one eho knows what there doing.. but if definatly can go through very fast if left to it

I.e. has a PDG and knows how much paint they're stripping off.

The thing that people seem to constantly forget is simple fact. Paint correction is easy. Any monkey can cut paint back. The skill involved is doing this by removing the least amount of top coat possible.

Something that has been lost in the current detailing world.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think we should leave this section and just Pm JD.

It's getting Silly!

OK, FFS, before I get really bored, the OP is attacking hard paint with a DA.

I attacked the Panzer with the DA and I didn't get far. Further than the OP no doubt, but I have almost 7 years of experience. You can't expect mirracles from a DA. They are superb for minor correction and even major correction on softer paints, like Clios, hence the number of people on this forum that have bought one.

But it takes time on a hard paint car, or a different type of machine like a rotary. It will take you 10 times as long with a DA as it will with a rotary, simple. If you have the time, or are a n00b, use a DA.

If you're experienced and lacking time, use a rotary. Simples. Case closed. Done. This. Wot Think? etc.

G3 is absolutely fine, you boys are just pussys lol. Just be very light with the rotary and you'll get instant results.........

If the paints as hard as hes saying, then it will be no problems. Ive used it on clear coat (final coat) thats 3 hours old when in a serious rush.......no problems mirror finish. (Make sure you have a foam end on the polisher and DEFINATELY keep it wet as hell)

Last edited:
  ST
G3 is absolutely fine, you boys are just pussys lol. Just be very light with the rotary and you'll get instant results.........

If the paints as hard as hes saying, then it will be no problems. Ive used it on clear coat (final coat) thats 3 hours old when in a serious rush.......no problems mirror finish. (Make sure you have a foam end on the polisher and DEFINATELY keep it wet as hell)

My days, i really am a bit lost for words..

H'actually blown a fuse.

+1...what a ledge.

Audi TT 225
Are you sure the panel you are working on is the original paint? i.e. it hasn't been re-laquered at some point and the damage is actually underneath? Seen this happen, major lols tbh :)

Are you sure the panel you are working on is the original paint? i.e. it hasn't been re-laquered at some point and the damage is actually underneath? Seen this happen, major lols tbh :)

This actually annoys me more than the G3 thing above. Happened just last weekend on a Monaco I was detailing. Good mind to track down the cants that did it and polish their face.

Audi TT 225
This actually annoys me more than the G3 thing above. Happened just last weekend on a Monaco I was detailing. Good mind to track down the cants that did it and polish their face.

Do'h, it's not funny at the time but it will be funny in a few weeks when you think back ;) Some 1st class idiots around!