ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Apple Watch Thread

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Omega here but I agree. I can talk myself in to pretty much any Apple device except this.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
I'm quite interested in it to see what happens with my heart rate when I'm driving on track, the novelty will soon wear off though.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm a bit disappointed I haven't got one on order, just seen that a store in London has them in stock tomorrow, you need to make an appointment, I'm in London tomorrow too.

Must resist.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Thread from people who actually have them if anyone's interested...

https://www.avforums.com/threads/apple-watch-delivery-thread.1953793/

Must admit I'm getting more interested in this thing. Still not getting this version, but maybe in a few years time. Think the black/black looks pretty sleek and isn't too bad at £300...

imageuploadedbyavforums1429864731-796100-jpg.jpg

dk

911 GTS Cab
impressed by the water proof video.

the more videos i watch the more i want one.

Looks like the only people who got watches today were either sport straps or the milanese one, no stainless steel or leather that I've seen.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'm totally 100% against it being square... but I honestly don't think the above looks that's bad, I could certainly live with it! Really don't see the point in paying out more for the Space Grey one after seeing that at about 1/3 price.

Functionality aside, that looks horrid.

It doesn't look so bad when displaying a watch face, but for the other 99% of the time it looks ridiculous. I can't see me buying one. I don't know a single person who is, and myself and most of my friends are Apple fans.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It doesn't look so bad when displaying a watch face, but for the other 99% of the time it looks ridiculous. I can't see me buying one. I don't know a single person who is, and myself and most of my friends are Apple fans.
That seems the difference compared to ipad etc. Everyone wanted one.

I read that it has to be charged daily, is that true?

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've never had an issue with an iPhone battery other that it having to be charged every day to make sure it will last the following, never had an issue with it lasting the full day though.

Mine will last the weekend without being charged but thats because I'm not using it so much and its mostly on wifi. iPhone uses loads of battery when using data on it with 3g (strangely 4g seems to use less battery), which is what most of my day is spent doing with work and emails etc.

Well that would be a matter of opinion. If your idea of a social life is a permanent stream of text messages and Facebook updates, then yes. Otherwise no.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Not really, times have changed and so have people's social lives. Long gone are the days when everyone hooked up at the local pub every night. These days people stay in contact using phone, text, whatsapp, facebook, twitter etc. There's no longer an association with being geeky or square, it's now part of life whether that be positive or negative. CS members should appreciate this more than anyone lol.

My work phone last for a week on a charge because I never use it.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
So the quicker one's smart phone battery is depleted, the more friends one must have?

No, but suggesting phone battery life isn't important in this day and age is full r****d.

The fact that yours lasts for multiple days automatically tells me you've either got no mates or spend your life playing dominos at your local.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Now that IS full r****d.

FLOL I presume you don't own an iPhone? You won't get more than a day out of one charge if you use it.

Christ even DK admits he only just gets a day and he doesn't have a bird!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
FLOL I presume you don't own an iPhone? You won't get more than a day out of one charge if you use it.

Christ even DK admits he only just gets a day and he doesn't have a bird!

Browsing Adultwork is data heavy

It's a sad state of affairs when not having to charge your phone for 2 or 3 days results in you not having a social life.

There are other ways to communicate to one another other than a mobile phone you know.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
It's a sad state of affairs when not having to charge your phone for 2 or 3 days results in you not having a social life.

There are other ways to communicate to one another other than a mobile phone you know.

My mother would say the exact same thing.

God forbid if you run your own business and are reliant on your mobile to communicate with colleagues, clients.

The majority, however, will use theirs to remain in contact with family and friends.

It's not sad, just different. A few years ago everyone labelled "internet dating" sad, just look at the general perception now (i've never internet dated).

The "got no social life" comment was tongue in cheek, however, in reality, unless you live in the past or are technically inept I'm unsure how the average person would manage to make an iPhone charge last longer than a day (considering the wealth of information thats available at your fingertips).

Last edited:

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Wow you're a strange one.

Bloke says he gets a few days use out of an iPhone. Break out the personal abuse. Lol!

LOL personal abuse? I'm trying to have discussion regarding battery usage and all you respond with is sarcastic comments.

Lets leave it at that.

No. I said I get a few days use out of a single charge, and you started bleating on about a social life.

Probably best if you pretend you didn't read this eh? You're starting to make yourself look a bit silly. Let's leave it at that instead.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
No. I said I get a few days use out of a single charge, and you started bleating on about a social life.

Probably best if you pretend you didn't read this eh? You're starting to make yourself look a bit silly. Let's leave it at that instead.

Says the guy who's posted more than 24000 times in 10 years yet never uses his phone? Are you attached to your laptop?

Last edited:

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I look forward to seeing how many days life you get out of your Apple Watch, I anticipate at least a month (you don't get much exercise sat at your laptop all day posting on CS).