ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-=- The 1.2 Project -=-

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Introduction

Well, My names Jet Wells, Currently 18, Born on 05/06/1991, So that means yes, It was my birthday on Friday :p, And just so your happy, I cant remember anything that happened on that day :)

Im a qualified mechanic, I have my NVQ level 2 in vehicle maintenance, My technical certificate also. Yes i know, Im still young so im not fully qualified but hey, I know a fair amount :p

I live in the amazingly boring place of Ashby, Scunthorpe, Which is in the North Lincolnshire area.

Currently single for now, But have my eye on that one special person :)

Now for the picture, Me and a friend in Cleethorpes having a laugh, Im the blonde one looking serious :D

n8186047871591471112315.th.jpg

The Car

Well, I bought a Mk2 Phase 1 Clio, 1.2, 8v, in black, Picked it up quite cheap but for a few reasons. Registered in 1999, Currently on 87000.

Front end damage.
Fan Belt split.

Also the wheels where painted black with a white rim around :p, They where steel wheels haha.

The Pictures

Photo0032.gif

Photo0033.gif

Photo0034.gif

Photo0035.gif

Photo0036.gif

The Aim

Make the steel wheels look good? Until i can afford alloys that is :p
Lower 60mm?
Change the sound system.
Strip?
Color Code?

Nissan 350z
Start cheap and work up.

Usual mods:
- Mk2 Ph2 rear light clusters (Ph1 rear lights you have look horrible)
- Clear side indicators
- Silvervision style chrome indicator bulbs

Then move onto more expensive mods:
- Eibach sportline springs
- Dual optic "sport" headlight conversion
- Alloy wheels

Obviously they are all mods and should be in addtion to getting the car up to standard first so id prioritise getting that bonnet sorted.

Good luck :)

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
as said above, colour coding is always good aswell

wouldn't bother stripping a 1.2 tbh.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Kind of on a tight budget at the minute :p

Hopefully ill be able to afford some alloys in the near future :D

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
nothing you can do can really improve steelies imo, they're always going to look like steelies, just spray em amphasite or something

BMW E92/Audi S3
Start cheap and work up.

Usual mods:
- Mk2 Ph2 rear light clusters (Ph1 rear lights you have look horrible)
- Clear side indicators
- Silvervision style chrome indicator bulbs

Then move onto more expensive mods:
- Eibach sportline springs
- Dual optic "sport" headlight conversion
- Alloy wheels

Obviously they are all mods and should be in addtion to getting the car up to standard first so id prioritise getting that bonnet sorted.

Good luck :)

I like how the 'Usual mods' were said then, for the sheep.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Well, Currently i have the seats bases out of the back, Slightly faster, With no spare wheel and the baby seat thing in the boot :p

J

jakm15

Dynamique alloys,
40mm lowering springs,
Front fog lights,
Ph2 rear lights,
Dynamique spoiler,
Clear side repeater lenses and sliver bulbs,
Silvervisons
Dual Optics

DSC00118.gif

DSC00119.gif

Nissan 350z
I like how the 'Usual mods' were said then, for the sheep.

Yeah but its a tried and tested methods for making Ph1s look better on the cheap. Would you rather see the above with lexarse lights and angel eye headlights, silly bore backbox etc?

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Well, Change of Plan, Im Euroing it, Gonna be a while before the first update is here. So ill just post up what im planning on doing.

Smooth Front, Sides, Rear.
Lower 60-100mm
Banded Steels or Deep Dished Rims
Interior Respray and Vinyl.

Any other ideas?

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Wasnt gonna strip it as im gonna redo the interior, Black Door Cards with White Fabric or Vinyl where the fabric is.

This could be a smart little car if you do it up right. For now i wouldnt spend much on those steelies if your planning on getting alloys. but spend 10 quid on cheap matt black / gloss black paint and get them all one colour.

Personally i wouldnt euro it unless you've got a lot of spare money for smoothing and that.

Lower it, Colour code it, Different alloys, Optic front lights and maybe ph2 rear lights would look good imo.

Re-covering the front and rear door cards in some dark/grey fabric could also look smart.

And if youve got enough, Get a carbon bonnet. If not get a 2nd hand one from the scrappy or get the dented one filled and painted.

Good luck mate, Hope it goes well.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
id get a new bonnet too, that things fucked,
lowering that much is a very expensive mod,
rims wont be too cheap too,

good luck with it, id def bin those alloys first chance i get lol

Steelies could look good if you were to get them banded. But banded steelies arent to everyones taste, and i think its quite expensive to get done. So may aswel just concentrate on alloys.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Yeah but its a tried and tested methods for making Ph1s look better on the cheap. Would you rather see the above with lexarse lights and angel eye headlights, silly bore backbox etc?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did I contradict you?

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Why ??
Physics tells us there should be some improvment there.

some improvement, maybe, but is a couple of BHP per tonne really going to be worth having an un-sightly interior? I'm all for stripping a 172 if it's going on the track, but for a 1.2 daily I honestly dont think it's worth it. maybe that's just me, but I can't recall seeing any stripped 1.2's on here!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
cousins painted his steels black and put a white band on them,
looked really nice,

if your on a tight budget you could consider it,

or get some money,
can get a set of dynamics for £120ish,

get ur priorities straight :p

some improvement, maybe, but is a couple of BHP per tonne really going to be worth having an un-sightly interior? I'm all for stripping a 172 if it's going on the track, but for a 1.2 daily I honestly dont think it's worth it. maybe that's just me, but I can't recall seeing any stripped 1.2's on here!

foxy's old 1.2
couzens current car.

some of the best 1.2s on here :boring:

Charged Superleggera

have a look for foxy's old 1.2 that was striped and the interiour looked mint. although i agree with you performance wise it isnt worth all the effort on a 1.2

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Yes mate, Checkerd bonnet due to a crash so tested it out roughly, Im from ashby so its nice :p Where bouts you from?

clio mk2
yer ive sin ya drivin about n down tescos, erm im on burringham road just near the beacon, got a mk2 ph1 5 door with 2 rims and 2 steelies on atm lol

mk4 golf gttdi180
Heres my 2p to make your car look good, 1st go oem look with a phs2 rear end bumper and lights, thel get some wheels something like 172 wheels will suite it and look very oem, then lower 60mm on standard shock as this will be lower than 60mm due to the shocks being crap, it will be bumpy and not handle tom well but lets be honest its a 1.2 8v :O and if your trying to make it go fast you will fail.
after that you can look into exhaust sytem and a rude boy filter. For the exhaust id go for a 2.5 inch sportex and run a straight pipe with the cat as a decat is pointless with 60od bhp lol.

You can do ll this for under 400 ( i did it with turinis and cpiles for under 500 and made an extra 500 when i sold my parts but i had a 1.6 with sport rear bumper and grille, turinis, coilovers and a k-tech decat and straight pipe with the sportex all on my 1.6 .)