ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension refresh - what a difference!

182 FF, A6 Avant
Finally got the suspension refresh finished on my car with a big thanks to Mike @ MWM.

Wow, what a difference it makes! New dampers, powerflex bushes, ball joints, inner & outer track rods and rack bushes. It drives like a different car! Bumps are handled much better and you can feel the ARB working more and keeping the front flatter when cornering.

Money well spent. My car is on 88k and I'd thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

182 FF, A6 Avant
This on my list of things to do. Did you buy the parts or did Mike supply them?

I'd intended to do it myself so had bought all the parts. For various reasons I needed someone to do it and Mike was good enough to take my parts and do the labour. Turned out to be a good job as it was a nightmare, bolts stuck, BJ stuck in the hub and the sub frame needed to be dropped!

Power flex ArB bushes or oem ?

Powerflex wishbone, inner arb and outer arb bushes. New OEM damers.

182 FF, A6 Avant
It's on my list too.

​Let me know when you plan to do it Dave, as I bet we could save a few quid each if we do one big order of parts. :)

I hunted round a lot on prices.

Genuine parts were cheapest from Adam by a mile.
Powerflex were cheapest from K-Tec of all places!
Ball joints were Lemforder and from ECP with a 50% discount code!

​I think all in it's cost me about £6-700 for the parts fitted.

182 FF, A6 Avant
Its going to be a while for me Paul as its not cheap to get everything!

Definitely! It's taken me a couple of months to get the parts together.

Off the top of my head:
Dampers £40-45 each (£180)
Powerflex £100
Inner track rods £80
Outers £35
Ball Joints £35
Rack bushes £25

​Need to get my geo done again now too.

182 FF, A6 Avant
Its going to be a while for me Paul as its not cheap to get everything!

I'll probably get Cup dampers, some lowering springs, cup wishbones plus all the other bushes etc

​I've got the old cup wishbones off my car for sale if you want them?

Cheers 5678. Good to know for reference.

Theres no rush Dave. I have other priorities for the car over the next few months anyway, but may start to gather parts gradually. It's mostly the Powerflex stuff that I'd want to have, as ball joints were replaced last year and it'll be on Coilovers soon anyway.

M2 Comp
Nice to hear this makes a good difference!

It's something I'm contemplating doing in the near future.

Clio 172 Cup
I did the same and totally refreshed everything up front, for anyone with a high mileage car, this is a must as it makes a massive difference.