ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

survived through the snow then this happens...

Clio RS 182
lol, i know ignore me, its just a stupid joke.

Gutted for you anyway, how long was it burning before you realised? Hope you get it all sorted.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Really gutted for you, I echo the other statements and hope they catch who did this.

Just to give you some advice, my M Coupe caught on fire last year, electrical fault so started from the engine bay, very unlike yours. The insurance company (Elephant) where fantastic with helping and removing the car, and keeping in touch with how the valuation was going etc. Can't fault them at all. The offer they made me was about 4K less that what I wanted, but after a very easy email with links to current cars for sale, plus sending them current photo's of my car, they came back with a settlement figure 5K above their original. So bear this in mind if they try to offer you pittance.

Oh and the real PITA for me was that it has to go down as a fault claim (no one else involved), so your insurance will be affected :(

172 cup got burnt :(
Thankyou!!
not sure, we were all in bed apart from my dad n he didnt see it untill he saw the flames reflecting through a window. I think it must have been a while tho coz all the windows smashed just as we got outside.

Really gutted for you, I echo the other statements and hope they catch who did this.

Just to give you some advice, my M Coupe caught on fire last year, electrical fault so started from the engine bay, very unlike yours. The insurance company (Elephant) where fantastic with helping and removing the car, and keeping in touch with how the valuation was going etc. Can't fault them at all. The offer they made me was about 4K less that what I wanted, but after a very easy email with links to current cars for sale, plus sending them current photo's of my car, they came back with a settlement figure 5K above their original. So bear this in mind if they try to offer you pittance.

Oh and the real PITA for me was that it has to go down as a fault claim (no one else involved), so your insurance will be affected :(

thankyou!
i cant believe they offered you 5k less to begin with! It's wrong tho it been your fault, because it's not! I don't think anyones gonna insure me at all now :(

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
what are people being c***s for? read the whole thread or gtfo with arsey comments that have already been addressed, dont you think its enough that her cars been burnt without that? and ye beside your house is where youd set your own car on fire LMAO!

also i want to buy those wheels, look fine to me! eejits
Listen 'pal'.

This is a public forum, I voiced my opinion, wether you like it or not, I couldn't care less.

So you GTFO!!

Listen 'pal'.

This is a public forum, I voiced my opinion, wether you like it or not, I couldn't care less.

So you GTFO!!

so just because its a public forum it doesnt make it right to say horrible things that offend people.
would you like it if it happened to you and someone said that to you? NO you wouldn't, so why give people grief when all he was doing is saying it werent nice?

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Terrible thing to happen, just be thankful it didnt get your house I suppose or it could have been 1000 times worse. In my world the scumbags who do this s**t would simply be shot in the face with a large gun but as we are in Britain they'll probably get off with a letter telling them not to be naughty and given a load of benefits/a council flat so they can "rehabilitate".

Listen 'pal'.

So you GTFO!!
TBH mate you were out of order. The girl has lost her car and you start throwing accusations out there suggesting she did it. Yes its a public forum but its also a members club, not nice for newer members to receive s**t replies like that when looking for help.

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
thanks for sticking up for me LOL!!

Lol no worries, I dont think anyone (well anyone normal anyway) would set their car alight and then bring attention to themselves by announcing all the details on a forum!? Hopefully your insurance company will be ok, reading experiences of others it looks like they might be quite decent, just keep fighting your case! You will find insurance elsewhere dont worry - unfortunately these things happen. Will you try and get another 172? I like your wheels (before) btw, but girls have much better taste than guys anyway! :approve:

yer would be a bit daft!
well insurance have been a bit thick so far. they rang me this morning to arrange a tow, asked if the car was driveable and attached to anything. so i told them YET AGAIN no the cars been totally burnt out and the only thing its attached to is the floor! So they sent a guy round who was planning on driving it onto the back of a tow truck!! insurance just told him i had a bent wheel?! Lol.
I want another one but dont think its going to happen, not fair that i wont be able to have a car i want because of someone else :(.
and thankyou :D we definately do have better taste!

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
A bent wheel lol You should have said, "yes it has a bent wheel... and just a few other problems"!! What clowns. So annoying you get all this trouble because of some selfish idiot (being polite!). :banghead: Let us know what happens - you should hear from the police soon surely.

182 ff
i was with elephant and they took 3 months to pay me out !!!! on my 172 cup only had it 6 months lol , but they gave me a price for more than i paid for it .

on a second note they investigated me , fella came out and asked me why i took a short cut home etc what i was doing driving at 3 am ( work nights lol )
and why i only rang the police once !

hope it all pans out well for you , just hope the fella if its him that hit you previously doesnt hold a bigger grudge !

mark

Racing Blue 182
Cant be nice for that to happen.

Hope you told the insurance about the aftermarket wheels and exhaust or they wont pay you out

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
first rat look clio av seen, rusted bonnets were so last year burnt bonnets are the new in :)

P.S am very sorry for your loss hope you get every penny back.

nah not really. police cant charge the guy that did it coz theyve got no evidence, but theyve said they are sure it was him.
also my insurance company havent got a clue how much to pay out because they cant find same car with as little miles!! and coz there taking thier time i cnt got another car on finance, so have had to buy a corsa :(

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
When I was arguing my case with Elephant for a higher payout, I found adverts from Pistonheads and a members forum and sent them to the insurance company. The Glasses guide for my car was well under market value, as might yours be, but they are willing to look at adverts and make an educated decision. Elephants policy states that you should be able to go out and buy exactly the same car you are replacing, so they are pretty reasonable I found.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
When I was arguing my case with Elephant for a higher payout, I found adverts from Pistonheads and a members forum and sent them to the insurance company. The Glasses guide for my car was well under market value, as might yours be, but they are willing to look at adverts and make an educated decision. Elephants policy states that you should be able to go out and buy exactly the same car you are replacing, so they are pretty reasonable I found.

thats the rules with every company. you have to be able to buy the same car.

it was my dad that spoke to them, they asked him how much its worth! bit daft really, he could have said anything! Ive found loads of adverts already, just waiting till they give us an offer.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They still haven't made you an offer! FFS!

Do you have a number for the engineer you spoke to Caroline? I'll get it sorted out for you.

So it was him!! I'm sure you'll be able to secure some retribution.. My uncle Jigsaw is available if needed.....

yeah it was! LOL. ive been told to stay away from him coz they think hes capable of doing anything, hes from lupset....