ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

survived through the snow then this happens...

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
I tried this when my brothers moped was stolen, fair to say I got told to f**k off.

The bloke on the end of the phone offered £650 when 3 months before that he paid £1200 (brand new). I said it's surely worth more than that, how have you came up with that price?

I searched around on Autotrader etc sent him the links, he replies with 'That's there asking price, not there selling price' I gave him some s**t down the phone after he said that to me....

Aviva insurance is s**t.

I was with Endsleigh at the time and they were actually really helpful. The money was back in my account/paid to the finance company within a few weeks.

I bought a 52 plate immaculate Type R back in 2006 which got rolled 3 times and writen off a few months later in 2007. Thankfully I originally bought it for a good price as my friend was a car sales man. I needed 9300 for it when it was crashed (it was worth nearer 9800/10000 but as said I got it cheaper and had paid money towards it etc) and I got 9500 from the insurance company in the end which paid it off and paid any fees etc. Better than the 8000s offers that were first mentioned. I showed them lots of examples and didnt take their first offer (dont agree to anything until you are sure). I wouldn't say to be arsey about it but I just said that I obviously wanted what the car was worth (and what I needed) and the insurance person agreed with me.

It's worth a try anyway, thats only my experience. Caz pm me if this doesnt make sense/have questions, will see if I can help at all.

CLIO 172 CUP....
f**king hell man proberly some little f**king prick who nose you and nose how much you love you car.

sorry man...

172 cup got burnt :(
It's worth a try anyway, thats only my experience. Caz pm me if this doesnt make sense/have questions, will see if I can help at all.

thankyou, i have found quite a few that are worth around the same or more than wat i will need. And they all have got more miles on them than mine did, would that make a difference now?

Maybe a 172 Cup..
:dapprove: Gutted for you.

Is a real sleepy little village as well, surely must be a mistaken identity thing. Who would do that over a minor prang??

:dapprove: Gutted for you.

Is a real sleepy little village as well, surely must be a mistaken identity thing. Who would do that over a minor prang??

well i thought the same but i suppose he might not of had insurance or even a license, i am hoping it is just mistaken identity though.

im suprised you know where netherton is!

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
thankyou, i have found quite a few that are worth around the same or more than wat i will need. And they all have got more miles on them than mine did, would that make a difference now?

Thats a good thing because it helps show that yours was equal to if not better than them (due to less mileage) - so the value should be around what they are or even possibly slightly more. Should help back up your case/help you fight for a decent insurance value payout. Which insurance company are you with? What are they saying about it?

im with elephant. they havent really said much just asked how badly damaged it was, what it was like before it happened & theyll send some forms out.

The police have just rung me aswell and theyve taken the guy that drove into me into custody, they just need to check some CCTV for evidence!!

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
Aw good, hopefully the idiot will get what he deserves (if its him obviously). Fingers crossed it all gets sorted out for you - and isnt too much hassle.

Silver 182
Hey caroline really gutted that this has happened :( Sorry!

Awful pictures, really felt it looking at them!

Please let us know how the search for that c**t is going, if its a small village surely something must come up!

Silver 182
OMG!:eek: are you actually been serious?

He must be joking. A family friend crashed his GT3, remember him saying that he was with admiral which is sister company of elephant. They written it off even though it was still "drivable" he got good money for it.

Nimbus R27
Gutted for you. When my Astra VXR was stolen last feb & written off, I accepted the 4th offer from insurance. They will try and drag it on a bit, on the hope that you are desperate for the cash..... as said, I also printed many examples and explained all the options I had on the car (sat nav/xenons etc.) and how much they affect the base price.

Good luck with it all!

im with elephant. they havent really said much just asked how badly damaged it was, what it was like before it happened & theyll send some forms out.

The police have just rung me aswell and theyve taken the guy that drove into me into custody, they just need to check some CCTV for evidence!!

Great news!

Nissan 350z
Insurance job.

I can see where your coming from.

[skeptical mode on] The OP was involved in an accident on a financed car, didnt want to take the hit on his insurance or car value so decides to torch or pay someone to torch his Clio. The OP already admitted the car was out of sight behind another car and against the side of a house so that kind of rules out random arsen meaning their must be a motivation

Hmmmmm.

Clio MK 4
some insurances aren't to bad as when I had my 172 written off by this woman she admitted fault and her insurance gave me a courtesy car till i got mine fixed or a cheque. Anyway was written off and the guy from her insurance rang me up and offered 3.7 (I wanted 4k) and i said no that to low and said i wanted 4.5k and he said ok then 4.3k and i took it. that was it. got more than if i sold it!

When my brothers car was set a light he had to go through his insurance and basically he bought the car for 2.5k 2 years back and they offered him 2.4k and 300 quid for his sound system. LOL took it right away!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hi, Caroline. I'll fire you over a PM, hopefully I can help you get a good settlement for the car. :)

[skeptical mode on] The OP was involved in an accident on a financed car, didnt want to take the hit on her insurance or car value so decides to torch or pay someone to torch her Clio. The OP already admitted the car was out of sight behind another car and against the side of a house so that kind of rules out random arsen meaning their must be a motivation

Hmmmmm.

an accident where someone ran into me, it clearly says that. He was paying for it to be fixed, not me. Even if he refused i still wouldnt torch my own car (that i absolutey love) to pay for a tiny little bit of damage to still be paying for a car that i dont have. Not to mention (ive already said) it was behind my dads car (which got badly scratched at the same time) and right at the side of the house, why would anyone do that?

and it wasnt out of sight, my house is on the end of a cul-de-sac, you can clearly see my car from the main road at the side of my garden.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

[skeptical mode on] The OP was involved in an accident on a financed car, didnt want to take the hit on his insurance or car value so decides to torch or pay someone to torch his Clio. The OP already admitted the car was out of sight behind another car and against the side of a house so that kind of rules out random arsen meaning their must be a motivation

Hmmmmm.

Just seems suspect to me.

Why does the car have 2 different headlights and shocking wheels?

Did you retro-fit Xenons then take them and the Turini's off before it was 'burnt'?

Just seems suspect to me.

Why does the car have 2 different headlights and shocking wheels?

Did you retro-fit Xenons then take them and the Turini's off before it was 'burnt'?

oh FFS
i bought the car with those wheels, theres nothing wrong with them.
if you actually read it you would see i bought some lights, one broke so i had to replace it with one of my old ones while it got fixed, would you like to ring the company and make sure i'm telling the truth?!
have you ever heard the saying 'if youve got nothing nice to say, dont say anything'

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I noticed the exhaust too!

Nice! I'm not sure the insurance will be impressed but you never know. Just replying to your PM.

Short story is you should be looking at 3700 for your settlement minus your no doubt large excess.

I noticed the exhaust too!

Nice! I'm not sure the insurance will be impressed but you never know. Just replying to your PM.

Short story is you should be looking at 3700 for your settlement minus your no doubt large excess.

dont get me started on the exhaust, i HATE it!!
mine dropped off so had to quickly get a new one cheapish till i could find a better one, then it didn't fit right and the company i bought it off didn't care because 'it fits fine on everyone elses!' its only been on about a week.
what do you mean by insurance wont be impressed? lol
thankyou!! excess is only £150 theyve only charged just for it been a fire and not all rest for a full claim for some reason.

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
Nice to see you are getting a bit of help on here Caroline. Ignore the silly comments - probably the last thing you need right now.... and I did lol at the "his"!!

172 cup- suzu rf600r
what are people being c***s for? read the whole thread or gtfo with arsey comments that have already been addressed, dont you think its enough that her cars been burnt without that? and ye beside your house is where youd set your own car on fire LMAO!

also i want to buy those wheels, look fine to me! eejits

Sad to see mate, especially in the new year. Im a FF down south and to be honest looks like your brigade did a good job for it not to cause to much damage to your house! Hope they find who did it, and yes deffinately deliberate!

clio 172 corsa turbo300hp
that is a bit harch hope you find out who did this the scum bags these days just jealous people about hope you sort it all out

Nice to see you are getting a bit of help on here Caroline. Ignore the silly comments - probably the last thing you need right now.... and I did lol at the "his"!!

what are people being c***s for? read the whole thread or gtfo with arsey comments that have already been addressed, dont you think its enough that her cars been burnt without that? and ye beside your house is where youd set your own car on fire LMAO!

also i want to buy those wheels, look fine to me! eejits

thanks for sticking up for me LOL!!

i would sell you the wheels but 2 of them have melted...
i repainted them myself aswell, looked nice before they melted :(

630.jpg