ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Superleggera'd lowish mk3

Superleggera'd MK3
Yes mate! Just read it!!!! Did your steering wheel come with the stitching etc, or did u buy that wheel?

Yes mate! Just read it!!!! Did your steering wheel come with the stitching etc, or did u buy that wheel?

Sorry for the late reply mate.

I don't know it came like that. I think it might have been a leather steering wheel option that the previous owner ticked.

I'll sell it you first if I ever buy a RS wheel haha :)

Superleggera'd MK3
Got a few bits in the post today :)

Got my 2 cliosport east midlands stickers....a white and anthracite internal one and a fully anthracite external....not sure which I'm gonna use yet?

Sticker_zpsc404e770.jpg

I also got some cleaning/detailing bits through. These are the first bits I have ever bought, so will be looking to get clay, sealant etc next month :)

Wash_zpsb54a8bb3.jpg

Cool stickers. Wonder if there is any for the west midlands group... West side is da best!! haha ;)

Do you have a list of cleaning products for the car? I'm interested in learning to do it all myself eventually. Most likely after I get a wheel refurb. I'll be rolling around on mk1 scenic alloys while my Turni's are refurbed pmsl! I promise I'll take pics ;)

Superleggera'd MK3
I think cliosport are trying to get the stickers in the shop for each area.....but not sure when they will be available mate....im special so got mine early :) Also, I think everyone knows Westside is not da best ;)

Ummm im kinda looking to get into a small amount of detailing....or at least get a good base of products and learn the basics. They are the first product I have for the car so far.....next month im gonna get a decent sealant, clay bar , maybe a good polish etc. Just buying the bits month by month and reading about it.

Ouch lol mk1 scenic alloys.....u have to get some photos lol should be the first clio on coilovers to roll on scenic alloys.....should be interesting mate!!!!

Superleggera'd MK3
Got the cliosport eastmidlands stickers on the other day

image_zps11e37454.jpg

image_zpsde94419c.jpg

I also cleaned a months worth of salt and dirt from it and used some of my new products, just a quick shot from the phone

image_zps3e138553.jpg

image_zpsc851a613.jpg

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
That does look good, must admit when I started reading I thought the wheels were doing to look lost in the arches.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Great choice of wheels, spacers on the back and it will look perfect!

Mk3 Megane 250
Didn't see it mentioned, but a megane surround for the headunit will sort out the spacing ;)

Superleggera'd MK3
Cheers boys :) yeah cant wait to have a bit of disposable income to get some spacers. Contemplating a wiper delete.....but not sure yet really, i think it will look better but I kinda use it all the time. Any one recommend some good wheel nuts as well?

I'd keep the wiper mate. The amount of crap my car picks up and flips onto the back now it's low and spaced on the rear is silly. Was contemplating the OEM mk3 mud guards (the discreet ones) you could choose as a option but I can't find them anywhere lol.

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah mate, the back of my car is filthy compared to the rest of it....looks like someone has pelted the back with eggs :( you would have to be a headcase to go and wash it in this cold and wind though....or be tom garvie ;) Not seen them mud guards mate, not a fan of them but if they are discreet it could be a good idea....probs wait for next winter though....summer is on the horizon....i hope :)

Superleggera'd MK3
Been a while since I updated anything. Still planning on 20mm rear spacers, TH wind deflectors, RS mats and maybe some projectors if i come across a pair cheap enough.

image_zpsa45c59bc.jpg

Awesome quality photo that was my phone from a while back :)

Been a while since I updated anything. Still planning on 20mm rear spacers, TH wind deflectors, RS mats and maybe some projectors if i come across a pair cheap enough.

image_zpsa45c59bc.jpg

Awesome quality photo that was my phone from a while back :)

Love it mate. For some reason when Mk3's are at the right angle the front end looks really long and I get SLR McLaren vibes (Don't ask?)
Mercedes-Benz_SLR-McLaren_722.jpg

After a set of Projectors myself atm. Have got a drivers side, just need the passenger side now. HID kit eventually after that.

Superleggera'd MK3
lol mines lower ;)

must admit, love the front end now its sat right with the 197 grills. When i had the grills in but it was still standard height it looked weird, all comes together with the lowwss though :)

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah I was really confused about which size wheels I wanted before the Supers came up for sale then that made my mind up for me! I think i was always swaying to 16's though, as its harder to get low with 17s.

Superleggera'd MK3
Thanks very much mate :) Dont quote me on this, but im pretty sure its a powerflow one. Its ok, i think it sounds nice as I still have the CAT in, but its straight through back from that. It was decat when i first bought it, but it sounded to loud and the tips were chavvy so I added a cat, and cut the tips off and hid it behind the bumper. Good as well if your going low as you dont have a massive backbox hanging down :)

Superleggera'd MK3
Right, been a while since I've done an update but its the road to CSS now so i thought i would get my butt in gear and get some things sorted.

Firstly had a trip up to see Tom Garvie, sound lad, showed me how to do some detailing etc....had a lovely trip into Aston (dodgy as f*ck).

MeandGarv_zps03993e0a.jpg

and saw this beauty on the motorway.....cracking fitment/spacers.

StupidWheels_zps82ca5a93.jpg

Then finally got round to ordering some spacers. Went budget and order some and didnt realise they were delta mics. Went 25mm and instantly regretted the purchase.

Deltamic_zps4cc58e7b.jpg

Decided to get my money back after losing some to postage etc (was ebay) and went for these in 20mm instead.

FK_zps69782f21.jpg

I also decided to sort out my centre console etc and have spend the last few days prepping for spray (still ongoing)

Primer_zpsf9a55aa4.jpg

Spraying_zps81dbacb1.jpg
(after 1 coat)

Clio World Series
Looks good need spacers on mine I think fk spacers any good ?
Dunno if there any good in too minds weather too buy some fk high sport coilovers for mine those or ap coilovers have any1had fks fitted too there mk3 Clio ?
​There on offer 380 delivered tempted ?

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah the FK spacers seem to be good mate. They are a lot lighter than the delta mics as they are aluminium as opposed to billet steel.....the bolts looks better as well. I dont know of anyone that has FK's on their clio mk3, most will have springs or AP coilovers. Tbh, if you can get either of them at a good price i would just splash out and get them, will the be most important/beneficial mod you will probably do.