ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Superleggera'd lowish mk3

Superleggera'd MK3
Re: Silver MK3 TCE Progress Thread

Haha im glad you edited your post lol i was confused as my ride height certainly isnt perfect ;) it will be sat just over the tyres when its done though and spaced right out....should look mean :)

surprisingly canastas arent that easy to get hold of considering they come on like 50% of mk3's lol. Worth a look though. What size are yours now?

Yeah that is quite a gap near the head unit. Gotta be worth an email to the manufacturer.

Btw, do u have a progress thread up yet mate?

Dynamique S TCE

This is the thread I was reffering to;

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...coilovered-MASSIVELY-PIC-HEAVY!&highlight=mk3

He's changing his wheels so I'll see what he's doing with his actually. Mine are 16" too but the other ones that they come with, these ones.

IMAG0071-1.jpg

I made a thread when I first got the car but I have done absolutely no modifications to it since I made the thread though lol. Have many planned just need to get saving and work through them! Here's my thead;

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?569513-My-1-2TCE-Dynamique-S

Superleggera'd MK3

I thought it would be toms thread lol ive been doing photoshops for him to help choose wheel colours etc :) yeah his is sitting nice, very clean simple example! Have you got your eye on any other wheels atm then?

also yeah, its not cheap mate. But means you can be individual and try make the car your own. I think the key is, to be individual without making it tacky which many people fail with.

Will pop and have a look at your thread now pal :)

Dynamique S TCE

Oh nice! Yeah his is pretty much exactly how I'd like mine. Although I don't know how I'd feel about spending so much on mods that will be hard to pull back when it comes to sell.

No, not been looking at any other wheels. I'd prefer to keep the ones that I have, as long as they don't look silly. If you get time would you mind shopping my wheels onto his car please? No worries if not...

IMAG0080-1.jpg

photo1_zps62d2f9bc.jpg

My thead is so bad, just pics of the car and a list of stuff that I havn't done lol, all I do is think of more things I'd like to do to it!

Superleggera'd MK3

Yeah true, personally, i think i have made my car more sellable since i have bought it, making it more subtle etc, but you will never recoup the money lost on coilovers etc. Personally, if i was gonna sell up soon, i wouldnt bother, but i will be keeping it a few years, so doesn't bother me :)

Tryout_zps5e8f530e.jpg

Btw, theres the PS mate, not a masterpiece, but the resolution was quite diff in both pics so bit blurry, but you get the idea. It also shows what yours would be like with lower profile tyres as the ones you have atm look thicker than Toms. :)

Haha thats what mine was like when i first started. Why don't u try a few cheaper mods etc like lights to get you started?

Dynamique S TCE

Well I'll keep it until at least Nov then look at a 335D, BUT I don't know if it will be finacial viable just yet. So one part of me is screaming to save all my money for the BM and the other side is saying theres no point, just make the clio nicer.

Ah that's perfect cheers! Think it will look decent enough with those wheels so won't bother buying a different set.

Yeah I think I will, can get a good 6 or 7 done for under £100 but then the rest get "expensive" (197grille, induction kit, colour coding, wheel refurb and coilys). Will have to take those one at a time! Your will be sorted in a few days :)

MK3 1.4 dynamique s

R18 RHT really glad you like my car dude! And yes, Kieran's an absolute legend with photoshop, so so helpful!:) I actually really like my car with those wheels, cheeky;)

Superleggera'd MK3

Now now.....legend is a bit strong.....extremely gifted/helpful/modest would be better ;)

Yeah i actually lilke it with them wheels, looks quite purposeful/meaner. Think it would look smart with a colour code and some coilys on R18 RHT (induction kit and grill arent as important). They would be the two things i would do first anyway. But thats probably close to like 600 quid together :(

Dynamique S TCE

Hey Tom! Yeh you're car is lovely, just the wrong colour ;-)

No definitely! I prefer your wheels to mine, I just meant that my wheels look good enough to not warrant me spending £££ to change them.

Yeah I'm gonna have to wait for those, think I'll do all the small bits and colour code first, then get the coilovers. Did your price include delivery?

Superleggera'd MK3

Yeah mate it did include delivery (free) and........i just received them at work! The smile on my face is pretty huge right now!

yeah defo colour code mate, you wont regret it mate!

Superleggera'd MK3

Probably not this weekend, but the weekend after, so still a lil while....will just have to make do with staring at them in my bedroom pretending im in a racecar.

Superleggera'd MK3

Haha thanks mate :) yeah bet u cant wait to get them! Have you got a progress thread to have a butchers at?

No I don't have a thread yet. I've been a member for the past year and never touched the car except the sound system. After bending the steering rack and buckling the two passenger alloys in the snow/ice a few weeks back I bought a set of 172 cup turnini's of a member on here as that was a cheaper option to direct replacements and new tyres. Look much better than the old 15" Mahonia star fish alloys I had haha!

Planning on keeping it for another 2 years now so I am making changes to it and making it my own ;)

May build a thread soon as we need more non sport mk3 project threads!

Superleggera'd MK3

HEY! Dont be dissing the 15" Mahonia Star wheels! Some of us are still rolling on them (not mentioning any names *cough*). U have any other pics of your car with the turinis on? I had been contemplating them for ages before I decided on the superleggeras.

Yeah we do need some more threads, i try and suscribe to all the mk3 threads and keep an eye on them....get involved :) There are a few more now so more knowledge etc being shared which is good :)

They're not bad but the Turini's are nicer :p Superleggeras' are sick.

I don't have any great pictures at the moment of them. Let me have a look!

They came off a 172 turbo cup so they have been ragged around abit and need refurbing at some point when I have the time and money. Thinking about getting them done in Anthracite. Wish they were 17's.

WP_20130123_005.jpg

Have red brake calipers now.

Superleggera'd MK3

Ah i think they will look nice when u pop your coilovers on mate :) Yeah i reckon anthracite would look nice, i reckon white would look proper smart as well on your black car but only if u can keep them clean :) also, yeah i love my superleggeras as well mate, not very common so i think thats also why i like them.

How much did u get your coilovers for if you dont mind me asking?

Yeah they will look miles with the car lowered and clean haha. I love the fact that they are Renault turini's and have the Renault badge on the caps. Looks more EOM.

White is a good idea mate but it's nearly impossible to keep my car clean. Especially in this weather.... Will decide once it's lowered.

Paid full price for them. £500. Just missed a set being sold second hand..

Superleggera'd MK3

Yeah man, thats what I like about the cup turinis, decent for that OEM look and it give you another customisation oppertunity so u can have the Renault diamond a different colour to the wheel itself which always looks good.

Yeah, white can be a bit lairy, but ive seen some of the threads of some mk2's which have black cars and white wheels and they look amazing (especially turinis, oz f1's etc) Just dont look great if its filthy lol. Could use them as summer wheels? Tbh anthracite will be smart anyway...hence why I have anthracite :) Or even black on black steath look? Might have a go at photoshopping them later if im bored :)

Yeah, he was selling them for £400 wasnt he?

I'll have to find some of those MK2's! I always quite liked the look of the Citroen C2 GT with the white alloys on black. Defo something to think about and I hope you get bored later ;)

I'm not sure I saw in a oldish thread a member was selling them so I pmd him but he had already sold them last week. No idea what for.

So when you getting your new alloys on!? Any future subtle mods in mind?

Superleggera'd MK3

Ah i forgot which threads they were pal, just come across them when i was bored looking about. Yeah not doing anything tonight so will have a play about on photoshop :)

Yeah it would of been rjm he was selling for £400 collected i think, I was gonna buy them but i wanted the full 2 years warranty.

Gonna put the alloys on the same day that i pop the coilovers on, hopefully this week sometime if i can find a good price at a garage :) Umm, i will be spacing the wheels no doubt, then wrapping the diamonds in anthracite then hopefully do something with the sound system. But dont intend to go too mad with spending more money on it. Done/purchased most of the things i want :) What mods u got in mind then?

Two year warranty is good. They are expensive after all..

Nice one, I was quite good at photoshop in college but that was 09 haha. Think I've lost it since.. I bet you can't wait to get them on!

A work friends sister is a mechanic and said she would fit my coily's for free but I'm going to have to find somewhere to do wheel allignment again and decent tracking (heard laser is the best).. These turini's don't need much spacing as the offset is 38.5 so they stick out 11.5m more than the mahonia's so 23mm both sides! (Think I worked that out right lol!) Your mods sound good. Keeping it clean..

Just a few things in mind... Have AP coilovers on order and today just ordered my Heko wind deflectors, stubby aerial, RS grill and new tweeters that sit flush in the dash holes like Tom's. I've also seen some smoked road legal led backlights but the only place to get them is a German Ebay account. Talking about £150 for them and postage I think. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-RUCKL...876003662?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item2ec524914e

light6.jpg

Attachments

• light6.jpg
    light6.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
  Superleggera'd MK3

Yeah man, buzzing to get them on.....think i will probs end up with 20mm all round spacers tbh.....sperleggeras are et37 so not too different fitment to the turinis. And yeah trying to keep it clean, dont want anything thats not necessary tbh although i was looking at the wind deflectors so may get some of them.

Which tweeters did u get? Im so confused by car audio....i want a niceish setup but i havent a clue where to start and what to look for :/

Haha u must have just blown your bank balance getting all that lol not cheap is it?!

Not keen on smoked lights but them ones dont look as bad....not my cup of tea but might look smarter on a black car :) Going to any shows this year?

I was thinking on a white/Black car they would look alright and it was my Birthday yesterday so I had a bit of money to help. To be honest I've been selling stuff I don't use on ebay while I'm off work for the week and that's my funding so far haha. Sold the two good condition Mahonia's for £68 and £82.

I'll link you to some decent speakers which require no effort to install. Simply take the old ones out and clip these new ones in. They're built for Renault's speaker wiring and simply connect.

Better to get a aftermarket headunit and fit that too if you haven't got one already. Most come with 50x4 watt amp built in to power the speakers and a aux port is handy to connect your phone/music device to play music from.

Front speakers and tweeters http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-ts-q131c-renault.html (I'm only buying new tweeters as those sit under the tweeter grill and I split my grill
Rear speakers http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-ts-1302i-custom-fit.html (Cheap and cheerful but are much better than standard. Most mk3's don't even have rear speakers fitted! Mine didn't)

You might want a small sub eventually and this is perfect http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/edg-edb10a-v2-edge-street-ed-bass-10-active-v2.html. Leaves good space in the boot and packs enough punch. It's an active sub so the Amplifer to power it is built into it already.

Superleggera'd MK3

Yeah so got bored lol just messing about with colours.....was the best i could do with the resolution of the photo though mate.....little pixelated.

grey_zps8bbf3fa9.jpg

white_zps25d92217.jpg

green_zps5504db20.jpg

candyred_zpsac79b245.jpg

Popped some lairy colours in there for fun :) Also lowered your car for you and spaced the back wheels out a bit :)

Not thought of selling my mahonias.....good shout....all 4 of mine are in good condition with quite a lot of tread on tyres so might have to see if i can sell and make a lil money back (hate when ebay take a big chunk of it though)

I don't think i have front or rear speakers atm, think its just tweeters mounted in the parcel for some reason :/ who knows what he was doing lol..... and yeah definitely need a decent sub as well! Got a sony head unit with aux already as well :)

MK3 1.4 dynamique s

So jealous at how good you are with photoshop..mr modest!;)
you know I'm always here for audio advice, I know it pretty much inside out so I'll happily point you in the right direction:) we should meet up guys, ml3 owners, would be a right laugh, keen to meet you two (Kieran & kiefer) :)

Superleggera'd MK3

Yeah i am pretty awesome.....except the red wheels one is a bit messed up. But not my fault :)

Yeah i think im gonna have to pull together some info before i attempt a sound system. I dont get why it cant get my head around it lol also, few shows we can go to this year so should get a few of us there pal :)

Thanks Kieran! Looks much better just being lowered! Definitely going for the green!! jk ;)

That red actually looks nice haha. Find myself pulled towards the Anthracite though more than the rest.

The Mahonia alloy from Renault alone is £143 so there is a market out there on Ebay. My alloy with a premimum continental tyre had a big curb mark in one place and it only sold for £68. The other one with a mint alloy and a punctured tyre that needed replacing sold for £82 haha. You could probably get £90-110 each for a decent alloy and tyre like you said yours are. Almost covers the cost of the Coilys! Sell them individually one after the other and use Interparcel.com for shipping quotes. Only about £10.41 each to anywhere in the UK and the buyer pays. For the courier quote I believe the weight is 14kg length 44cm, height 44cm and width 19cm. That's alloy and tyre. Putting that there as I'll forget by the time you sell ;)

Thanks Tom. It would be good for all of us to meet :)

Superleggera'd MK3

Yeah the anthracite looks good, subtle and nice. Anthracite black and white are best imo.

quality info for the ebaying mate, will do this as soon as i get the new wheels on!!! Try claw a little money back. Also, what do u package them in?

I just put each wheel in a large black bag. Taped it up then cut up cardboard boxes and wrapped the cardboard around the tyre and a placed pieces over the alloy.

Clio MK3 1.2 16V

Yeah so got bored lol just messing about with colours.....was the best i could do with the resolution of the photo though mate.....little pixelated.

grey_zps8bbf3fa9.jpg

white_zps25d92217.jpg

green_zps5504db20.jpg

candyred_zpsac79b245.jpg

Popped some lairy colours in there for fun :) Also lowered your car for you and spaced the back wheels out a bit :)

Not thought of selling my mahonias.....good shout....all 4 of mine are in good condition with quite a lot of tread on tyres so might have to see if i can sell and make a lil money back (hate when ebay take a big chunk of it though)

I don't think i have front or rear speakers atm, think its just tweeters mounted in the parcel for some reason :/ who knows what he was doing lol..... and yeah definitely need a decent sub as well! Got a sony head unit with aux already as well :)
I'd go for either Anthracite Black, White or Red. Ksykes23 where you learn to be good at photoshop? Im studying graphics at college and don't think I could do what you did Lool;)

Superleggera'd MK3

Haha cheers mate, umm just kind of tought myself really and picked up bits and bobs at uni. Using internet tutorials etc is a good way of learning if youve got spare hour or so at night :)

also kiefer, do u reckon i would get a better return selling the wheels one by one or selling them as a set?

Superleggera'd MK3

Right, finally......

IMG_0791_zps7c874a22.jpg

So glad to have them on :) Took a while but they were fitted today. Got a little bit of posh camber though :s

Gonna get it tracked tomorrow though so see what the damage is, then will look for either spacers or try and get some camber bolts made up to solve it possibly.

clio mk3

Really smart mate now it's on coilees, looking good, now just spacers:)