ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharge the 182 or get something else?

Surly there has to be a some performance company somewhere that you can test drive a supercharged one?

I won't spend that sort of money without out at least being a passenger in one.

As far as I know, RSTuning are the only place that currently do it, I think KTECs is in the works still.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Spending the money on the Clio is basically pissing it up the wall. If you want a new motor, r26 remapped is a good shout. Good looking motor, enough toys.

Still, I wouldn't feel that great spending that much for only ~20bhp more. I know there is a lot more to it than just that but still.......

Golf GTD Mk7
have to agree, plus cams really to get the best out of it. so you're looking at similar costing after remap etc.

Mine RR'd a 182.5 with the above mods.

If I did get another car I think I would want a bigger change than a meg (as nice as they are!)

And I still think my car will be a bit tricky to sell, not than there's anything wrong with it, far from it, but in it's current spec I mean.

Sunflower Yellow Ph1 172
if your looking for a supercharged clio and having it stripped out anyway why not sell up and get a phase 1 172. That way your already 1/2 way to the cost of the SC conversion, can spend that on suspension or a forged engine for silly power.

if your looking for a supercharged clio and having it stripped out anyway why not sell up and get a phase 1 172. That way your already 1/2 way to the cost of the SC conversion, can spend that on suspension or a forged engine for silly power.

Valid point, but can't be assed with the hassle of selling one clio for another. It's gonna be my 182 or not at all.

Errr....what? So I get another clio which is almost identical, if not slower?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Errr....what? So I get another clio which is almost identical, if not slower?

Wrong. Much nicer car day to day!

Anyway, for me it would be the Meg or 197 everytime! As peeps have said, you will never see that 4k ever again, and if you come to sell, it would only appeal to a select few

Wrong. Much nicer car day to day!

Anyway, for me it would be the Meg or 197 everytime! As peeps have said, you will never see that 4k ever again, and if you come to sell, it would only appeal to a select few

My car is almost fully stripped with buckets and harnesses, having a nice everyday drive car couldn't appeal to me less.

I never really look too much into what I will loose at the other end, I've never done it for anything in my life. Granted I won't get 4k back, but I wont get 100% back from anything I do, that's pretty much the nature of buying something new and selling it on....you're gonna loose money. But if you never regret doing it in the first place and enjoy it for the time you have, that's what counts for me.

Thanks for the advice so far peeps :)

So your probably running around 170-175 maybe.

I increased mine from 158bhp to 204bhp.

If I was you though, I would be looking at another car really, nice meg maybe.

Just interested as to who's rollers you used as those figures seem a little optimistic to me?

Also how much did it all cost on a £ per BHP ratio as it appears to be £100 per BHP to tune the 1*2's and to me that's just pissing money away.

:)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I'd do it personally! You could be like everyone else in the world and get a scooby/evo ect or you could have something a bit pointless but fun/fast and something that you have made yours!

Rollers were Jamsports.

Cant disclose the price i paid for them, but its roughly cost me about £55-£65 per bhp.

Fair play I have thought about doing it many times and actually spoke to Jamie and Mark about using my car for the conversion but they never gave me a price to Supercharge the car.

TBH I've decided not to bother now.

:)

320d
You can get a lot of car for around 10K. I'd just go for what you feel you want to do. A SC 182 would be an awesome car to own.

Da

Less
If I had the disposable £4k I would supercharge my 182 without a doubt.

I have no intentions of selling my car and would be happy to lose the money so long as I could afford to - you will create something fairly unique and will be able to enjoy it for months/years to come.

Sure, sell up and buy a newer/better/boring car but where's the fun in that!?

Modifying is never an investment, we all know that.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Thanks Addz. Tbh, that's one of the main reason's I'd love to do it, because it's different and a bit mad lol!

exactly, you'll never see the money again but if you enjoy it and can afford a bit of a loss in the mean time then do it and have a laugh!

Though to be fair if you spend 10k on a scooby today it'd be worth 6k in a year anyway....

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I think it's f**king crazy spending 4k on s/c a 182. But I guess you cannot go quicker for less but I think I'd be getting something Jap Turbo for 9k or so (5k for your 182 plus 4k for the s/c).

Clio Trophy 182
supercharge it all day long. im sure you will not be dissapointed. also its something rare. like said above 10k on a scooby 1 year later 6k. but the clio will not lose that much. like 4k clio 4k sc 8k. one year later 6k. also at the traffic lights if a st s3 etc is next to you im sure its good bye s3 st.

alot of people underestimate the clios. yes we all know what they all about but trust me alot of people dont know. they think just a clio nothing special but when they try it they see they fallin behind lol. and think yo thats fast. ive played with so many cars and 80% of them have more power bigger litre costs more etc and still they lose. oviously. and few of them thought i had a turbo. wish i did.

I had a s3s evos scoobys pulsars sx etc.. yes they are quick cars but they just dont put a smile on the face like the clios. if i had the money i will sc or turbo any day. saving up so hopefully one day :D

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
For 9k ish I'd be considering a P1 tbh. I really like them. I may also think about a Focus RS mk1. I also don't think a 4k s/c would add 2k to its value after a year. I think it would become impossible to sell on to as it just cries out I thrash the fook out of my car imo.

The P1 and FRS interiors are both also very questionable, for differing reasons.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Just do it!
The sensible thing would be to buy a "better" car. But the fact is that being an enthusiast doesn't mean you have to be sensible as well.. I love having turbo power - the novelty NEVER wears off. I like having a fairly standard looking car with a unique spec list that outperforms many of these supposedly "better" cars in a straight line and in the twisties.
Traction is sometimes an issue in the wet but if you drive to the conditions you'll be fine. And the chassis and standard brakes can cope perfectly well despite what others may think.

williams and trophy
I think it's lovely crazy spending 4k on s/c a 182. But I guess you cannot go quicker for less but I think I'd be getting something Jap Turbo for 9k or so (5k for your 182 plus 4k for the s/c).

and still be slower......and still lose loads in depreciation.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
After been taken for a spin in Ben_Stevo172's charged 172 I can honestly say it was f**king superb and I would love it if I had a big enough disposable income:dapprove:.

clio rs
i think if 'shadow' wants to spend 4k then go for it. u may well see that £4k again one day. people have been spending £4k on putting vr6 lumps in mk2 golfs for years. a mk1 golf with a s3 engine is worth more than £6k. So thats my point, a SC clio is worth alot.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
and still be slower......and still lose loads in depreciation.

Well, that depends on what rationale you've made up in your head to try and make yourself right.

Could get a P1 and spend your left overs on modding that. Won't lose alot of cash and a P1 with a remap, air filter and decat I'd imagine to be pretty quick. Must be about 350bhp. Can get a P1 for about 8k, not sure how much further 1k would go on mods.

williams and trophy
lmao

but a p1 with 350 ...power to weight is never going to be as quick as a clio with 270...... not to mention the power sapping 4wd system

for a grand on a scoob, zorst, remap n thatd b your lot pretty much

Thanks for the suggestions, but I've said before I would never want the hassle of owning a scoob or evo, let alone taking it on track!

I might have a bit of disposable money to SC to clio, but I aint got a bottomless pit of money to keep a scoob moving lol!

If I decide to spend that money, I'm 80% sure I'll go down the SC route, mainly because it's different.
Granted I'll loose money on it, but I'll loose money whatever I do.

You only live once!!