ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheel Re-trimmed

Liking that :)

Seen something similar ;) How did you get it for free?
I bought the set (handbrake one too) but decided that the latter looked s**t, so asked for a part-refund and they agreed. They sent me a full refund and when I asked if it was a mistake, they just replied 'no worries thanks again' so I gave up!

Yeah the gaitor, free too. Is it one of snappy's? I wouldnt mind one with yellow stitching.
No it's off eBay, snappy PM'd me a couple of days later asking if I wanted one making to thank me for this thread/bringing him to everyone's attention and getting him some work!

It's worth a try. I've bought a handbrake cover in alcantara off Austin to match my A-pillars. It's all about the subtle changes :approve:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I bought the set (handbrake one too) but decided that the latter looked s**t, so asked for a part-refund and they agreed. They sent me a full refund and when I asked if it was a mistake, they just replied 'no worries thanks again' so I gave up!

Was that from top gaitors? The quality on the gaitors are good. Like you, I think the handbrake looks poo. Result on the refund though :) Whats next on the subtle red bits to come?

Megane 225 F1
He doesn't have any Megane wheels in for exchange
i would have definitely have had one if he did but i cant have the car of the road while i send him mine
​they look superb

Was that from top gaitors? The quality on the gaitors are good. Like you, I think the handbrake looks poo. Result on the refund though :) Whats next on the subtle red bits to come?
No idea, I'm sure I'll find something though :) I want alcantara bits too, like door cards and rear seats (and eventually my roof lining). I do have a similar theme to you going on, but I think you have a bigger budget :eek:

He doesn't have any Megane wheels in for exchange
i would have definitely have had one if he did but i cant have the car of the road while i send him mine
​they look superb
I just borrowed one off a mate, just an old ph1 wheel and fitted that for a few days whilst it was done. Could be worth trying that or picking one up cheap off eBay/scrap yard :)

Renault Clio
My re-trimmed wheel arrived today - I got it from Royal Steering Wheels. They do an exchange service which made it so much easier, I'll swap them over tonight and send my old one off tomorrow or Wednesday. The new wheel is great! The old one really was bad, the thumb grips really badly worn and picked by the previous owner. The service was great and a good price too - £110 plus a deposit that I will get back when they've received my old wheel. Paid by PayPal. I'm so pleased with the new wheel - perforated leather with red stitching. I'll put up some pictures that I took when I opened the box but I'll put more up when its in the car! Will definitely recommend this company.

photo 2.JPGphoto 1.jpg